Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues)

PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your PT or WB model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it....list your PT Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 02-05-2010

Default Racor Filter

We had one very minor glitch yesterday. Noticed the Racor guage was almost in the red. In 15,000 miles, it had never moved from 5hg. Within 2 more hours it had moved midway into the red. Stopped at NAPA and bought a filter, guage dropped back to 5. I had changed the filter that came on the bus after about 10,000 miles, it was clean as a whistle. This one was black and shiny after a little less than 5000 miles. Change in the reading went from 5 to 13 in about 5 hours of driving. Was this a bad tank of fuel, a long term problem or normal maintenance?
"The Aviary"
Old 02-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvahall View Post
We had one very minor glitch yesterday. Noticed the Racor guage was almost in the red. In 15,000 miles, it had never moved from 5hg. Within 2 more hours it had moved midway into the red. Stopped at NAPA and bought a filter, guage dropped back to 5. I had changed the filter that came on the bus after about 10,000 miles, it was clean as a whistle. This one was black and shiny after a little less than 5000 miles. Change in the reading went from 5 to 13 in about 5 hours of driving. Was this a bad tank of fuel, a long term problem or normal maintenance?
John, I would vote for a bad tank of fuel.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 02-05-2010

John, It isn't algae is it? Shane was through that a while back. Black and slimy I think was what he was dealing with?? Seems like that would be more of a summer time problem but I don't know. If it isn't one thing it's another it seems some times.

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold
Old 02-05-2010

Hi John,

I had a similar problem when I left for Q. Got to Tennessee and mine was in the red. Filter was black. Changed to a new one and it stayed less than 5 for the rest of the journey. It's still under 5 today- after almost 5K miles. I'd say it was a bad load of fuel too. Still, it's a good idea to treat the tank every time that you fuel up with some Bio-Bor or Killem anti-microbial additive. The stuff is very hazardous, so make sure that you wear gloves when adding it to the fuel stream. DO NOT dump it into a still tank- it will result in globs of gel that clog the filters even faster. You have to add it while you are fueling with a funnel in the filler neck of the tank. This disperses the agent into the fuel. You only need an ounce per 40 gallons of fuel.

"Savor the wine of youth, for it is a drink that can be consumed only once”
shanefedeli@gmail.com
717-645-4912
Old 02-05-2010

Thanks for the replies. I think I know what's going on. It happened when we got to Tennessee also. Must be Tennessee!
"The Aviary"