Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Engine

Engine Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's engine.

Site Search:

Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamssam View Post
That's great info, thanks Jeff. I got the pump out yesterday, Friday was too ****** of a day to deal with anything except to see if I had bolt extraction issues. I took the impeller cover off the old pump before removing it off the engine and "felt the lash by hand". when the lash is set, it really does not have much movement, I thought it would be a little looser then that. But it wasn't completely tight and did have movement. I proceeded to getting it out after that. I then removed the plumbing from the old one and then decided to replace all of that also. That took up a lot of time to install the plumbing on the new one to mimic the configuration of the old one. Installing the new one today. I talked to an older gentleman who was very familiar with these V92's and he said to just use a pry bar to pull the pump to the drivers side of engine, pretty much as far as you can with bolts somewhat loose to set the lash and it will be fine. Your way sounds way more accurate obviously, and I think I may be able to sleep better doing it your way. Thanks again.
Yes the lash is pretty tight. The gentleman you talked to is pretty much right, you have to pull on that pump pretty good with a prybar to get the lash that tight. It is a good idea to check, I just have a cheapo dial indicator from harbor freight that works well. I am planning on upgrading the dial indicator at some point but it has worked well, I also used it to set all the injectors and check that the valves and injectors where in the proper position when doing all the adjustments and the engine is running great now.

Jeff LoGiudice
1984LodgeJeff@gmail.com
Temple Terrace, Florida
1984 Bluebird PT40
#F063411 6V92TA & MT654CR
& 1986 MCI 102A3
6V92TA & HT740

http://www.bbirdmaps.com/index.cfm #460
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984Lodge View Post
Yes the lash is pretty tight. The gentleman you talked to is pretty much right, you have to pull on that pump pretty good with a prybar to get the lash that tight. It is a good idea to check, I just have a cheapo dial indicator from harbor freight that works well. I am planning on upgrading the dial indicator at some point but it has worked well, I also used it to set all the injectors and check that the valves and injectors where in the proper position when doing all the adjustments and the engine is running great now.

Hey Jeff,
Can you send me a private message with your phone number?
Valparaiso, Indiana
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamssam View Post
Hey Jeff,
Can you send me a private message with your phone number?
Sent you my number.

Jeff LoGiudice
1984LodgeJeff@gmail.com
Temple Terrace, Florida
1984 Bluebird PT40
#F063411 6V92TA & MT654CR
& 1986 MCI 102A3
6V92TA & HT740

http://www.bbirdmaps.com/index.cfm #460