Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > 'Bird Projects & Modifications

'Bird Projects & Modifications Share with us that latest project or modification that you have done to your 'Bird right here.

Site Search:

Old 11-11-2011

Default Computer tower install

Hy folks,
We are bought our first bird, and I will be running our mobile vinyl decal business out of it. I am looking for someplace safe to place a DEll standard size computer tower in the bus, this is the trick!
We are going to be full timers, and will have our two children with us ages, 3 and 6, I would like to put a second flat screen in the bus to use as a computer monitor and a TV.
I need to place the tower someplace a wireless mouse, and keyboard will still work, But I have to run a cable to the flat screen, and i also need to run cables to a printer and our vinyl machine, the vinyl machine will fit nicely on our dinette.
Now i would like to also run cables for a monitor and the vinyl plotter outside to the curbside of the vehicle so we can cut vinyl while at a campground at the picnic table.
I would like to strap the tower in place and not have to remove it once she is in.
We have plans of removing one of the two front sofas and putting in a bunk bed for the kids.
The shocker is I have not seen the inside of our bus, or the inside of any Wanderlodge except for pictures.
I need to get this all wired up as soon as possible, so I am trying to get a heads up so i can start planning ahead of time and jump on it pretty quick.
Thanks so much for your help!
Jason

We have a 1983 with a side bath and full bed in the rear, with the desk on the curbside.
Old 11-11-2011

Jason,

While no two installations are going to be exactly alike, this is what I did in my last coach. It worked well with a wireless keyboard/mouse combo.

Space along side of drivers seat before modification:

Base removed:

Computer in place, note extra cooling fan:

Covered when not in use:

Touchscreen for driver (GPS, etc.) and Flatscreen TV for monitor:

I chose that location for ease of running wires to the dash and for access to under the sofa for cables and accessories.

Good luck, that should be a fun project. I was able to do mine without any extra holes that would show if a future owner removed it and put the carpeted base back in place.
Old 11-11-2011

I'd mount it to the desk on one of the CPU holders mounted to the underneath or side of the desk. You could pass the cables out the bedroom window easily enough. Don't forget a gromett to pass the cables through to the topside of the desk.

Click here, look at CPU Holders or Grommets. (They also have wallmounts for flatscreens, too.)

http://www.wwhardware.com/products/o...tainment.html/

Doug
Ex-PT36