Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Good, Bad, and Ugly > Vendors

Vendors Share feedback of your experiences, good or bad, with different vendors you have dealt with.

Site Search:

Old 02-17-2016

Default Dupree supplied Xenon Headlight Replacement

I should start out by saying I was grossly mistreated, lied to, and hood winked by Stephen Birtles when I bought Xenon headlights for my 2000 LXi. And I hope others will take note and avoid dealing with him after hearing my story.

I have been improving my coach ever since I bought it back in 2009. Night time driving was especially terrifying since the original Hella halogen low beam headlights did a poor job of lighting up the road. I was planning a trip with the coach for summer 2014 and wanted to change out the Halogens for brighter Xenon lights. I had found and talked to the US Hella rep and found out I could replace the original Halogen lights but that might only provide 10-15% more lumens. I was also informed "Hella sells newer, brighter, Xenon Low beam headlights, that project further out and provide about 50% more light, but they are not a direct replacement; they are physically smaller ( 90mm in diameter ) and take a smaller mounting layout". I subsequently saw a post on the WOG site that someone had bought a Xenon kit from Dupree products, installed the Xenon lights on their coach, and were satisfied with the improved lighting results. In April 2014, I called Stephen Birtles inquiring about the Xenon "kit" and asked about the price and what was included in the kit. I figured that if he was a fellow Blue Bird owner and worked with WOG community he should be a good guy to deal with. Since I lacked prior knowledge and had not removed the black plastic bumper fascia pieces to reveal the lights, after learning that the Xenon Lights would not mount directly to the Bluebird structure, I especially drilled him( Stephen ) about the mounting plates he offered with his kit. He said "the kits come with the lights, mounting plate assemblies, and all necessary hardware". He seemed to be annoyed with my questions, why I didn't know. He went on to say he didn't have a firm price because he'd have to secure current cost on the Xenon Lights. I waited a week and still no response. Several calls and weeks later without hearing from him, I was getting perturbed. Finally, he called to say the two light kits would cost $800 plus shipping. This seemed like a lot of money, especially since I had already secured a second quote for the lights alone, but I figured his pricing included the mounting brackets/plates, and that such pricing differential was to cover the mounting bracket fabrication. As I was getting anxious to receive the kits with enough time to have them installed before leaving on our June trip, I placed the order with Stephen over the phone, and asked to have all the kits sent asap. He said he had to order the lights, get them in house, and combine them with the other parts. In order to save time I asked him to have the lights drop shipped from his supplier to my house concurrent with sending the other parts directly to me as well. But he got huffy again and objected to this approach. Despite the time loss waiting for his shipping approach, our trip was fast approaching and I decided to continue with the purchase since I still wanted to replace the lights. Upon my next call to Stephen 3 weeks later I discovered he had just received the lights, so I arranged for expedited shipment to our first stop in Phoenix. I also called around in the Phoenix area to secure an RV service shop that had available Tech time and capability to install the lights for me. When the package arrived I discovered there were only two Hella Xenon lights in the box but no mounting brackets, hardware or installation instructions. I called Stephen back several times until I could talk to him directly. Naturally I asked him where were the mounting brackets we discussed, to which he said he shipped them. After much discussion I realized that he was being slimy, acting dumb and referring to the standard Hella mounting base. I knew now he had been lying to me all along because I had distinctly covered this issue with him during our first conversations. I would have sent the lights back to him then but he said he would not accept them without incurring a 25% restocking fee and I'd have to also pay for the shipping cost as well.

So here was the situation; I had now overspent $857 for two Xenon Lights, and would lose about $230 to return them, and would be no better off for the experience. Stephen had truly hood winked me, but who could I appeal to; he had already collected my payment weeks ago. I was in that corner many of us have been in before; being taken advantage of by an unscrupulous and greedy vendor.

