Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions

Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions and related components.

Site Search:

Old 01-07-2020
Burnin Up in Az. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984Lodge View Post
My MCI had them on the steers, they were old so they were hard.. not sure on how they are new. For me I try to get the best deal on an American made tire that I can get. Just put two new Goodyear Endurance tires on my steers and I am very pleased with them. They are very quiet and have a soft ride. I was able to get them for $525 through a buddies commercial account. I installed them with my brothers help and their tire machine.
Here is a video of the work..
https://youtu.be/-KmO_iZZS2c
Well here we go again with the tire debate....
I've got to speak up because I've heard way more bad stories about Goodyear on buses & heavy haul than any other tire. I started making notes to myself years ago when I'd hear good or bad on tires and this one is on the naughty list.

Try any of these; Yokahama, Kumho, BF Goodrich, Toyo, Michelin, Double Coin, Hankook. I just installed 6 Toyo M154 on my 83FC35 for $500 per tire out the door.
eMail=Mike.Putz@cox.net | Web=http://mikeputz.com/
Solar = https://www.solarpenny.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=257

FMCA #236459, Good Sam #17270530, Vintage Birds #1509
Old 01-07-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by soon to be free View Post
Has anyone here in WOG bought Sumitomo tires and if so we're you satisfied with them?
When we bought our LX it had six Sumitomo tires on it. This past fall I replaced
four of them that were the drive tires because of age and one of them had a slice on the side wall. I will replace the last two that are on the tag axle this summer.
I guess I can’t say they were bad tires. We went with Hankook because of price and availability.
1989 WB “Pasture Prime” 2017-2019 Sold
2018 Ford F150 4x4
Old 01-07-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by soon to be free View Post
Has anyone here in WOG bought Sumitomo tires and if so we're you satisfied with them?
I have used Sumitomo St718 315 tires for the past 8 or 9 years. My father has used them on his 2003 LX too. They are great and I wouldn't hesitate using them again. An old time poster Tom Warner swore by them and thought they were the best thing since sliced bread .

I had a difficult time in finding them locally and ones that had fresh date codes was nearly impossible. I found a place that would ship them at a steep discount ($530/tire) and were great to work with. They are located in Murray Ky and work with most tire brands.

https://www.rudolphtire.com
800-231-2295
ext. 113
Ask for Shawn when you call.

Best Regards,
Dan Leftwich
Somers NY
1987 35FC
"BaBar"
Old 01-07-2020

I'm Roadmaster 234,'s, very pleased
Cape Cod,ma
Old 01-07-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRPutz View Post
Well here we go again with the tire debate....
I've got to speak up because I've heard way more bad stories about Goodyear on buses & heavy haul than any other tire. I started making notes to myself years ago when I'd hear good or bad on tires and this one is on the naughty list.

Try any of these; Yokahama, Kumho, BF Goodrich, Toyo, Michelin, Double Coin, Hankook. I just installed 6 Toyo M154 on my 83FC35 for $500 per tire out the door.
Tires are like oils, go with what you like.. I am not debating tires just offering my take... I know that if I have an issue with these tires, I will not have to worry about it, it will be taken care of... that is why I went with the goodyear.. I know the source I am getting them from will stand behind the product if there is an issue. Also a nice ride in the Goodyear blimp might have influenced me too... just kidding..

Jeff LoGiudice
1984LodgeJeff@gmail.com
Temple Terrace, Florida
1984 Bluebird PT40
#F063411 6V92TA & MT654CR
& 1986 MCI 102A3
6V92TA & HT740 (Sold)
YouTube-Gino's Garage https://www.youtube.com/user/xjrjeff
http://www.bbirdmaps.com/index.cfm #460
Old 01-07-2020

A dealer recommended and I put on tires made by a Chinese company...I don't remember the name, but they served me well. I just tried a search for the name and didn't see it anymore. After seven years I called Michelin in South Carolina and ordered a fresh set under the FMCA discount and they were shipped to California and installed by a local Michelin dealer; only a few months after manufacture. I not only wanted to give the business to the USA, but it was worth it to me to have tires that were so highly rated. Since it is recommended to change tires every seven years or so I would guess any good brand will do, but to me given that good tires are extremely important and the difference in cost is minimal considering how much these rolling homes of ours cost to keep in good serviceable condition, I'll go for the those with the best reputation.
Email DennisTorresMalibu@gmail.com
Old 01-07-2020
Forum owner

Don't forget we have a better deal on Michelins here on WOG that beats the pants off of the Michelin Advantage Program.
Great savings on great tires.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 01-07-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
When we bought our LX it had six Sumitomo tires on it. This past fall I replaced
four of them that were the drive tires because of age and one of them had a slice on the side wall. I will replace the last two that are on the tag axle this summer.
I guess I can’t say they were bad tires. We went with Hankook because of price and availability.
Time out..........
I was wrong. I had Samson tires not Sumitomo tires.
Sorry for any confusion.
Carry on.
1989 WB “Pasture Prime” 2017-2019 Sold
2018 Ford F150 4x4
Old 01-08-2020

Randy, had I known about the WOG discount I would have used it...Next time!
Email DennisTorresMalibu@gmail.com
Old 01-08-2020

Randy hooked me up on the WOG tire discount program. Great savings.