Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > RV Lifestyle > Insurance, Vehicle & Towing, Taxes, and Lifestyle Costs

Insurance, Vehicle & Towing, Taxes, and Lifestyle Costs Owning a Blue Bird isn't cheap. Questions or suggestions on how to handle these costs are discussed in this forum.

Site Search:

Old 12-23-2014

Default Blue Sky Roadside Assistance

Trying to line up insurance and roadside coverage and Blue Sky offered roadside coverage for $52 and at about 1/3 of Coachnet there has to a difference in what's provided.
Any insight on this would be appreciated. I'm planning on trying to close the deal on a Bird next Monday and want to have roadside service in place for the ride home.
Thanks

Bob Sumners
1993 WB
1983 PT35 Sold
Old 12-23-2014

I have both. I've only been towed recently. I called Blue Sky, the lady asked me if I wanted to start a claim, I told her the phrase "start a claim" and "Insurance" didn't go together well. I told her "no thank you". I do believe the correct procedure is to submit a request for reimbursement and does not show the same as a claim on your insurance.

Anyway, I used Coach-Net and was completely satisfied.

I would have at least one for coverage though.
Old 12-23-2014
1983 FC 35 "Casa Billisa"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmp View Post
I have both. I've only been towed recently. I called Blue Sky, the lady asked me if I wanted to start a claim, I told her the phrase "start a claim" and "Insurance" didn't go together well. I told her "no thank you". I do believe the correct procedure is to submit a request for reimbursement and does not show the same as a claim on your insurance.

Anyway, I used Coach-Net and was completely satisfied.

I would have at least one for coverage though.
Amazing how many of us have been conditioned to avoid using coverages we have been paying on for years for fear we will somehow be penalized if we do use it. Some racket that is!
St. Petersburg, Florida
Wanderlodge Social: https://mewe.com/profile/5bfc750ae760be22b1797898
Old 12-23-2014

Thanks Bill & Jerry, I hate to start anything close to an insurance debate so I'll just end it with. There is just something about the name that gives me the about the same warm and fuzzy feeling I get from the Smoke Up Your --- Ins Co. But that's just me and I'll likely go with them on just ins and coachnet for roadside.
Thanks

Bob Sumners
1993 WB
1983 PT35 Sold
Old 12-24-2014
1995 WB 42’ Series 60

I think all insurance is about the bottom line, some more than others. Strange fact about all insurance, far more spent on advertising, overhead etc than actually claims paid out. They will all spend two dollars to save paying one.

I have Blue Sky and my first experience in dealing with their reps was not good. I will not get into all the non sense I had to go through with them. And with a 20% hike this year, the gap between them and legitimate insurance companies my be closing. The only reason I am with them is because it is a thousand., now 850 cheaper than state farm.

I would certainly not consider BlueSky for road service. Good Sam and Coach net has proven to provide good service. I just renewed my Coach net, and got a early discount, $100 for year instead of $110.
Please use e mail instead of Private Message
Mallie@EuLake.com
Old 12-24-2014

The basic rate for coach net is 89. I guess that must be an introductory rate?

Bob Sumners
1993 WB
1983 PT35 Sold
Old 12-24-2014

Our experience with Blue Sky & CoachNet both couldn't have been better (2 different incidents).
www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=168
Old 12-24-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptPegLeg View Post
The basic rate for coach net is 89. I guess that must be an introductory rate?
Nope, actually if you go with the $89 plan the next year is $10 less. Coach net has a new plan, they call "gold" that is not on the website as yet. They tried to sell me it when I renewed recently. A few more bells and whistles, but I did not see a need for it. That must of been the plan Mallie went for. It is $110 first year, $100 per year after that.

Brian Stephens
'97 PT43
Old 12-24-2014

MoreyZ, is that roadside with Blue Sky? I guess that's my greatest concern. With roadside for $52 something must be different. I'm pretty much conditioned to paying retail +20% or so and when I see something for less than the competition my ears perk up.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Roadside Assistance.pdf (226.1 KB, 95 views)

Bob Sumners
1993 WB
1983 PT35 Sold
Old 12-24-2014

After sifting through the policies my current company has the best deal within a few dollars and the guy lives in the neighborhood. That doesn't mean anything I just threw that out there. Anyone who has ever had a claim with an insurance co. knows they have two different schools for training. One school is taught to smile like a mule eating briars and the other school deals with claims.
Thanks for your responses.

Bob Sumners
1993 WB
1983 PT35 Sold