Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M380 (Unique Issues)

M380 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M380 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M380 Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 12-18-2012
Itchintogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
Stephen.
As much as we would like to support you,WOGs biggest parts dealer.
it seems as if SDF has the best line of defense in this purchase.
They have 50 million reasons for Meritor to cooperate with them.
Just sayin..
In a previous post I mentioned working with a larger/transit partner and wondered why it had not been discussed. I agree with Randy. From a business perspective this is a less than best situation IMO no doubt with future value impact. The best right now is to work with SDF.

One item I feel is irresponsible is the lack of cost input. These people are in the business long term and should have an idea. This is not their first rodeo. However that is the path chosen. Let that tell you what it may.

The toxicity of this situation is no doubt visible to all who have read this thread but make the best of it and work with SDF and who knows what the future will bring. Sometimes alot of light comes out of uncertainty. This equipment will be around and it's legacy for many years. Everyone needs to keep that in mind. I mean everyone.

Last edited by Itchintogo; 12-18-2012 at 03:35 AM.
Old 12-18-2012
Forum owner

I wish this topic had never come up on WOG.
But,thats what WOG is all about.
Finding parts,fixing birds.
My interest here is this,if we don't get a source for parts the value of the 380 and 450 will continue to go down.
We all need to work together.
Chuck has spent hours on the phone and sending emails,as has Dan S.
Stephen,i suspect you have time invested too,as do I and others,Hish comes to my mind here.
I do think we have too many people trying to resolve the problem,too many people calling meritor,talking to different people at Meritor and getting different information from them.
At first i agreed we needed everyone to contact them,the squeaky wheel gets the grease thing.
Yesterday I called the people at SDF,Chucks contact.
They have their story.
Dan is talking to someone else,they say something different.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 12-20-2012
cmillsap

Shelly from Meritor called me and said the order for the Ball Joints had been placed with ZF Lemforder to cover the amount of the master order placed by San Diego Friction. Expected lead time for delivery is approximately 3 weeks.

Shelly mentioned that San Diego Friction has placed an order for 8 sets. I called E.J. who said that he was going to call his contact at Meritor forthwith and change the order to 12 sets which would include 6 sets to repair Veolia’s busses, 5 sets for the M380/450 owners who placed their order with him and 1 spare set for his stock.

If you have not placed your order by now, you may not be able to do so later.

I am just passing along what I have been told.........

Chuck
Old 12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmillsap View Post
Shelly from Meritor called me and said the order for the Ball Joints had been placed with ZF Lemforder to cover the amount of the master order placed by San Diego Friction. Expected lead time for delivery is approximately 3 weeks.

Shelly mentioned that San Diego Friction has placed an order for 8 sets. I called E.J. who said that he was going to call his contact at Meritor forthwith and change the order to 12 sets which would include 6 sets to repair Veolia’s busses, 5 sets for the M380/450 owners who placed their order with him and 1 spare set for his stock.

If you have not placed your order by now, you may not be able to do so later.

I am just passing along what I have been told.........

Chuck
I have just called the San Diego Friction and the the guy there did not seem to know about us and he told me after calling Meritor that I cannot place an order because the parts are not available, So maybe I did not speak with the right guy... Anayway my problem is that I speak French and my spoken English is bad. So I was not able to explain all the procedure.

So do you have a specific person and a specific phone number who know about us (WOG) and then I can try with him or her.

2004 M380
Old 12-21-2012

Default Ball Joints Order

Andre, Look at post #36. Ask for EJ.
Missouri
Old 12-21-2012
cmillsap

QUOTE=Andre;1[89225]I have just called the San Diego Friction and the the guy there did not seem to know about us and he told me after calling Meritor that I cannot place an order because the parts are not available, So maybe I did not speak with the right guy... Anayway my problem is that I speak French and my spoken English is bad. So I was not able to explain all the procedure.

So do you have a specific person and a specific phone number who know about us (WOG) and then I can try with him or her.[/QUOTE]

Andre,

Ask to speak to E.J. if you are having trouble placing your order. He has ordered one extra set that he may be willing to hold for you. here's the phone # (619) 232 9164

Chuck
Old 12-21-2012

the infamous m380 m450 ball joints will be available from ANY Meritor Dealer or distributor in North America
you do not have to order from one particular dealer
that was communicated to me by Shelly Beneteau senior manager customer service group Meritior on december 21 at 2;30 pm

Happy new year on the first day of the new world Mayan Style

Email stephen@dupreeproducts.com
www.dupreeproducts.com
Telephone 888 668 4288
cell 716 220 1267
Please use email or telephone to contact
Old 12-21-2012

I just tried to call E.J. but he won't be there until next week. Then I sent an email to Shelly at Meritor and she answered very quickly. Here is what she told me:

There has been mis information posted pertaining to these ball joints. You do not have to order them from San Diego Friction. You may order them locally from either an independent distributor of our product, or a dealer that is associated with an OEM.

We currently have 12 pieces of each ball joint being shipped to us from Germany. We will have the ability to order more, if the market has the need for more of these parts, now that we have a supplier in place.

If you need help in finding distribution in your area you may log on to our website www.xpresswayplus.com and click on the find dealer distributor link and input your postal code, it should provide you with companies that have access to our product. They can in turn place an order with us on your behalf. We are not authorized to sell directly to the end user.

Regards,

Shelly Beneteau

So it looks to me that the ball joints will be available after the original order. Do I miss something?

2004 M380
Old 12-21-2012

If I owned a 380 or a 450, I would make sure that I had good ball joints and at least one set of spares (maybe two).
Maybe the ball joints will be available in the future, but who knows. I suspect that this ball joint scare has already effected some peoples opinion of potential 380 and 450 ownership.

As far as the future goes, I do know that a bus without ball joints is almost worthless.
96wb42
Mid Door
Old 12-21-2012
cmillsap

Sounds like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing at Meritor. E.J. specifically told me that his rep told him that this is a one time order and done only to assure that Gillig Bus does not lose the 52 million dollar order from Veolia Transportation.

I have emailed Shelly asking for a clarification.

It would be great if it turns out that these parts are actually going to be available on an on going basis. However, I agree with what Peter Haggins posted above.

Chuck