Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Buying a Wanderlodge, a Bluebird or any RV

Buying a Wanderlodge, a Bluebird or any RV Ready to take the plunge or looking to upgrade and you have questions? Folks are standing by ready to help.

Site Search:

Old 02-26-2008
TZS

Question BlueBird Financing, Insurance, Extended Service Contracts

I am brand new this forum and found it by chance and I am glad I did. Basically, I have three questions:
  1. What are good financing companies?
  2. What are good insurance companies?
  3. Is an Extended Service Contract recommended?

Thanks in advance.

Old 02-26-2008

Hello, and welcome!

I think your question dpends on the age of the coach in question, and the dollar amount.

Assuming you are searching for a vintage Bird, I would suggest...

Call your credit union for financing. You'll probably end up wit a better rate than a bank. It's also possible that banks won't even want to finance an older coach.

As for insurance, I have had a very good relationship with Progressive. They have excellent 24 hour customer service, good prices (in my opinion), and included roadside assistance.

While i have never had the opportunity to use their claims process (knock on wood), I did use their roadside assistance once. Totally painless process.

As for buying a warranty, I suppose that would depend on the cost of the coach, how much repair money you can budget, and how handy you are with repairs! Personally, I did not buy a warranty when I purchased my coach. So far, so good.
Linden, Michigan
Old 02-26-2008
TZS

Thanks Robert for the feedback. I will probably purchase at the end of 2009 or 2010; howvever, I want to get an idea of the particulars. I am fairly handy with mechanical tasks, but working on a large motorhome would be a challenge.