Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > LX and LXI (Unique Issues)

LX and LXI (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your LX or LXI model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE ISSUES INVOLVED WITH ANY LAWSUIT.....list your LX and LXI Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 12-04-2013
RV Appraiser

Default 03 LXI Delivery south of Rockport Texas

Once upon a time…..

Jay Christmas & I started this journey at 5AM on November 22, driving to Hershey PA to impose on everyone’s friend Shane Fedeli. After six hundred miles in a Jeep Cherokee in 12 hours, a great pizza dinner, good company and a good night’s sleep we departed the next morning for Salem New Hampshire. Saturday was another day’s drive up to Salem and I would not do this tell justice if I don’t mention us getting stuck in Lebanon, PA for the Thanksgiving Parade, 45 minutes of horse drawn carts, high school bands & fire trucks was just what we needed. Yeah right! We met the seller on Sunday morning at the bird. Gerald McDonough met us to assist in the look over, and about 4 hours later Jay, Gerald & I were off to dinner. The buyer was to do a funds transfer on Monday and that was a feat on a few patience, manly mine. I wanted to get home for Thanksgiving before the winter storm Boreas. We departed Salem at 3PM and drove to Clearfield, PA and hit Camp De Wal-Mart just as the snow started to drift over the road at 1:30AM on I-80. We chose to drive west to avoid the snow & ice storm after talking to Shane, my wife Fran & Jim Brookshire it was decided to head west to go over the top of the storm. We drove to Indy then down to Louisville and parked the coach in front of the house around 11PM Tuesday night. Thanksgiving with the family was nice & after a legal appointment on Saturday, Jay & I headed south towards Rockport, TX. Spending nights in the bird at Camp Wal-Mart in Union City, TN, and Texarkana, TX was an experience. I almost forgot we got a knock on the door in Union City, from a grandmother of 3 homeless kids wanting handouts, which we never saw because they were in a car parked way over there somewhere. Next we drove through Houston when I tried to hook up with Larry Kitchel another bird appraisal & inspection client who owns a beautiful 86PT36. Larry turned us on to a man who owns his own personal 14 site RV Park for his buddies & friends in Alvin Texas, you know guys like ZZ Top & the Rolling Stones. There in its self is another story. Our host hooked us up with a Texas Vehicle Safety Inspection for the bird so new owners would not have to drive it until they had their own tags. He hired me to do an appraisal on his prize 66 Corvette which was powered to the max; that man owned too many toys. Four Corvettes, 2 -55 Chevys, a 57 Chevy convertible and a 66 396 SS. Another good night’s sleep and a extremely large burger from the Burger Barn. Next morning we checked out few more systems prior to our final departure to the new owners. The trip south was pretty much painless until we started having 12V power failures, the rearview camera, CB and power port items had died. Jay found a 12V breaker tripped and we were off again, 5 hours later and about 40 miles before we were to meet our clients we had a total 12V power failure, none of the internal components would work, and our final stop was to be Aransas Pass, Texas. The buyers were very understanding, we were tired, hungry and I was stressed. So off to dinner and the hotel we went. Today another early start with familiarizing these folks the best I could on the 03 LXI, calling folks like Randy, Ron Rueckwald, George Morris, Gerald, John Wyatt and countless others for most part without dissecting the bird we were able to figure out the problem; the little 12V Master Switch. @$#$&*%#@$ & I think Carol Dupree is still laughing. Now if we can find the problem with a none deploying step which had worked great until the coach was delivered.

Now we get to drive like #3LL to beat this next winter storm but I think we will head to Randy's, LOL.
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_

Last edited by birds_first; 12-05-2013 at 09:06 AM.
Old 12-04-2013

Great story....pictures or it never happened.....welcome to the new owners!!
Old 12-05-2013
RV Appraiser

We will be hitting the road shortly toward home trying to get ahead of another winter storm & will post pictures when we have better net access.
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location

502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_
Old 12-05-2013
Forum owner

collard greens and smoked pork chops,its whats for dinner!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 12-05-2013
RV Appraiser

We are in Mobile tonight having to get home before the next winter storm hits our area. Who eats collards anyway?
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location

502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_
Old 12-05-2013
RV Appraiser

Here are a few photos of the delivered and the Vette I will appraise..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1140387.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	25954   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1140381.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	25955   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1140355.jpg
Views:	170