I called the RV shop ( in PHX) I had previously arranged for installation and discussed the situation to see if they also had some fabrication capability in order to properly mount the lights. Luckily they agreed to help, and their hourly labor rate wasn't as bad as it would have been back in California. I worked with the techs at the shop. After removing the black plastic bumper fascia pieces we noticed the headlights were mounted to fabricated brackets that were then fastened to the forward fiberglass cap. But we also came to recognized the Xenon Light assemblies weren't just smaller diameter than the standard Halogen lights, the outer protective lens was shallower. This would require mounting the light assemblies approximately 1" further forward so the lenses of both the new low beam Xenon light protruded out from the plastic bumper surround as the standard Halogen high beam lights. I found a solution by turning the Bluebird fabricated light mount bracket backwards. Well there were other modifications we had to make, and I had to remove, modify, and remount the headlight aiming adjustment screws. We also noticed the standard electrical connector which fit the Halogen lights did not fit the Xenon lights. This also required creative connection fitment. But once we had the lights mounted and connected, it was time to see the magic. Though the new lights did light up, they powered up slowly. We didn't know what to make of it since neither of us had experience replacing Halogen with Xenon lights. We then proceeded to aim the lights using a large piece of cardboard placed 25 feet in front of the coach. With this done we turned the lights off, replaced the black plastic bumper fascia and cleaned up. The mounting and installation labor cost another $488. It might have only cost about $180-$200 if Stephen had supplied the fabricated mounting brackets we had discussed as part of the "kits".

The next morning my wife and I were happy to be on our way, trying to forget this sour experience, so we could enjoy our three(3) month long trip. As most of us will admit, we seldom travel at night, preferring instead to arrive at our next campground by 5-6 pm and unwind at the end of the day. And so it was with us. It wasn't until 2 1/2 months later, on our return leg of our trip we had stopped to see an old friend in Portland OR, and enjoyed our time with them so much, we left Portland at 7 pm, heading west towards Tillamook along the Pacific Ocean. We had never taken this route before, so we didn't know we'd be passing along a twisty mountain pass road filled with deep and large potholes.
But I figured "hey now I get to try out those shiny bright Xenon headlights I paid so much for". As we progressed further away from Portland the road got narrower, with only one lane in each direction. As the sun started to set and darkness fell upon us I was at first disappointed that the new lights were not as bright as I had expected. Then I realized they aren't even on, despite the fact my dash was lit up and my headlight switch was turned on. I switched to high beams and could see the road ahead but when I switched to low beams the road was dark again. OMG , the low beam lights were not working!! But why and how? These were new... and they worked for about 20 minutes while we were adjusting them back in the shop? The problem now was: it was dark, I was in country I had never been before, I couldn't stop along the side of the road because there was no room to the right of our lane, a line of cars were following me, I couldn't drive all the way to our campground which we had paid for, but I also could not turn around on the narrow winding road, and I'm sure all mechanics are about to get in bed for the evening. I prayed for a solution to our dilemma. And then it appeared in the form of a small gas station that was still lit up. I also discovered roadway space along my lane in which I could safely pull into. I exited the coach, opened the driver's side electrical panel door to inspect for a blown fuse associated with the headlights, and found it. I didn't have any such automotive fuses in my tool chest ( I do now after this experience ), so I ran over to the gas station just as the attendant was turning off the lights. She was kind enough to sell me a small box of mixed amperage fuses. Upon returning back to the Bird I replaced the fuse, returned to my drivers seat, and flipped the light switch on. The lights lit up for a couple seconds and then I could hear a pop in the fuse compartment to my left side. I knew the new 30 amp fuse had just blown and there must be some serious short circuit between new the lights and other circuitry. I estimated we were about 30 miles, or an hour's drive, from our destination, it was now 8:30 pm, and all we had to do to end this terrorization was get to our campground. We called the campground host and explained the situation. She was empathetic and accommodating. She said the gate would stay open all night and told us how to navigate to our campsite. I proceeded over the pass using our fog lamps most of the time and our high beams when cars were not approaching. It was scary driving along that twisty, pot-holed road, with only our own lights, but we eventually made it to our campsite for the evening. You can only imagine that I rewarded myself with a few cocktails after shutting off the engine.

We had another 8-9 days of driving and sightseeing to arrive home from this trip, and I would never drive into the night the rest of the way, so I waited until getting home to have my electrical tech solve the riddle. I had conversed with my Tech ( Bill Parks ) extensively and he said he had only converted one other coach's low beam Halogen lights to Xenon lights but was comfortable enough to take on this challenge for me. What he discovered was one of the new Xenon lights had burnt out, but that wasn't the real cause of the problem. Unlike the halogen lights, the new Xenon lights required a special ballast between the light switch and the light(s). I called the Hella rep back in Georgia to confirm this... which he did. He was surprised by my question and asked why I hadn't installed the ballasts. After some additional discussion I discovered that I also needed a special cord that connected the ballast to the back of each light. This now made sense, but I wondered why he hadn't explained this before or why Stephen hadn't explained this. As for latter, I have just recognized not only is he a liar and a cheat, he's also an idiot. So I ordered ( directly from Hella at retail pricing ) 2 ballasts, 2 cords, and the additional Xenon light, to replace the one that burnt out This cost me another $525 for the parts ( with shipping ). My tech also noticed the lights would not work properly unless we disconnected the Bird's Daytime Running Light Module. In short, the additional labor to fix the problem cost me another $500.

