Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Eclipse Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > General Discussion > New Members

New Members New members to the forum are welcomed here.

Site Search:

Old 11-17-2021

It doesn't sound like you would drive it anyways until spring...even if it were delivered to you beforehand. If that's the case, I would make sure it is winterized and leave it where it is until spring. Save that transport money and just drive it home. The adventure is half the fun!
1969 Trojan SeaVoyager
1955 BMW R50
Old Ford Trucks!
Old 11-17-2021

I can get you some measurements tomorrow, but my 79 is more than 10 ft. I’m guessing 11 feet or more. Leave it there and bring it north in the spring when you can drive it! Then you won’t be worrying. Don’t rush!

Take an air brake course (if you don’t have an endorsement/license and read up on all the systems. We can help with any info you need. Then you will be ready to drive it home and enjoy the summer with it!

If you are somewhat mechanical minded, it is an easy bus to work on yourself! Love mine, any day working on it is a good day!
the (SLO-CAN) :
Old 11-20-2021

Decision made to leave it where is is for the winter. It’s been winterized, batteries removed and on a charger. Would have been nice to have it home in my own yard, that way the neighbours could wonder what that crazy old man Jordan is up to now.
Drive it home in the spring. I have signed up to take a air brake course that gets me a Z endorsement on my license, and looks like I still need to get “A Restricted” license account it is over 11000 kilograms.
Old 12-14-2021

Default Dumb Questions

Bus is in storage, so I haven’t had much time with it. Dumb questions to follow.
It does have a swing rad, so is the fan part of the rad? Does it swing with the rad? I assume it’s electric?
Also, I asked the seller if the windows had screens, he said yes. But when I look at pictures I took and he took I don’t see screens?
Seatbelts. Driver and passenger only on a 79? My layout has two club chairs with a table between, sofa across, but no seatbelts?
It would be nice to have the bus with me, but not until spring.
Old 12-14-2021

Seat belts are probably tucked under the couch / queen bed. Should be 3 seat belts attached to the couch frame (or floor - can’t remember actual attachment point. Also should be one attached to floor for the barrel seat behind co-pilot seat.

The fan should be belt driven - if original it will be a vicious fan. If upgraded it most likely will be a Horton Air driven fan. Lots of info on the fans and adjusting the belts. Check out John Finn’s (RIP) notes and the photo library he created.
the (SLO-CAN) :