Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Electrical

Electrical Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's electrical system.

Site Search:

Old 1 Week Ago

Default Samlex EVO 2212

http://www.samlexamerica.com/product...l.aspx?pid=572 The above link is for a 2200 watt inverter charger that I bought today. I read everything I could find on RV inverters in this forum and elsewhere. Personally I really like the Magnum 2812. Easy to use and does some energy management as well. But it was more money than what I planned on spending. The Samlex is an inverter charger and has a lot of features. Before making the purchase I called their support line and I was put through to a sales person right away. He knew his stuff and answered all my questions. There are a lot of inexpensive inverters on the market. But many are a sealed unit with no repairs possible. The Samlex weighs 59 lbs. . About the same size as a Xantrex 458. Easily programmed and has a 3 or 4 stage 100 amp charger. Full sine wave. Automatic transfer switch. Solar power can be integrated into the EVO. Although I found it for $1050 shipped that ad might have been a come on. No stock and they did not know when it would be available. But Amazon has it for $1139. My Bird is in Mexico and although I will be there working on it for a month I do not know if I will install it until fall.

1988 PT38 La Reina Gitana II
Old 1 Week Ago

Default Samlex

I have a new Samlex EVO 2212 in the box waiting for time to install, along with the Samlex remote panel. My bus still has the "dim the lights" battery boiler for a charger. I put a sine wave inverter in last year but it wasn't a high-end model. It kicked itself off twice last year for no apparent reason. I do have solar as well, so this Samlex should adapt nicely. There are plenty of warnings on the Samlex to use 4/0 cable to and between the batteries. I have procured a pile of 4/0 cable and will be replacing the old cable varieties on my bus which currently include 2/0, 1/0 and 1.

Bob G
Chelsea, Michigan
1989 FC35SB Silver Edition
Old 1 Week Ago

I just installed this unit in our BMC over the weekend. Working great so far. Replaced the Xantrex Prosine 2.0 after power surge in Sacramento last summer got the TV, convection microwave and other small items. Next up is a surge protector.
Old 1 Week Ago

I downloaded the manual and am impressed. It was written by someone whose first language is English.

1988 PT38 La Reina Gitana II