Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M450 (Unique Issues)

M450 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M450 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M450 Parts here too. NO DISCUSSION OF ANY OF THE M450 LAWSUITS ALLOWED HERE.

Site Search:

Old 03-13-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck View Post
Well just how heavy is she? Well I will tell you.

Weighed during the recovery run, empty of personal belongings but full of fuel and full of water....
Seems reasonable
Cape Cod,ma
Old 03-13-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
So the email group is not working for new 450 owners.

Well I don't think I can agree entirely with that. Most new owners get referred to the to the email chain by the previous owners and are accepted with open arms.

The biggest problem is that my emails only go back 16 months so how many important tid bits did I miss. Every new owner starts new. The knowledge base is not preserved well.

In my opinion, a better tack to bring the wayward flock over is to abstain from stating the obvious negatives of maintaining an exclusive email chain and to encourage them to come to a place that wants them, that they are welcome and a place that will be here (consistently) for along time.

It seems like negatives create debate, sometimes confrontational where positives inspire conversation many time productive. Just my opinion...

Buck Jackson
Tallahassee, Florida
2006 M450 Lxi

Last edited by Buck; 03-13-2019 at 09:54 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 03-13-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crit Bliss View Post
Seems reasonable

It was about 2000 lb heavier before the recall.

Buck Jackson
Tallahassee, Florida
2006 M450 Lxi
Old 03-13-2019
ANOTHER REDNECK

Wow

love me some 450-------------- dont know if i ever will trade up but man them numbers are not bad with todays tires

nice units

for sure top of end of blue bird line

so no air on slides how does it seal

please let me know as i am going to change my slide to no air right now!!!!!!!!!!!
Just a Hobby Shop now-Bird Repairs upon Appt and my Schedule -USAR Retired
Pleasanton Tx 78064
Do not use PM... please use
rwoody@fullnet.net
http://www.ebay.com/usr/woody19571

Old 03-13-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck View Post
...Every new owner starts new. The knowledge base is not preserved well... encourage them to come to a place that wants them, that they are welcome and a place that will be here (consistently) for along time. It seems like negatives create debate, sometimes confrontational - where positives inspire conversation many times productive. Just my opinion...
Have told newbies many times that one of the most valuable parts of the WOG is it’s SEARCH function. Learning to use it opens a vast pool of model specific knowledge, one that I still refer to often. Before I begin ANY task, even simple ones - I use SEARCH to see what’s been done before. Invariably, something unexpectedly helpful pops up from years ago - from a time long before my BB tenure, where I don’t even recognize the contributors names. I’m certain a decade or two from now, the same thing will be happening and my name will be the long ago forgotten handle. It would be awesome for your group if your entire email chain could be ported over to the WOG, if nothing more than to gain that ability.

There will always be naysayers, trolls and critics. But on the WOG, they will be a very small and insignificant minority. Tell your cohorts “We want them onboard and we’ll be nice!”. I for one would love to read how your email chain “members” have delt with their “issues”. Perceived negatives tend to happen when new designs and innovative systems are being developed, especially while the bugs are worked out. To build a vehicle that can do things no other coach is even remotely capable of doing (still! ) creates unintended side effects, good and bad. I’ve delt with and solved weight & balance issues, fixed melted ball joint boots & bad brakes, and updated just a couple items . Some were anticipated, some not. But ALL were learning experiences and part of the evolution. Contrary to popular belief, that process doesn’t and shouldn’t stop when a coach is delivered. Our manufacturer support is long gone, but thankfully the WOG is here and will be for a very long time.

In my case and after almost 5 years , I now have a coach that when I step out into the garage she whispers “Come on, let’s go, I’m ready! What are you waiting for?” Hopefully, yours is saying the same thing .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E253BC60-FCAA-4E28-AAAE-F2A4D1D159A3.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	191.7 KB
ID:	60658  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Just the Driver

At the Birds at the Beach rally there was a conversation about social media and how it pertains to our coaches, all coaches. I feel that it was agreed that photos of trips, pets and other things were great on some of the other sites.

WOG is the place for all the technical information both by putting information how to fix something in a post or learning from what is placed here. It’s a give and take that helps all owners and potential owners that are looking.

I own a 450 and there is a section in WOG for 450’s. Posts can be placed in a category so someone researching can locate it and learn. Real easy. The only request is to not post about recalls and legal issues and abide by the WOG guidelines.

OK the reason I bring this up, there is a 450 email group and there are posts there that have a lot of good information but maybe it’s just me working for my I phone that it hard to keep up and search to locate this weeks or months down the road. Just in the past few days there have been emails going back and forth about a fogged window repair or replacement, a grey tank water leak and repair along with engine fan running only on high speed. There topics all mixed between replies to each email, but good information with vendors information and part numbers.

There is also a 450 group in RV Village, it's closed and I cant gain access, but again why?

It is evident that people are searching information about the 450’s here as many times I look at the home page on WOG and note several viewing the 450 page, so if we are taking information from WOG why not put the information back for other owners where it could be found in the future.
I think Randy said it well right here about a month or so ago : The 450’s are perfect, you guys never have anything to say!” Put the information out here good and bad it can only help all of us. Remember that there are a lot of people here that have knowledge that are willing to help but they cant if the request is not posted.