By now this venture had cost me ( $857 + $488 + $525 + $500 =) $2370!! This has been a lot of pain for very little gain. But it isn't the end of the story. On the last leg of last years ( 4 1/2 mo. ) trip, one of the Xenon lights took on a stone strike. After discussion with the Hella rep in Georgia I was informed I could not simply replace the outer lens; "I had to buy an entire new light assembly". I was disappointed that it cost another $370 for one unit, but at least that was less per unit cost ( half of $857 = $427.50) than I had spent with Stephen Birtles, so I figured I was ahead of the game this time. And since I already had everything else figured out this time around I could simply replace the light myself, and save me from other labor costs. The light assembly arrived a week later!! That was also faster than my 7 week ordering & shipping time frame with Stephen Birtles!!! But the big surprise came when opening the box to find a a new light, a new matching ballast, a new matching connection cord (between the ballast and the light), and 3 new adjusting screw assemblies; all this for $370!! A subsequent call to Hella revealed all those parts comprise a normal order for a Xenon headlight assembly. The only difference is that the lights now cost $350 each, instead of $275 they use to cost 1 1/2 years ago. In summation... that is what I should have received the first time from Stephen Birtles!! I now know that Stephen received the two lights assemblies and extracted the two ballasts, the adjusting screws, and sent me only the lights!! I assume he has since sold the ballasts to someone else at a substantial profit.

So guess what friends, I can't recommend replacing your Halogen headlights with Xenon lights, it's simply not cost effective. But worse than that, I was promised "Xenon Kits"; not just the lights, but a set of integrated parts and instructions, that would permit easy replacement of the Xenon units for the Halogen low beam lights. As said above I spent a total of $2370 for the Xenon lights. I spent a total of ( $857 + $325( adjusted ) =) $1182 for just the two light assemblies, excluding the ballasts, cords, and hardware when ordering from Stephen Birtles. I could have spent ( 2x ($275 ) + $30 shipping =) $580 for the same two light assemblies, including the ballasts and hardware if I had ordered the parts directly from Hella, at normal retail pricing. I'd say this experience wasn't just about price gouging it was subterfuge and deceit of the worst kind. I don't know about you folks, but I will never deal with Stephen again, especially when we can deal with Glen Rogers at McDonalds or Dan at Parliament, who have always been honest and pricing policies are fair.

Old 02-17-2016

[QUOTE=crewsro;330144]I should start out by saying I was grossly mistreated, lied to, and hood winked by Stephen Birtles when I bought Xenon headlights for my 2000 LXi. And I hope others will take note and avoid dealing with him after hearing my story.

