Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M380 (Unique Issues)

M380 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M380 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M380 Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 04-24-2018

Default need help please with black widow (alarm)

Please help, let me start by saying coach has been in outside storage for several months, started occasionally and batteries on trickle chargers. 3 weeks ago I started it no problem, let everything charge etc...yesterday went to start it turned everything on....Nothing, no noise, no lights, no genny working I mean nothing...after trying to diagnose everything, i realized that the little red button on the valet switch is missing. PO told me he never did anything with the black widow (alarm) so I have left it alone. I read the manual and when the key is on the LED blinks 10 times, I assume that this means it has been activated and there must be an ignition override or something. After following the instructions from the manual on "emergency override" Still nothing, BUT the entrance door did seem to lock, so something is going on.....my question basically is how do I completely bypass the alarm system (black widow) or how to alleviate this problem all together. BTW the remotes (black widow) do not operate.
2004 PT Cruiser

USMC 0311
DAV Life Member
Old 04-24-2018

Are you sure your batteries are charged and you don't just have a low voltage problem.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 04-24-2018

Yes batteries are charged they been on charger for a few days, water level is good on all of them, the genny wont start Which it always does even when batteries are dead, this is why i believe it is something to do with alarm...
2004 PT Cruiser

USMC 0311
DAV Life Member
Old 04-24-2018

You could call Black Widow. Perhaps they would be able to tell your what the 10 red blinks mean. Perhaps they could give you a clue on how to disable your system. Google Black Widow for their contact info.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 04-24-2018
1983 FC 35 "Casa Billisa"

Here's a link to the Black Widow User Manuals.
https://www.blackwidowsecurity.com/manuals.htm
St. Petersburg, Florida
Old 04-24-2018

Default Crime Guard 533I Manuals - M380 Alarm System

The manuals (User & Installation) for my alarm system are attached below. The system not only has batteries in the remotes, but per the manual it also has one in the control box. My alarm system mysteriously quit working a couple years ago and the issue was traced to the control box battery. That the starter interrupt shuts down your gen is news to me. Unless the gen aux switch is engaged, the gen start battery remains completely separate from the coach/chassis systems and that’s the whole reason for a separate gen battery. I think 10 blinks has something to do with the Valet mode. However, programming this box is VERY complicated so I don’t use any of the advanced modes. It has a ton of special features and they all seem to all be in the manual - if you can figure out how to program and use them .

Rick is right, first verify that all your batteries are good. How old are they? Then give Omega a call. The alarm system has a Lifetime Warranty, so you might have some luck there. I ordered a couple new remotes from them. Sorry I can’t be more help.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Crime Guard Black Widow 533I3.pdf (1.38 MB, 10 views)
Old 04-24-2018

With ignition key on, how many volts are indicated on the dash volt gauge?
Body #234
"Smooth Ride"
Full Timing with 2 cats
214-729-1384
Old 04-24-2018

This seems like something more than an alarm. I would expect the alarm to have an ignition disconnect so that you cannot get power to the starter, but everything else to work. Maybe they have things connected to the electronics master switch?
Old 04-24-2018

I had a long conversation with black widow i am waiting for some answers, But there is nothing happening on the gauges unless i press the generator battery switch and even then it is very quick. it is really weird seeing how i just started it like 3 weeks ago.....genny ran great...
2004 PT Cruiser

USMC 0311
DAV Life Member
Old 04-24-2018

Do you have a engine battery disconnect in the engine bay? I had same symptoms (minus alarm) and had forgotten I had used that switch when replacing the alternator.
1984 FC35RB Sold