Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > General Discussion > New Members

New Members New members to the forum are welcomed here.

Site Search:

Old 03-30-2019

Default newbie's question gets him banned! from WOG!

I hope not but here goes..
(disclaimer, I only ask because I am not properly BUS educated)

Having to do it all again knowing that your spending a good portion of your retirement nest egg..(no financing cash)with what you know now, would you have bought a Prevost??

see this has probably been asked a million times here...thats.. how new I am..
Old 03-30-2019

I believe a lot of Bluebird owners have a closet lust for Prevost's. There are a few that have moved that way. Pound for Pound Bluebirds are arguably a much better value. You cant go wrong with either because of the quality build of both although Prevost buss's are dependant on the up-fitter and some are better than others. I personally love the polished sides of the Prevosts. But not enough to pay the price.
1997 WB43
1977 FC31 RB Sold

"The tallest guy with the shortest bus acquired a "BIG BUSTA"

<bustadesign@hotmail.com>
Old 03-30-2019

I would not trade my Lx for a provost. If you ever start to peel the layers back you soon see the difference in the builds.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 03-30-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailfins57 View Post
I believe a lot of Bluebird owners have a closet lust for Prevost's. There are a few that have moved that way. Pound for Pound Bluebirds are arguably a much better value. You cant go wrong with either because of the quality build of both although Prevost buss's are dependant on the up-fitter and some are better than others. I personally love the polished sides of the Prevosts. But not enough to pay the price.
I have noticed..(in my short time of research) that in my price range its mid 80's Prevost and mid 90's Bluebird...I may not be a smart man but I know what years do to a coach. Just wonder or is it "wander" if it matters? It seems previous owner and condition is king..but I can hear my dear ole dad from beyond saying.." million dollar coach million dollar problems... I think I just talked myself into a Winnebago. (I get why nobody likes the Newb's and this post is a prime example!)
Old 03-30-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear View Post
I have noticed..(in my short time of research) that in my price range its mid 80's Prevost and mid 90's Bluebird...I may not be a smart man but I know what years do to a coach. Just wonder or is it "wander" if it matters? It seems previous owner and condition is king..but I can hear my dear ole dad from beyond saying.." million dollar coach million dollar problems... I think I just talked myself into a Winnebago. (I get why nobody likes the Newb's and this post is a prime example!)
Bear:

It seems that you may have thin skin. You asked a question, people answered that question in a civil manner without any indication that no one dislikes Newbs. I fail to follow the reason for your last sentence. Did you not get the answer you wanted?

Amateur Radio - KG7V
Old 03-30-2019

I will assume we are talking about late model prevosts around 2000. Prevost engine and transmission are the same as Wanderlodges of the same period, WBs, LXIs. Series 60, Allison transmission. Some Pervosts were rivetted then they went to glue, or two sided tape. They had issues with delamination. Most are 45 feet, very few 40 foot in that time period. There are a few, but most 40 foot Prevosts are 8vs. The 45 foot have a long wheel base, big turn radius, they are a highway coach. They have a great ride, not so easy to manouver or park. They are beautiful.
So, If I could find a 40 foot Prevost, with the series 60, in a 40 foot that was the same price as a Wanderlodge I would buy that, BUT I think you will find they are 1.7 to 2.0 x the price of a Wanderlodge with the same drive train.
Also, not to be discounted, the Wanderlodge group, I think, tend to be more DIY types, they are ready to help, and there is WOG, for support. I have met great folks, stayed at their houses, travelled with them, received and given help, attended rallies that I can afford. I am almost certain I could not say those things if I had bought a Prevost.
96wb42
Mid Door
Old 03-30-2019

Love or hate the WOGGER's most everybody are straight-shooters and say it straight up without the sugar. Refreshing in my working business world I guess some of us can come off as 'ole grumudgins' ... Crusty but adorable No worries we were all newbies once, I still am. Ask away.
1997 WB43
1977 FC31 RB Sold

"The tallest guy with the shortest bus acquired a "BIG BUSTA"

<bustadesign@hotmail.com>
Old 03-30-2019

Some WOG members have moved to Prevosts as they can afford it. Or they figure they just want a Prevost. Many of them still attend WOG rallies. They were my friends before they bought a Prevost, were welcome at at wanderlodge rallies, and still are. I am not sure Wanderlodges are welcome at Prevost rallies. Another coach that is worth a look, in my opinion is a Newell. I have attended a newellgurus rally in my Wanderlodge. I was welcomed.
If you like Prevosts buy a Prevost. You will still be welcome at a Wanderlodfe get together. But you will pay more for a Prevost, and really I think the only thing you get is shiny stainless. I believe the Wanderlodges are more robust. But the prevost is a grest looking rig.
96wb42
Mid Door
Old 03-30-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvjeanm380 View Post
Bear:

It seems that you may have thin skin. You asked a question, people answered that question in a civil manner without any indication that no one dislikes Newbs. I fail to follow the reason for your last sentence. Did you not get the answer you wanted?
its a simple observation to a newbie reading the comments about "tire kickers" "want to be's" and more on this forum...and yes I got the answer I wanted...for sure.

thin skin...32 years in broadcasting says different.
Old 03-30-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanmarycamilleri View Post
I will assume we are talking about late model prevosts around 2000. Prevost engine and transmission are the same as Wanderlodges of the same period, WBs, LXIs. Series 60, Allison transmission. Some Pervosts were rivetted then they went to glue, or two sided tape. They had issues with delamination. Most are 45 feet, very few 40 foot in that time period. There are a few, but most 40 foot Prevosts are 8vs. The 45 foot have a long wheel base, big turn radius, they are a highway coach. They have a great ride, not so easy to manouver or park. They are beautiful.
So, If I could find a 40 foot Prevost, with the series 60, in a 40 foot that was the same price as a Wanderlodge I would buy that, BUT I think you will find they are 1.7 to 2.0 x the price of a Wanderlodge with the same drive train.
Also, not to be discounted, the Wanderlodge group, I think, tend to be more DIY types, they are ready to help, and there is WOG, for support. I have met great folks, stayed at their houses, travelled with them, received and given help, attended rallies that I can afford. I am almost certain I could not say those things if I had bought a Prevost.
very good, great info, thanks so much..I am looking a lot at the community as a big part of the equation.