I have been improving my coach ever since I bought it back in 2009. Night time driving was especially terrifying since the original Hella halogen low beam headlights did a poor job of lighting up the road. I was planning a trip with the coach for summer 2014 and wanted to change out the Halogens for brighter Xenon lights. I had found and talked to the US Hella rep and found out I could replace the original Halogen lights but that might only provide 10-15% more lumens. I was also informed "Hella sells newer, brighter, Xenon Low beam headlights, that project further out and provide about 50% more light, but they are not a direct replacement; they are physically smaller ( 90mm in diameter ) and take a smaller mounting layout". I subsequently saw a post on the WOG site that someone had bought a Xenon kit from Dupree products, installed the Xenon lights on their coach, and were satisfied with the improved lighting results. In April 2014, I called Stephen Birtles inquiring about the Xenon "kit" and asked about the price and what was included in the kit. I figured that if he was a fellow Blue Bird owner and worked with WOG community he should be a good guy to deal with. Since I lacked prior knowledge and had not removed the black plastic bumper fascia pieces to reveal the lights, after learning that the Xenon Lights would not mount directly to the Bluebird structure, I especially drilled him( Stephen ) about the mounting plates he offered with his kit. He said "the kits come with the lights, mounting plate assemblies, and all necessary hardware". He seemed to be annoyed with my questions, why I didn't know. He went on to say he didn't have a firm price because he'd have to secure current cost on the Xenon Lights. I waited a week and still no response. Several calls and weeks later without hearing from him, I was getting perturbed. Finally, he called to say the two light kits would cost $800 plus shipping. This seemed like a lot of money, especially since I had already secured a second quote for the lights alone, but I figured his pricing included the mounting brackets/plates, and that such pricing differential was to cover the mounting bracket fabrication. As I was getting anxious to receive the kits with enough time to have them installed before leaving on our June trip, I placed the order with Stephen over the phone, and asked to have all the kits sent asap. He said he had to order the lights, get them in house, and combine them with the other parts. In order to save time I asked him to have the lights drop shipped from his supplier to my house concurrent with sending the other parts directly to me as well. But he got huffy again and objected to this approach. Despite the time loss waiting for his shipping approach, our trip was fast approaching and I decided to continue with the purchase since I still wanted to replace the lights. Upon my next call to Stephen 3 weeks later I discovered he had just received the lights, so I arranged for expedited shipment to our first stop in Phoenix. I also called around in the Phoenix area to secure an RV service shop that had available Tech time and capability to install the lights for me. When the package arrived I discovered there were only two Hella Xenon lights in the box but no mounting brackets, hardware or installation instructions. I called Stephen back several times until I could talk to him directly. Naturally I asked him where were the mounting brackets we discussed, to which he said he shipped them. After much discussion I realized that he was being slimy, acting dumb and referring to the standard Hella mounting base. I knew now he had been lying to me all along because I had distinctly covered this issue with him during our first conversations. I would have sent the lights back to him then but he said he would not accept them without incurring a 25% restocking fee and I'd have to also pay for the shipping cost as well.

So here was the situation; I had now overspent $857 for two Xenon Lights, and would lose about $230 to return them, and would be no better off for the experience. Stephen had truly hood winked me, but who could I appeal to; he had already collected my payment weeks ago. I was in that corner many of us have been in before; being taken advantage of by an unscrupulous and greedy vendor.

I called the RV shop ( in PHX) I had previously arranged for installation and discussed the situation to see if they also had some fabrication capability in order to properly mount the lights. Luckily they agreed to help, and their hourly labor rate wasn't as bad as it would have been back in California. I worked with the techs at the shop. After removing the black plastic bumper fascia pieces we noticed the headlights were mounted to fabricated brackets that were then fastened to the forward fiberglass cap. But we also came to recognized the Xenon Light assemblies weren't just smaller diameter than the standard Halogen lights, the outer protective lens was shallower. This would require mounting the light assemblies approximately 1" further forward so the lenses of both the new low beam Xenon light protruded out from the plastic bumper surround as the standard Halogen high beam lights. I found a solution by turning the Bluebird fabricated light mount bracket backwards. Well there were other modifications we had to make, and I had to remove, modify, and remount the headlight aiming adjustment screws. We also noticed the standard electrical connector which fit the Halogen lights did not fit the Xenon lights. This also required creative connection fitment. But once we had the lights mounted and connected, it was time to see the magic. Though the new lights did light up, they powered up slowly. We didn't know what to make of it since neither of us had experience replacing Halogen with Xenon lights. We then proceeded to aim the lights using a large piece of cardboard placed 25 feet in front of the coach. With this done we turned the lights off, replaced the black plastic bumper fascia and cleaned up. The mounting and installation labor cost another $488. It might have only cost about $180-$200 if Stephen had supplied the fabricated mounting brackets we had discussed as part of the "kits".

