Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Frequently Asked Questions > User Related Issues

User Related Issues Information to help with maintaining your user account, profile, avatars, and browsing options.

Site Search:

Old 12-17-2008
Senior

Default caution Internet explorer has been breached!

Caution there is a severe problem with internet explorer and I would highly recommend that all forum members immediately switch to another browser. I switched to Fire Fox tonight.

http://www.crn.com/security/212500766

This virus can find passwords on your computer and the hacker can use them to get into anything the passwords are for. For instance your bank account if you now do business with your bank via your computer. This is a serious problem that Microsoft had not been able to repair yet. Its that serious.
6V92
Old 12-17-2008
Burnin Up in Az. :-)

Should be covered by the new patch "Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool" KB890830. These happen all the time and MS is quick to make patches available. Not sure how responsive Firefox would be in the same situation? Just another 2 cents...
eMail=Mike.Putz@cox.net | Web=http://mikeputz.com/
Solar = https://www.solarpenny.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=257

FMCA #236459, Good Sam #17270530, Vintage Birds #1509
Old 12-17-2008

There's a fix out for it. It's KB960714. It will come up if you just check for updates.

don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- poor products with poor support
Old 12-17-2008
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxdwg View Post
There's a fix out for it. It's KB960714. It will come up if you just check for updates.
Thanks John glad to hear there is a fix. I alternate between Firefox and IE just for this reason. There are several browsers out there that you folks can use. They take a miniscule of disk space. Get yourself a couple and use them when another is threatened.
Old 12-17-2008
Senior

There is indeed a fix as of this afternoon. But unless you download it and activate it now you will not be protected. However there is still a potential problem with internet explorer. These hackers have continuously hacked internet explorer this year and as fast as Microsoft has come out with a patch they have compromised it again. And it is taking Microsoft longer and longer to fix it. I am going to stay with another browser for a while until I see if this will happen again shortly. There is just to much at stake if you use your computer for any kind of financial transactions like I do every day.
6V92