I am putting this out here for the best of our Blue Bird community, I just can’t see the need for separation of the information as if we were trying to keep it secret. If your are taking information from WOG and it helps fix an issue put the result back on WOG. This is a two way street.

Hope I didn't lose too many friends.

Bryan and Karen Altier
2006 M450 LXI. “Ruffin it EZ II”
2014 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Hard Rock
2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Hard Rock
Greenville, SC
Altierb@bellsouth.net
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Just a little differewnt slant, here. I don't know how to work on mine and I have no plans to learn. Right now I can afford to have it maintained properly. If that were to change I'd have to sell, but I figure I might as well be spending money on a really nice bus ie: 450, as I am spending money on my 84.5 PT. I know the 450 is way more complicated and expensive, but again, if I can afford to have it fixed, why not?

Now I just have to find enough money to buy one.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanaltier View Post
At the Birds at the Beach rally there was a conversation about social media and how it pertains to our coaches, all coaches. I feel that it was agreed that photos of trips, pets and other things were great on some of the other sites.

WOG is the place for all the technical information both by putting information how to fix something in a post or learning from what is placed here. It’s a give and take that helps all owners and potential owners that are looking.

I own a 450 and there is a section in WOG for 450’s. Posts can be placed in a category so someone researching can locate it and learn. Real easy. The only request is to not post about recalls and legal issues and abide by the WOG guidelines.

OK the reason I bring this up, there is a 450 email group and there are posts there that have a lot of good information but maybe it’s just me working for my I phone that it hard to keep up and search to locate this weeks or months down the road. Just in the past few days there have been emails going back and forth about a fogged window repair or replacement, a grey tank water leak and repair along with engine fan running only on high speed. There topics all mixed between replies to each email, but good information with vendors information and part numbers.

There is also a 450 group in RV Village, it's closed and I cant gain access, but again why?

It is evident that people are searching information about the 450’s here as many times I look at the home page on WOG and note several viewing the 450 page, so if we are taking information from WOG why not put the information back for other owners where it could be found in the future.
I think Randy said it well right here about a month or so ago : The 450’s are perfect, you guys never have anything to say!” Put the information out here good and bad it can only help all of us. Remember that there are a lot of people here that have knowledge that are willing to help but they cant if the request is not posted.

I am putting this out here for the best of our Blue Bird community, I just can’t see the need for separation of the information as if we were trying to keep it secret. If your are taking information from WOG and it helps fix an issue put the result back on WOG. This is a two way street.

Bryan, I'm right there with you. I know at times people may get confused about what this forum is and what it is all about. When the newer members read stuff about Just another day in California and my escapades, maybe I confuse them into thinking this is just another social media. When in reality WOG is the heart and soul of owning a Bluebird Wanderlodge or BMC, which provides everyone and anyone about as much information on repairs, parts, fixes etc. that can be found. There in lies the key. It can be found on WOG and if not somebody will find it for you or tell you what you want to know. Those that choose to get involved in FB, RV Village, or whatever are doing themselves a huge disservice, by posting fixes or similar things on the social media that has no way to search and find what you are looking for past a couple of days. Any longer than that on those social media sites and the stuff is virtually lost forever. It is sad.

Many will say that I'm spouting off because I don't like FB and the other stuff. Not really, my wife, kids, many friends get involved in it and it is ok for general B.S. I guess, but for talking about bus repairs, upgrades, fixes, or just wanting to show your bus off, I think it should be done here on WOG so it is preserved for the future. One of the great selling points of owning a Bluebird is you can talk to a perspective buyer and show him how WOG can save his bacon, when he gets into a jam. When was the last time anybody told somebody to go look at FB and find how to fix a Sporlan Valve? To me, if a PO wasn't involved in WOG it will make me wonder why? What was he trying to hide? Because maybe he might get lucky posting a question on FB about a repair and get an answer; plus he knows it will be lost forever, so a future owner won't know he had an issue?

Just one man's opinion and I hope nobody gets their panties in a bunch over it.

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Forum owner

The guys and gals here in the background of WOG have spent countless hours scanning and organizing the 450 drawings and info.
WOG owns that info and its free to everyone.
But the funny thing is,the people spending the most time on the 450 stuff don't have a 450!
If you 450 guys will start posting here,the rest will come.
I know theres a few 450 owners that have a problem with WOG,or with me,but it goes way beyond that,its about the machine,and keeping the machine running,and finding parts and byers for the same machine.
Or should the WOG stop trying to organize the 450 stuff and concentrate on the models that join in here?

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanaltier View Post

Hey Bryan, I'm still your friend & thanks for this post,
Your 450 & a few others may be the only saleable 450's, the others went dark, Why?? who cares??
But we all know it hurts a sale and price, when there is no knowledge and history info available.
We made a commitment to the files, we know they are accessed.
We also know present WOG BB owners buy up.
All 450 owners should to read this entire thread.
This is not the first attempt to include the 450 owners.