The next morning my wife and I were happy to be on our way, trying to forget this sour experience, so we could enjoy our three(3) month long trip. As most of us will admit, we seldom travel at night, preferring instead to arrive at our next campground by 5-6 pm and unwind at the end of the day. And so it was with us. It wasn't until 2 1/2 months later, on our return leg of our trip we had stopped to see an old friend in Portland OR, and enjoyed our time with them so much, we left Portland at 7 pm, heading west towards Tillamook along the Pacific Ocean. We had never taken this route before, so we didn't know we'd be passing along a twisty mountain pass road filled with deep and large potholes.
But I figured "hey now I get to try out those shiny bright Xenon headlights I paid so much for". As we progressed further away from Portland the road got narrower, with only one lane in each direction. As the sun started to set and darkness fell upon us I was at first disappointed that the new lights were not as bright as I had expected. Then I realized they aren't even on, despite the fact my dash was lit up and my headlight switch was turned on. I switched to high beams and could see the road ahead but when I switched to low beams the road was dark again. OMG , the low beam lights were not working!! But why and how? These were new... and they worked for about 20 minutes while we were adjusting them back in the shop? The problem now was: it was dark, I was in country I had never been before, I couldn't stop along the side of the road because there was no room to the right of our lane, a line of cars were following me, I couldn't drive all the way to our campground which we had paid for, but I also could not turn around on the narrow winding road, and I'm sure all mechanics are about to get in bed for the evening. I prayed for a solution to our dilemma. And then it appeared in the form of a small gas station that was still lit up. I also discovered roadway space along my lane in which I could safely pull into. I exited the coach, opened the driver's side electrical panel door to inspect for a blown fuse associated with the headlights, and found it. I didn't have any such automotive fuses in my tool chest ( I do now after this experience ), so I ran over to the gas station just as the attendant was turning off the lights. She was kind enough to sell me a small box of mixed amperage fuses. Upon returning back to the Bird I replaced the fuse, returned to my drivers seat, and flipped the light switch on. The lights lit up for a couple seconds and then I could hear a pop in the fuse compartment to my left side. I knew the new 30 amp fuse had just blown and there must be some serious short circuit between new the lights and other circuitry. I estimated we were about 30 miles, or an hour's drive, from our destination, it was now 8:30 pm, and all we had to do to end this terrorization was get to our campground. We called the campground host and explained the situation. She was empathetic and accommodating. She said the gate would stay open all night and told us how to navigate to our campsite. I proceeded over the pass using our fog lamps most of the time and our high beams when cars were not approaching. It was scary driving along that twisty, pot-holed road, with only our own lights, but we eventually made it to our campsite for the evening. You can only imagine that I rewarded myself with a few cocktails after shutting off the engine.

We had another 8-9 days of driving and sightseeing to arrive home from this trip, and I would never drive into the night the rest of the way, so I waited until getting home to have my electrical tech solve the riddle. I had conversed with my Tech ( Bill Parks ) extensively and he said he had only converted one other coach's low beam Halogen lights to Xenon lights but was comfortable enough to take on this challenge for me. What he discovered was one of the new Xenon lights had burnt out, but that wasn't the real cause of the problem. Unlike the halogen lights, the new Xenon lights required a special ballast between the light switch and the light(s). I called the Hella rep back in Georgia to confirm this... which he did. He was surprised by my question and asked why I hadn't installed the ballasts. After some additional discussion I discovered that I also needed a special cord that connected the ballast to the back of each light. This now made sense, but I wondered why he hadn't explained this before or why Stephen hadn't explained this. As for latter, I have just recognized not only is he a liar and a cheat, he's also an idiot. So I ordered ( directly from Hella at retail pricing ) 2 ballasts, 2 cords, and the additional Xenon light, to replace the one that burnt out This cost me another $525 for the parts ( with shipping ). My tech also noticed the lights would not work properly unless we disconnected the Bird's Daytime Running Light Module. In short, the additional labor to fix the problem cost me another $500.

By now this venture had cost me ( $857 + $488 + $525 + $500 =) $2370!! This has been a lot of pain for very little gain. But it isn't the end of the story. On the last leg of last years ( 4 1/2 mo. ) trip, one of the Xenon lights took on a stone strike. After discussion with the Hella rep in Georgia I was informed I could not simply replace the outer lens; "I had to buy an entire new light assembly". I was disappointed that it cost another $370 for one unit, but at least that was less per unit cost ( half of $857 = $427.50) than I had spent with Stephen Birtles, so I figured I was ahead of the game this time. And since I already had everything else figured out this time around I could simply replace the light myself, and save me from other labor costs. The light assembly arrived a week later!! That was also faster than my 7 week ordering & shipping time frame with Stephen Birtles!!! But the big surprise came when opening the box to find a a new light, a new matching ballast, a new matching connection cord (between the ballast and the light), and 3 new adjusting screw assemblies; all this for $370!! A subsequent call to Hella revealed all those parts comprise a normal order for a Xenon headlight assembly. The only difference is that the lights now cost $350 each, instead of $275 they use to cost 1 1/2 years ago. In summation... that is what I should have received the first time from Stephen Birtles!! I now know that Stephen received the two lights assemblies and extracted the two ballasts, the adjusting screws, and sent me only the lights!! I assume he has since sold the ballasts to someone else at a substantial profit.

