Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:

Old 06-25-2017
Beemer Tourer

Default Wonders of modern science

Reading the thread on a filler neck leak and the suggested adhesive to solve the problem reminded me of a recent discovery of my own.
When I did my house over, starting about 1994, I used screws to attach all of the drywall (sheetrock) to the studs. Lots of time, effort and material, not including the need to mud each and every screw hole, sand, mud again etc. etc. etc. Giving the neighbour a hand with his 2 car garage addition recently and the drywall contractor showed up with screws and glue. Turns out the standard now is adhesive for any interior wall or any walls that do not have a vapour barrier. Huge savings in time and material. Almost tempted to start again seeing as how it is so much simpler and easier now. Not!
Old 06-26-2017

Glenn, can you post a link to the "filler neck leak" thread? I can't seem to find it and I have a leak there. I would be very interested in something that will patch it and hold.
1996 Geo Tracker "Hummingbird" a.k.a. Hummer
Old 06-26-2017
Beemer Tourer

I think this might work-link

http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...ad.php?t=28863
Old 06-27-2017

Thanks, Glenn. Actually, I feel a little stupid. I saw that thread, but when I saw your post, I thought FUEL filler neck. I have a slow leak that drips if I fill up all the way. I plan on replacing that hose, but it is far down the list.
1996 Geo Tracker "Hummingbird" a.k.a. Hummer