Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Vehicle Issues

Vehicle Issues Frequently asked questions about vehicles, parts, maintenance, and troubleshooting

Site Search:

Old 05-01-2018

Default 2nd shake down trip have few questions

Took a 4 day trip to Hersy,Pa.

1st problem was the steps kept going in whenever coach door shuts. Used the toggle switch by the step area. Tried both ways and the steps always closed when the door closed. When the system air was low it finality stayed out. I do not even know how to troubleshoot this problem. Any help will be appreciated.

2nd question. There are two electrical breakers behind the drivers side mirror in the bedroom. What are they used for?

3rd question a switch next to the bed “ switch says on/off water purge” Do not know what that switch is used for.

4th question. The engine temperature gauge needle on the dash keeps jumping around. I assume a loose conection, a bad gauge or a bad sending unit.

Thanks,
Nelson. 1994 wb40ft
Old 05-01-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson007 View Post
Took a 4 day trip to Hersy,Pa.

1st problem was the steps kept going in whenever coach door shuts. Used the toggle switch by the step area. Tried both ways and the steps always closed when the door closed. When the system air was low it finality stayed out. I do not even know how to troubleshoot this problem. Any help will be appreciated. Do you have the dash switch set to extend?

2nd question. There are two electrical breakers behind the drivers side mirror in the bedroom. What are they used for? Inverter circuits

3rd question a switch next to the bed “ switch says on/off water purge” Do not know what that switch is used for.To winterize you coach.
Many have disabled this feature, because if it should fail it can get water into your air system

4th question. The engine temperature gauge needle on the dash keeps jumping around. I assume a loose conection, a bad gauge or a bad sending unit.Loose connection most likely

Thanks,
Nelson. 1994 wb40ft
Hope this helps

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 05-02-2018

On the step issue, did you leave the key in the ignition to acc or on (not sure why you would do that). FYI on mine if the key is in the dash and turned to any position but off the step switch is over-ridden (to make sure you don't drive off with the step out).
1984 FC35RB Sold
Old 05-02-2018

Duwayne,
I had the keys removed from the ignition while this happened.
Thanks,
Nelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmurdock View Post
On the step issue, did you leave the key in the ignition to acc or on (not sure why you would do that). FYI on mine if the key is in the dash and turned to any position but off the step switch is over-ridden (to make sure you don't drive off with the step out).
Old 05-02-2018

Thanks Jim,
I will have to check the dash switch to see if that was in the wrong position.

Do you know where the temp oil sender is located? I am able to see behind the dash gauge to check for a loose conection.

Thanks again,
Nelson
Old 05-03-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson007 View Post
Thanks Jim,
I will have to check the dash switch to see if that was in the wrong position.

Do you know where the temp oil sender is located? I am able to see behind the dash gauge to check for a loose conection.

Thanks again,
Nelson
I believe it is located on the curb side of the engine block, below the exhaust manifold, very close to the rear of the engine. Rear being, the closest to you, as you stand back there, looking at it. Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 05-03-2018

Thanks Jim.

Nelson
Old 05-03-2018

I had my Water Temperature gauge fluctuate last year, turned out that the crimp section of the plastic enclosed area was broken at the crimp. The connection looked good but with an DVM, the ohm readings changed as I moved the the connector by hand. This could have been by over crimping or using something other then a crimping tool to make the connection.
For peace of mind, change the crimp connectors with new ones at the sender on the engine, they are cheap and easily changed. This way you don't have to open the top of the engine compartment a second time.
(Don't ask why I know! LOL )
Old 05-10-2018

Checked all the switches and tried in all different sequences. The stepsopen and close every time I open the personal door. It will stay open and lock out after all the air is purged from system.
Any idea where to check? It was working a few weeks ago.
Thanks,
Nelson