Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Craigs List, Ebay, Coaches and other Finds

Craigs List, Ebay, Coaches and other Finds Other Coaches or anything else you have found for sale that others here might want to know about.

Site Search:

Old 02-10-2016

Default 87 PT in Denver Craigslist

Looks nice but hmmm $45k?

https://denver.craigslist.org/rvs/5439167908.html
Old 02-10-2016

Nice looking from the pictures. Almost no information.

I like it but I should. Same colors as mine. Same year. Different interior colors and 4 ft longer with the 8 rather then a 6.

Price is high but could be justified if it's 100% which none are. I'd think more like $35 and it would have to be in very good condition to support that. Still a lot of bus for the money if it's right.

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold
Old 02-10-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblerboy64 View Post
Nice looking from the pictures. Almost no information.

I like it but I should. Same colors as mine. Same year. Different interior colors and 4 ft longer with the 8 rather then a 6.

Price is high but could be justified if it's 100% which none are. I'd think more like $35 and it would have to be in very good condition to support that. Still a lot of bus for the money if it's right.
John,

I don't know you, but I have come to respect your honest and unbiased opinions about Bluebirds that are listed for sale. I am a long time admirer and wannabe of these wonderful machines. I remember when the Bella Mia was for sale in South Carolina; I wanted it, but I didn't have the funds at the time to pull the trigger. A wife and young kids will do it. What I respect is; even though you are a proud owner, you not are trying to make the Bluebird market more than it will support. I'm not looking to be attacked, but IMHO, some Bluebird owners are asking unrealistic prices for their RV's. Evident by some of the long time listings on the various sites. Not in every case, but if us wannabes offer what we think is a fair market price, we get accused of being low ballers, tire kickers, "this isn't a fire sale", "I don't need to sell it" comments or worse. My dad always told me that ANY item for sale, is only worth what the buyer is willing to pay. If you don't like the offer, you can politely decline without acting like you were insulted. That's just my take on the whole buying and selling process.

Kent & Pearl Glover
1985 FC-35RB "Wild and Wanderful"
Tampa, Fl
(813) 454-6347
Email: juballer22@gmail.com
Old 02-10-2016
Timberlake Products Group

Hey, who knows? Remember this 1983 FC sold on Ebay a few weeks back for an amazing $40,000.00? The YouTube link below shows em driving it home. And all I can say is, Good for them! Maybe, just maybe prices are going up

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1983-Bluebir...m=161936550750

https://youtu.be/U8EDowTa9fI

Ryan and Michelle Saari
Timberlake Products Group, Inc.
1985 PT36
1983 FC35RB Left me for Atlanta!
Clearwater, Florida
https://www.timberlakeproductsgroup.com/
https://www.ebay.com/str/timberlakeproductsgroup
Old 02-10-2016
1983 FC 35 "Casa Billisa"

This Bird looks familiar. Ryan (Major Mod) and I may have inspected this coach In April 2014. Seller had it garaged east of Bradenton, FL. It was in pretty nice shape at the time but there was an unknown issue with the generator and it did not start. We did not drive it. Think he was asking $39K. Also seem to recall the seller called it 39' too.

NH Bill
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3316.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	40733   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3314.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	40734   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3308.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	40735  
St. Petersburg, Florida
Wanderlodge Social: https://mewe.com/profile/5bfc750ae760be22b1797898
Old 02-10-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokitty View Post
Hey, who knows? Remember this 1983 FC sold a few weeks back for an amazing $40,000.00? The YouTube link below shows em driving it home. And all I can say is, Good for them! Maybe, just maybe prices are going up

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1983-Bluebir...m=161936550750

https://youtu.be/U8EDowTa9fI
Ryan,

I hear you, and good for that guy as well. There are always exceptions to every rule. Different factors will always apply. My daughter only wanted a "SILVER" used Ford focus. Many other colors were readily available and cost a lot less. But she paid more because it was only one available and that's what she wanted. I guess the same can apply to Bluebirds. If a person has to have a particular year, model or style, they just may have to fork over a little more to get it.

Kent & Pearl Glover
Tampa, Fl
(813) 454-6347
Old 02-10-2016

As we all know there are exceptions to every rule. We also know that the buyer for the most part has the upper hand. I know what the mid eighties are worth but I also know what they sell for. Sounds like this coach has been on the market for a minimum of two years. No point in saying more. Look if I was in the market and this coach was perfect $45 wouldn't be a problem . We've seen some nice ones offered over the last month or two most of them are still forsale.

When the taxes get paid and the weather breaks and if the diesel prices stay low I'll speculate that we see some buses changing hands.

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold
Old 02-10-2016

Problem is, many uneducated types confuse our 'Birds with Windybagos, Fleetwoods, Coachmen, they have little in common other than being rolling homes.
I've had A's since 1987, driven many in my work, the other stuff can't be compared.
A guy on one of the SOB sights was moaning about his 2016 35' gasser scaring him in cross winds. I believe most Bird folk don't have such concern's, and I'm sure others can relate reasons why a nice 87 PT is probably a deal @ 45 grand. It's been said before, for the price of a new pickup...........
Germantown, WI/Myrtle ID
www.AutoTransDesign.com

http://s767.photobucket.com/user/mhohnstein/library/
Old 02-10-2016
1983 FC 35 "Casa Billisa"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblerboy64 View Post
... Sounds like this coach has been on the market for a minimum of two years. No point in saying more. ...
John, I don't know about this. The current seller may not be the same seller that showed it to us in 2014. I'm thinking it sold in 2014 and this is a different seller.

NH Bill
St. Petersburg, Florida
Wanderlodge Social: https://mewe.com/profile/5bfc750ae760be22b1797898
Old 02-10-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hohnstein View Post
Problem is, many uneducated types confuse our 'Birds with Windybagos, Fleetwoods, Coachmen, they have little in common other than being rolling homes.
I've had A's since 1987, driven many in my work, the other stuff can't be compared.
A guy on one of the SOB sights was moaning about his 2016 35' gasser scaring him in cross winds. I believe most Bird folk don't have such concern's, and I'm sure others can relate reasons why a nice 87 PT is probably a deal @ 45 grand. It's been said before, for the price of a new pickup...........
John,
You make some good points, the other stuff can't compare, but unfortunately the majority of newcomers have never heard of a Bluebird. They are not exactly uneducated, they just don't make Bluebirds anymore. When the new RV seekers visit a RV lot, all they see is the new gadgets and the slide outs. Bluebirds are nowhere in sight to compare. I agree that most of the other brands are poorly designed and constructed, but that's the RV market today. When the uneducated as you say, the wife and kids, see those new slide outs, more times than not, the older non slides are history. I'm one of those rare RV seekers who love the older a non slide Bluebirds. Most of the buyers for older bluebirds are previous bluebird owners, who change from FC to PT, to WB to slide outs and back, and that pool is getting smaller every year. Even though I would still buy one, it is becoming very difficult to find mechanics for 2 stroke diesels. People who are not mechanically inclined, run away from the older bluebirds. Its not necessarily the buying price of the Bluebird, its what comes after. That is why people are trying to buy as low as possible. I call that being smart.

Kent & Pearl Glover
Tampa, Fl
(813) 454-6347