Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues)

PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your PT or WB model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it....list your PT Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkYuma View Post
Phone call interrupted me so I mistakenly posted that one nevertheless I had a choice between the less expensive one and a 16 to 18 week delivery time or going with a slightly more expensive one by about $50 and having it within a week. Being basically impatient you can take a wild guess which way I went.
Mark, since we have been talking about so many part numbers, and pumps vs. motors, and places to obtain same, could you please post the specifics of what you got, the part # and where you obtained it? Maybe I get confused too easily. Never thought I did, but this one has me puzzled. I am in the middle of an issue myself, and may address this along with my other problem, while at it. Thank you.

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 1 Week Ago
Not so Junior anymore

I think what you're asking for is very pertinent.
Because it was the same thing I was looking for initially when I started my hunt for information on replacing a fan motor.
Please note that's what this is all about just the hydraulic fan motor.
The part number is located in a viewable area with it mounted on the very top of the fan motor it's self.
You may have to clean off the motor but hydraulic fluid cleans up very easily with good old fashion gunk the greaser.
They are you can find the part number 44970–33.
If you find that number that is an old Webster Part number and was commonly used on the The late 80s and 90s PT's. May have been used on other things but I am not sure of that.
A good hydraulic shop would know that that crosses to a new part number.
The current Webster part number is 163K1044.
What you'll find when you called to try and get one is that most of the shops actually build them on the man using parts created by Webster.
The cost and delivery time varies very considerably. I was quoted from one manufacture 16 to 18 weeks for delivery and as high as $800 and from another I got same-day shipping and prices as low as $500. So it all depends upon you what you need and what you want to do. I paid a little more for next day shipping, everyone else seem to have very long lead times.
I hope this clears up whatever confusion I caused earlier in my attempts to learn just this little bit of information.
There also is some varying opinions on whether you can change this fan motor out without removing the radiator. This was another part of my concerns.
The answer appears to be yes it can be done.
Although I got answers that very from, I wouldn't want to try it. Two, we did it on the side of the road.
But I also received answers on the removal of the fan too it's really not that hard and it makes the rest of the job easier, too, removing the radiator is a real pain in the ***.
I'll let you know which way I choose to go.
Towed 1986 Suzuki Samurai OR 2014 Jeep jk
Old 1 Week Ago

Ok thanks Mark, but you didn't cause the confusion, it was just a culmination of all of the info that had me going every direction. Yes the fan motor I believe is leaking on mine too. Not bad, but now that I have some other work going on I want to address this too, to make sure it isn't a problem later. I was also using both numbers to try and find the motor on line and was getting nowhere. Almost everything I was checking said "Not a valid number" or something like it. When I did find someplace that recognized the numbers they listed it as a Webster pump not a motor. Then when asking for a quote I couldn't fill in their requested info, because their list didn't have Webster listed. It has been a real circle jerk! That was why I was also inquiring where you sourced it, because I'm not having a lot of luck. I used Tommy Roundtree's info and nobody seems to be interested in responding to me from that place.

I

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 1 Week Ago
Not so Junior anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by isp2952 View Post
Ok thanks Mark, but you didn't cause the confusion, it was just a culmination of all of the info that had me going every direction. Yes the fan motor I believe is leaking on mine too. Not bad, but now that I have some other work going on I want to address this too, to make sure it isn't a problem later. I was also using both numbers to try and find the motor on line and was getting nowhere. Almost everything I was checking said "Not a valid number" or something like it. When I did find someplace that recognized the numbers they listed it as a Webster pump not a motor. Then when asking for a quote I couldn't fill in their requested info, because their list didn't have Webster listed. It has been a real circle jerk! That was why I was also inquiring where you sourced it, because I'm not having a lot of luck. I used Tommy Roundtree's info and nobody seems to be interested in responding to me from that place.

I
The places I got the best response from was

Flint hydraulic
Memphis Tennessee
901 794–4884
And
Hydraulic.net
Saint Augustine Florida
800–765–3670

Anyone I looked up online I had to call them and order to get something done.
I never found the old part number online anywhere except for things close to it on eBay And you know where close accounts.
I did get recommendations on other places; some I called and some I didn't. But these were the two that I got the best responses from.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
The places I got the best response from was

Flint hydraulic
Memphis Tennessee
901 794–4884
And
Hydraulic.net
Saint Augustine Florida
800–765–3670

Anyone I looked up online I had to call them and order to get something done.
I never found the old part number online anywhere except for things close to it on eBay And you know where close accounts.
I did get recommendations on other places; some I called and some I didn't. But these were the two that I got the best responses from.
Thanks again Mark. You've been a great help. I probably should have just gotten on the phone but I need to wait until the wife gets home. My hearing sucks so bad that even with hearing aids I tend to miss stuff. Not something I want to happen when buying parts for the bus. I put the speaker on the phone and my wife listens for me too and when I don't understand something I just look at her and she can tell me what they said. Just something I have to live with.

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 1 Week Ago

You can get a motor from Webster (Webtec.com) directly in Milwaukee, WI if you want, too. There are not two shaft sizes, either. At some point they used a different design shaft seal, which has a smaller outside diameter so the housing is machined differently, and this resulted in the alternate part number.

Old 1 Week Ago
Not so Junior anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by badandy View Post
You can get a motor from Webster (Webtec.com) directly in Milwaukee, WI if you want, too. There are not two shaft sizes, either. At some point they used a different design shaft seal, which has a smaller outside diameter so the housing is machined differently, and this resulted in the alternate part number.

Thanks for bringing that up. This is why I wanted to recommend that people clean up there motor and read their part number just to be sure they are ordering the right thing, these motors are a little expensive and I would hate to have someone buy the wrong one.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Thanks for bringing that up. This is why I wanted to recommend that people clean up there motor and read their part number just to be sure they are ordering the right thing, these motors are a little expensive and I would hate to have someone buy the wrong one.

To be clear: both motors work in place of each other. I put the new motor with the smaller seal in place of my old one that had the large seal and rebuilt the old one to have on the shelf.
Old 1 Week Ago

Can someone enlighten me on the seal orientation in the picture of the motor? In all my years of installing them this one appears to be installed backwards or lip out. I would think it would leak under pressure. Can someone correct me if I am wrong.
81 FC35 (lost in fire)
Old 1 Week Ago
John Wyatt - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alever View Post
Can someone enlighten me on the seal orientation in the picture of the motor? In all my years of installing them this one appears to be installed backwards or lip out. I would think it would leak under pressure. Can someone correct me if I am wrong.
Andy mentioned that it looked like it was in backwards when he got that new motor but I'm not sure if he inquired as to whether it needed to be flipped or not.
Body Number F095567
My Location: http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=4

1991 40' WB ...From 2008 - Present
1984 ½ PT-36 .From 2000 - 2008
1973 FC-31 .....From 1991 - 2001