So guess what friends, I can't recommend replacing your Halogen headlights with Xenon lights, it's simply not cost effective. But worse than that, I was promised "Xenon Kits"; not just the lights, but a set of integrated parts and instructions, that would permit easy replacement of the Xenon units for the Halogen low beam lights. As said above I spent a total of $2370 for the Xenon lights. I spent a total of ( $857 + $325( adjusted ) =) $1182 for just the two light assemblies, excluding the ballasts, cords, and hardware when ordering from Stephen Birtles. I could have spent ( 2x ($275 ) + $30 shipping =) $580 for the same two light assemblies, including the ballasts and hardware if I had ordered the parts directly from Hella, at normal retail pricing. I'd say this experience wasn't just about price gouging it was subterfuge and deceit of the worst kind. I don't know about you folks, but I will never deal with Stephen again, especially when we can deal with Glen Rogers at McDonalds or Dan at Parliament, who have always been honest and pricing policies are fair.[/QUOTEu

Wow that's a rough deal for sure. Just a reminder that Randy Dupree has nothing to do with Dupree Products.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 02-18-2016

Wow
"Smooth Ride"
Full Timing with 2 cats
Old 02-18-2016

I just bought replacement marker lights from Stephen, smooth transaction
Cape Cod,ma
Old 02-18-2016

I've made numerous purchases from Stephen both via phone and email and never had an issue. Even had to return an item and received a full refund immediately.
I also understand that Xenon lighting always requires ballasts to operate.
Body #F92929
brhodes51@yahoo.com
Old 02-18-2016

I have had good and not so good experiences with Stephen. For the most part good. The not so good was over part of the dash board for my coach. Sent pictures and Stephen said he had it but in his warehouse. Said he would get it and send next time he went to the warehouse. Months went by. I finally sent a message asking how far away the warehouse was. Bought one on ebay.
I have however saved tons on the Michelin Advantage Program that Stephen was instrumental in getting set up for us. Thanks Stephen.
As far as all of the above. I think its a now a private matter and has been up on the board long enough.
Schamp
1990 PT-40 Blue Thunder
Old 02-19-2016
Black Sheep Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by schamp View Post
I think its a now a private matter and has been up on the board long enough. Schamp
I would disagree with that. Certainly Stephen should post his side if he desires. But, if this were Joe Smoe Bus Parts in Nowheresville, the posts would probably stay up so all could read them if they wanted a similar part.

TOM
Old 02-20-2016

I agree with Tom. We report on dealings with all sorts of commercial enterprises. Stephen's company is no different.
I have had good and bad experiences dealing with Stephen as well. It alarms me that a meember on WOG dealt with Stephem, mainly because Stephen also is a WOG member and apparently was not treated well.

I think Stephen should present his side of the story if he thinks it would clarify the situation.
96wb42
Mid Door
Old 02-20-2016
Timberlake Products Group

I hope we aren't reviving oyer and terminer of say... 1692?

Ryan and Michelle Saari
Timberlake Products Group, Inc.
1985 PT36
1983 FC35RB Left me for Atlanta!
Clearwater, Florida
https://www.timberlakeproductsgroup.com/
https://www.ebay.com/str/timberlakeproductsgroup

Last edited by Turbokitty; 02-20-2016 at 06:11 AM.
Old 02-21-2016

Hi folks. My post about the Xenon Low Beam Lights seems to been recently yanked off the message board. This seems to have hit a nerve with some people. I would not, and have never before, posted negative comments about other suppliers/ vendors. But I did so because this is suppose to be an "informational and sharing" forum. If it involved any other vendor /supplier, WOG members would probably not feel offended, and maybe feel grateful. And I am sure if this happened to any other WOG member, they should similarly report their findings so no-one else in WOG is led astray about parts that were suppose to be included "in a kit". Ask yourselves-- do you want to be mistreated by any vendor/supplier, or do you think they should act above board( honestly) and rectify the situation. There is also "no other side to this story". Just as a side note, when discussed with Stephen before, I never did get fairly compensated for the lack of parts in the "Headlight Kits". I can only say that Stephen called yesterday and left a message on my phone using the "F U" words. I am sure he is angry-- but he can only be angry at himself.