Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M380 (Unique Issues)

M380 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M380 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M380 Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 12-30-2019

Default Fresh Water Tank Fill Issues

The other day when at another campground I filled my fresh water tank as usual, no issues, no problems. At a new campground with high water pressure (I've been here many times without issue) I hooked up to local water and later noticed that the fresh water overflow tube was dripping. Figuring the fresh water tank was too full, I shut off the local water and drained the tank a bit. It stopped dripping for a while then continued to drip. I also noticed that my SeeLevel guage for the fresh water tank is stuck on 100% no matter what I do; it was working in the other campground. All the other Seelevel tanks are reading correctly and working. I figured maybe there's a pressure lock or air lock in the line so I shut off the campground water and opened all the faucets running the line water down. Then tried the on board pump and all is fine not with the Seelevel but with the pump. Drained the line again and switched to campground water and all is fine except for the Seelevel. I then tried the fresh water tank fill and the switch light goes on but I don't think the fresh water tank is being filled because I can hear or see or feel the water going through the hose or through the glass filter so there appears to be a stuck fill valve in the system...I don't know if this has anything to do with the Seelevel issue, but I don't think the fresh water tank is being filled. Any suggestions? Where is the fresh water fill valve located? Could it be an electrical connection from the fill switch (the light goes on) to the valve itself? My guess is that the fresh water overflow tube is dripping because the valve is stuck the the high pressure is somehow pressurizing the fill line?
Email DennisTorresMalibu@gmail.com
Old 12-30-2019

I’d bet on the Sporlan Valve. Stephen at Dupree Products sells a rebuild kit. Order two and carry a spare. In the interim you may be able to carefully clean the calcium buildup off the rubber disk in the valve with a razor blade and nail/needle. Details found in the links at posts #55-#58 here: https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...?t=6358&page=6.
Old 12-31-2019

Agree with Van.

Quick sanity test: If I open the door to the next bay forward (bay with the water pump and manifold), I can hear the sporlan “click” when I flip the fill switch on and off. As you said, green light turning on indicates you have power to the switch. If you don’t hear a nice, solid click, Van’s diagnosis is most likely source of the issue. To be complete, you can test 12v at the valve just before you remove it for the rebuild.

The following isn’t your problem since your fill has worked recently, but in case a noobie searches this thread in the future, my fill was not working when I bought the 380. Green light was on all the time. I pulled the switch and found some genius had moved the 12v hot wire to the green-light connector on the switch! So the green light was always on but no power was available to energize the valve. Moved the wires on the switch to the proper connectors, heard the sporlan click and water started flowing to the tank. Check the easy stuff first!

Good luck Dennis.
Jim
hexspeed@aol.com
Phone # in Member Profile
Old 12-31-2019

Thanks Van and Jim, I'll get out there today and do some investigation. Read the links, but where can I find the Sporlan on the M380? Is it in the bay where the water pump is and is it readily accessible? Why do you suggest rebuilding rather than remove and replace is the valve that expensive or is it for environmental reasons?
Old 12-31-2019

Yup, same bay as pump, easy to refurb, but would be more difficult to replace, I R&R the top on my Sporian valve in maybe 20 mins..
"Smooth Ride"
Full Timing with 2 cats
Old 12-31-2019

Default M380 Sporian Valve

Pic of my valve.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	822EA183-DD54-4A23-8399-4C70175B178E.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	199.9 KB
ID:	65701  
"Smooth Ride"
Full Timing with 2 cats
Old 12-31-2019

Dennis: Have to admit I didn’t search further for the sporlan once the switch fix solved my problem, but think the valve is in the area of the red circle in the photo. Took this a couple of months ago for another reason and am not near my bus at the moment so can’t verify. Maybe Van will chime in since he’s rebuilt his.

Click image for larger version

Name:	221B84C7-C50A-4B89-810E-46FF959D8B67.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	198.6 KB
ID:	65700
[CLICK TO ENLARGE]

Jim

EDIT: Lance put his photo in while I was typing. Not trying to confuse you!
hexspeed@aol.com
Phone # in Member Profile
Old 01-01-2020

Thanks for the photos. I haven't taken it apart yet and will order the rebuild kit from Steven when I get back from this trip...I have a mail hold but not a package delivery hold so I don't want to leave it for some porch pirates. I'm in The Springs at Borrego in Borrego Springs California until the end of the month and will have plenty of time to work on resolving this. Interestingly when I checked the valve I found the electric plug harness between the switch and the valve disconnected which led me to believe that was the problem so I snap both ends into each other but that did not help. Interesting too that the fill switch lights up regardless if this plug harness is connected or not. Tomorrow when the Garnet Company is back from their Holiday I will call and find out why my SeeLevel for the fresh water tank is stuck on 100% full. I don't know if there is a connection with the Sporlon valve issue, but it is interesting that the two issues coincided. Thanks as always for the help and if you are not tired of hearing this, have a Happy New Year.