Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > RV Lifestyle > First-Timers and Newcomers

First-Timers and Newcomers Are you a first-timer, newcomer, or even a "wannabe"? This is the place to get your questions anwered.

Site Search:

Old 08-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by isp2952 View Post
I have said this before and I will say it many more times I imagine. Buying a Bird is like buying a house. It is something that will most likely take you a while to accomplish. Not that it hasn't happened to buy the first one, but usually you look at several houses before you finally buy the one that you end up with. Sometimes you may go back to the first one that you looked at and buy it, but not before looking at several others. The point is know and understand what you are looking at. When you do the coach will "speak to you". Something will finally tell you, "Yes this is the one". That's the one you want to buy. Because if you don't fall in love with it, you may end up hating it, when you have to start dropping some bucks to get things fixed. When you love something you don't mind paying that money. To me that is the big difference between just buying a coach or owning one.
Very true Jim. I actually got to the point that I was seriously asking myself "Do I really want to buy one of these or do I just enjoy looking at them and thinking about it?" Then after months of phone calls, e-mails and a couple thousand miles of road trips to kick tires, a guy I worked with found one on Craigslist less than 10 miles from my house. I almost gave up on it because I had problems contacting the seller, then the ad disappeared from craiglist. Finally did get an email back from the guy and then talked to him and went to see it and take a drive in it. That was it, I climbed in it, looked around, sat down on the couch and felt like I was home. Yeah, there are days I say to myself "What the H377 were you thinking ?" but I wouldn't trade it or the experiences I've had with it for anything.
Dave

THE SHORT BUS
(She's Just a Little Slow)
Old 08-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTW1086@cox.net View Post
... I actually got to the point that I was seriously asking myself "Do I really want to buy one of these or do I just enjoy looking at them and thinking about it?" Then after months of phone calls, e-mails and a couple thousand miles of road trips to kick tires... That was it, I climbed in it, looked around, sat down on the couch and felt like I was home...
Dave
Me too!! After two years and with retirement looming I had begun questioning why I was looking. Do I really want to own one of these awesome machines or like you say "Do I just enjoy looking at them and thinking about it?" It took two years of education about my own needs, wants and dreams but once that had been accomplished, saying "This is the one!" was easy.
Old 10-08-2014

Very useful. Thanks for posting.
Old 10-08-2014

Excellent read! Thanks! We are so lucky. :-) Both of my Bluebirds were acquired like accidental pregnancies. But I don't regret a thing! Isn't she cute!
Austin, Texas
Old 10-08-2014

Great read, thanks for sharing.
Old 10-08-2014

For me, way to long of a process........

I'm a "spur of the moment"...."do it now" type person. I've owned 3 BBs and countless other SOBs.

Would I like for my current coach to have a "Face Lift"? Sure! Could I change things? Sure! Will I change things? Probably not! Will I keep it in great "Road Ready Condition"? Sure......And the most important thing is I will enjoy and accept it like it is. It does not have to be "Just right" or the right color....Although I do want a Black one.

Life is to short to sweat the small stuff.

Last edited by jwmp; 10-08-2014 at 01:44 PM.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Thanks a million for alerting me to this most valuable tool. And in reply to your suggestion, we move towards the ultimate goal daily.