Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Coaches For Sale by WOG Members

Coaches For Sale by WOG Members Coaches WOG members have for sale along with a short description. New rules for selling coaches May 1, 2019

Site Search:

Old 09-15-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwinomad View Post
Hi all

The bluebird has been revived, she is currently with a friend in San Francisco and im hoping to get back to the states in January to do a road trip throughout some of the mountains snowboarding in her!

My friend has ran into a problem though, a major leak in the radiator. He was told that it was too major to fix and needs to be replaced. The mechanic seems to think that they dont make radiators like these anymore and it would need to have a custom made core and i would be looking at around $1000 which seems crazy expensive to me! I was wondering if anyone knew where i may be able to source a radiator for the bird? As mark mentioned it has a 390 truck engine in it

any help would be much appreciated

thanks
jake
It would help us help you if we knew what type coach you have. Is it a Wanderlodge or a Schoolie? Most members take the time to put that info in their signature.

!000 bucks is not out of line for a custom made radiator that large. If your unable to do the labor yourself it will be much more than that.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 09-15-2018

It’s a Bluebird Inn mon - classic non-schoolie. They were built on several different chassis- Ford, Chevy, Dodge, IH. That’s what you need to go by.
Old 09-15-2018

($1000 bucks is not out of line) Safe to say. Every time one of my 80 diesel car collection needs a new radiator, I don't do aluminum, it's another 500 bucks, that's for a recore on an existing piece. Got a smoking deal on a custom CAC for the 35' FC, that cost $2800.
Big parts cost big dollars.
Germantown, WI/Myrtle ID
www.AutoTransDesign.com

http://s767.photobucket.com/user/mhohnstein/library/
Old 09-15-2018

See if you can have a new core put in. I had an old RV with a 454. Was always borderline on cooling. Spoke to a local shop and had a new and better core put in for $500. I couldn't get it to over heat even if I tried after that. I'd think yours should be close to the same size. Look around for a real deal radiator shop. Not some place that just measures and orders a new one.
Old 09-15-2018

Contact RSH! Radiator
Supply House. The website
Says it all! They are great!
porschenein59@gorge.net

"There comes a time in a mans life where he must take the bull by the tail,, and face the situation."
Old 09-15-2018

Good advice here! (look-in: junk yards, School bus yards, Old ford truck shops).
Jack: you have all the INFO on the INN in the binders I sent with it.
1969 Bluebird INN (one of 13 made by bluebird as a test market smaller RV). This one was made on a Ford B600 chassis, 5 speed manual w/OD, Rockwell limited slip rear axel, It came with a Ford 330I engine, replaced with the ford 390 truck engine. There is so much room up front you could fit "any" RAD. in it! Get the measurements and start looking (have your friend help).
2006 Jeep TJ Wrangler X
See my Album!
Old 09-15-2018
ANOTHER REDNECK

HOW MUCH FOR THE BUS?
Just a Hobby Shop now-Bird Repairs upon Appt and my Schedule -USAR Retired
Pleasanton Tx 78064
Do not use PM... please use
rwoody@fullnet.net
http://www.ebay.com/usr/woody19571

Old 09-16-2018

Here's some sales literature on the critter
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BLUE BIRD INN - FMCA AD.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	177.9 KB
ID:	57795  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BLUE BIRD INN BROCHURE.pdf (1.95 MB, 87 views)
File Type: pdf BLUEBIRD INN B-W.pdf (2.78 MB, 71 views)
Old 09-16-2018

Boy that’s really neat. What an innovative company. See how busy that factory was back at that time , in the brochures.

The way kids and adults were dressed..... different country altogether.
Craig.haedrich@hotmail.com
717 743-8764
“In a time of deceit, telling the truth becomes revolutionary “
Old 09-18-2018

hey rick, sorry about that. I didnt realise it wasnt in there - will update it now!

Rwoody currently she isn't for sale again, sorry i probably shouldn't have revived an old thread - i just knew there was a wealth of knowledge of the members regarding this bus in this thread. After being stolen and recovered about this time last year, i got her back on the road this time last month which involved replacing the starter motor and full service, and alot of cleaning My friend from the Netherlands is going to be exploring California in her for the next couple of months, unfortunately the radiator went on him in San Fran where it currently is. Im hoping to come back to the USA in January and will be exploring the mountains in CA, Utah and Colorado in her for 4 -5 weeks then may look at potentially offering her up for sale then

thanks for your help everyone, with alot of time on google and ebay and the help of a friendly guy named bill from monster cooling in Oregon ive managed to source one aswell as a fan / shroud combo made by champion radiators that will fit and is an upgrade from the one in there... with a bit of luck she will be back ticking along the road very soon