Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > SP (Single Axle Pusher Unique Issues)

SP (Single Axle Pusher Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your SP model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it....List your SP parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 03-09-2019

Default Issues with Primus heating system

Hi,

I have my first RV, a 1991 SP36. So much to learn. I'm having a problem with the Primus heating system. I can get heat to blow out from under the bed, in the rear room, from the rear Primus controller. With the front controller, I can feel heat in the right baseboards, but it's not blowing out. I'm not sure how to get the left baseboards to work. I'm working only with the first button and thermostat on the control unit.

I assume there is a problem with the circulation pump. Does this sound right? Is there something easy to get this working, like a switch? Or should I start with checking the fuse, then proceed to the pump? If I need a new pump, are they easy enough to find?

I have 2 boondocking events later this month, and I hope I can get this system up and running beforehand.

Thanks,
Old 03-10-2019
Forum owner

i think your doing good!
It seems like both boilers are working and making heat.
On the last bus i had with Primus heat one side did not have fans,and the other side did have fans.
I had 2 zones,a left and a right side zone.
There is a fan speed control in several spots,a round knob under a cabinet or?

Heres how the fans work,the fan has a speed control,and the speed control gets its power from a snap disc thats zip tied to the heater hose that runs through the coach.
The zip ties get loose and the snap disc does not make good enough contact to heat up and turn the fan on.

I have no idea where the fans are in an sp,but someone will be along to help.
I will guess,one fan in the bathroom,one in the kitchen and one in the bedroom.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 03-10-2019

Our SP had a fan under the bed, one in the bathroom, one in the kitchen and one under the couch. they were controlled by snap disc and didn't have any speed control.

Are you sure both boilers are lighting when both controls are on? Have you gone back and felt each one? They both should be hot to the touch.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 03-10-2019

You came to the right place Joe. Did you recieve the picture I sent of the fan control?
As Randy said they are all a little different . My fan is right under the front part of the jackknife couch.. You mentioned that there was heat up front if I remember right but just no warm air blowing. If so then the water is circulating so you are close.

Welcome to the zoo!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190308_152709.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	179.5 KB
ID:	60640  
porschenein59@gorge.net

"There comes a time in a mans life where he must take the bull by the tail,, and face the situation."
Old 03-10-2019

I appreciate all of the great tips. I'll look into the 2 units and fans later today when I have time.
John, attached is a photo of what I guess is the thermistor and rheostat. It is on the underside of my galley cabinet. There is another set near the dinette.
It's hard to know which way is high, low, and off, if this is indeed the controller for the fan/blower.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0035.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	60642  
Old 03-10-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWilliamson View Post
I appreciate all of the great tips. I'll look into the 2 units and fans later today when I have time.
John, attached is a photo of what I guess is the thermistor and rheostat. It is on the underside of my galley cabinet. There is another set near the dinette.
It's hard to know which way is high, low, and off, if this is indeed the controller for the fan/blower.

It may not always be true, but typically all the way to the left is off and all the way to the right is max., with variables in between.

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 03-10-2019

It looks like the one I have for the bathroom Primas fan by the sink.. I bet that may be the issue. If you have a volt meter I would check for input.
porschenein59@gorge.net

"There comes a time in a mans life where he must take the bull by the tail,, and face the situation."