Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M380 (Unique Issues)

M380 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M380 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M380 Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 12-30-2015

Default New Roof Air/Heat

Given the dripping problem with my forward A/C that I have discussed in Vehicle Issues and elsewhere here I may replace it rather than try to get it repaired. At this point all things are pointing to icing up. Whether this is caused by the high humidity here in the Keys or by a Freon issue I don't know. I plan to have it professionally diagnosed.

I assume the unit is a Dometic Duo Therm. What is the model number?

If I decide to replace the unit should I get a new one like I have or is there anything better out there?

How much are these units?
2019 Renegade Verona LE 40 LTS Super C

Last edited by RonC; 12-30-2015 at 10:55 AM.
Old 12-30-2015

I replaced the rear AC/HP this past July. I ordered a Penguin HC/HP CCC/2PW 15K and the 3313107.107 conversion kit to convert from the CCC/2 to the CCC 5 button thermostat from PPL in Houston total cost including shipping was $1240. We did the removal and reinstall in just a few hours. I had to order several feet of foam pipe insulation from McMaster-Carr to remake the drain connections. I can send you a piece if you need some.

New HVAC works great!
Old 01-01-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan & Cindy View Post
I replaced the rear AC/HP this past July. I ordered a Penguin HC/HP CCC/2PW 15K and the 3313107.107 conversion kit to convert from the CCC/2 to the CCC 5 button thermostat from PPL in Houston... We did the removal and reinstall in just a few hours. New HVAC works great!
Dan - curious about that new thermostat & your Hurricane? I've had issues getting the fans on the front 2 zones to turn on. Sometimes they do & sometimes not. Discovered quite by accident yesterday that turning the dash Front AC switch OFF activated my non-running zone 1/2 fans (bedroom zone 3 has worked perfectly since I reset the rear AC dip switches). Till this point I've suspected either a bad front t-stat or wiring short but now need to investigate the dash AC switch angle...

Wondering if the CCC 5 button T-Stat would work with an oem Dometic/Hurricane setup (since for now both my rooftop ACs seem to be ok)?

Sent from my iPhone
Old 01-01-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGas View Post

Discovered quite by accident yesterday that turning the dash Front AC switch OFF activated my non-running zone 1/2 fans (
I have been wondering what those two dash A/C switches did. It seems strange that they are on the dash.
Old 01-01-2016
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonC View Post
I have been wondering what those two dash A/C switches did. It seems strange that they are on the dash.
Having the switchs on the dash is the deal!
If you get hot,you turn on the AC.
If you get cold,you turn off the AC
If you travel alone,you control the AC without stopping.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 01-01-2016

I can just picture in my mind the former BB engineers sitting around a table having a brain storming session on what new really neat fabulous technology they are getting away with putting on a bus. "Wow! wouldn't it be cool if we put this system in?" "Yeah, why not? While we're at it, I wonder if any Italian companies make really neat front bus suspensions?" "Those Italians learned all they know from the Germans, didn't they?" " No it was the British engineers...the same ones that invented Lucas electrical systems". Reckon we could put a Lucas refrigerator on a coach?" Warm beer is great!" "No they are out of business. Norcold will be just as good."
Old 01-01-2016

Van - I did not have to replace the original 5 button CCC thermostat, only the rear HVAC unit. I had to swap the new HVAC's PCB for the newer CCC/2 thermostat with the 3313107.107 conversion PCB that is compatible with the older CCC thermostat.

Each dash AC switch provides 12 VDC power to a relay located in junction box that controls 120 VAC to the HVAC unit. Talk about switches for switches! You will see the junction box containing the relay when you remove the grill and supporting framework.

I don't understand why using the dash switch to shut off 12 VDC and ultimately the 120 VAC power to the HVAC would have any effect on Hurricane heater fans. I believe these are by 12 VDC fans. My CCC thermostat controls the Hurricane heating system up front when the function is set to furnace. Something sounds very strange but I am sure you will be able to chase down the gremlins.
Old 01-02-2016

Dan - thanks, didn't realize you used the existing 5 button CCC with an adapter for your new rear Penguin. Am familiar with 5 button CCC system trouble shooting manual (attached). Until the strange dash AC switch discovery, the intermittent nature of the zone 1/2 fan problem had me stumped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan & Cindy View Post
...You will see the junction box containing the relay when you remove the grill and supporting framework...
Is the grill/supporting framework the one attached to the Hurricane control down in the left bay? Sounds like either the switch or that relay could be the problem. That the fwd fans come on in OFF makes me wonder if they are wired backwards? After all, the rear dip switches were incorrectly set, why not the front too? Must'a been a Friday when they installed this system! Anyway, now confident a solution can be found.

Enjoy your new AC and happy new year! - Van
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DometicCCCTroubleshootingManual.pdf (672.6 KB, 131 views)

Last edited by NoGas; 01-02-2016 at 02:23 AM. Reason: Added ? about relay location
Old 01-02-2016

Van, my apologies for not communicating too well. The relays and enclosures I described are associated with the roof mounted HVAC units, not the Hurricane heater units.
Old 01-04-2016

I have a cracked pan. That is why it was draining both inside and outside. The shop owner, whom I trust, allowed how the M380's aluminum roof flexing contributed to the problem. Not being one to chase old equipment a new unit and an adapter to work with the 5 button thermostat are on the way. Price same as Dan's plus an estimated 1.5 hours labor.