Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Transmission

Transmission Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's transmission.

Site Search:

Old 08-09-2009
dctrcarter

Default Transmission will not go into gear

rich here PT40. Having trouble with my tranny going in grear. I believe it is electric because it goes in gear an than it doesn't. The code on the check tranny is 6-6 an then repeats that code. Looked for a ground on my pin connection, again some time it works an other time I have shut down the engine then shut off the 12v switch an it resets something an it goes in gear. Any help on this will be welcome. This is a 1989 WB40PT Silver Edition
Old 08-09-2009

According to my code sheet 6-6 is 'transmission - engine communication link (TECL)"
You dont mention which trans you have... Thats for the HT-700 series.
Might check the plugs on the trans computer?

HTH, Joe

'93 WB40, Alligator - FOR SALE!
Sedona, AZ
Fun-Fun-Fun Till they take the BlueBird Away!
Old 08-09-2009

Check the TPS (throttle position sensor) linkage adjustment; or the speed sensor may be sending a false signal.
SOLD 89 FC in 2012; SOLD 88 WB in 2016
Rolla, MO 65401
Old 08-09-2009

Default Code 66 (speed sensor)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dctrcarter View Post
rich here PT40. Having trouble with my tranny going in grear. I believe it is electric because it goes in gear an than it doesn't. The code on the check tranny is 6-6 an then repeats that code. Looked for a ground on my pin connection, again some time it works an other time I have shut down the engine then shut off the 12v switch an it resets something an it goes in gear. Any help on this will be welcome. This is a 1989 WB40PT Silver Edition

Rich: The Allison fault codes are contained in the link below.

http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...ead.php?t=3017

Please ignore my earlier post referencing the TPS...the code bible says code 66 indicates a speed sensor fault.
SOLD 89 FC in 2012; SOLD 88 WB in 2016
Rolla, MO 65401
Old 08-09-2009
Forum owner

hey Doc,please post a signature so we know who you are and what your driving!
Rob R just had the same thing on his coach,he took apart every connection going to the trans and cleaned them all,use electrical cleaner spray,then repack with dielectric grease.
he found water in a connection under the coach.
Theres also the old grounds that need to be checked,I always add a new ground cable from the tranny to the battery.

Now,be very careful working under your coach,use jackstands or crib it up with wood blocks,don't get hurt under there!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 08-09-2009

Rich,
If you can get me a transmission serial number which should be on a tag on the transmission I can talk to the guys at Allison and see if I can't give you a hand. I work for W W Williams Detroit Diesel/ Allison distributorship as a territory sales rep for mid Michigan. I maybe can at least point you in the right direction. I agree with the comments above sounds like a wiring issue/ ground connection/ dirty connection
"STL CRZY"
Email: slckpurdy@aol.com
Old 08-10-2009
dctrcarter

Default tranmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by slckpurdy View Post
Rich,
If you can get me a transmission serial number which should be on a tag on the transmission I can talk to the guys at Allison and see if I can't give you a hand. I work for W W Williams Detroit Diesel/ Allison distributorship as a territory sales rep for mid Michigan. I maybe can at least point you in the right direction. I agree with the comments above sounds like a wiring issue/ ground connection/ dirty connection
I believe the # is HTB-743(23019921) Serial# 2510116452 I'm looking at maybe its the speed sensor cable, but it acts like its a ground problem. My problem is where too look
Old 08-10-2009
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dctrcarter View Post
Rich this is Rob and I recently fixed a similar problem with my tranny by taking various connections apart, cleaning and dielectric greasing them. If you find you need a new TECL or a new TPS then give me a call. The ones I ordered and didn't need might fit your needs. 1-250 590-8050
Old 08-10-2009
dctrcarter

Thanks for the info,
Old 08-12-2009
dctrcarter

Default Tranny wouldn't go in gear

Rich here WBWL40PT,Today the light was on the test tranmission, which is on my left side across from the push button shifter. The tranny engaged, the code still reading 6-6, I've clean the plugs underthe shifter,and at the tranny itself. Hearing that this cause be a sense tranmission cable or wiring. This tranny is HTB743 Allison 1989 so I believe is Electronic or cumputer operated. Still looking for all idea's.? Thanks Rich 1989PT40WBWL

Last edited by Dctrcarter; 08-12-2009 at 10:36 PM. Reason: to add something