Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M380 (Unique Issues)

M380 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M380 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M380 Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 10-02-2018

Todd-
Did u get the HH boiler running?
Old 10-02-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW SD View Post
Todd-
Did u get the HH boiler running?
Yes, although I'm still not quite done. The problem with the pump running was as described earlier - with diesel and electric off, and the hot water switch removed and wired permanently on, the pump runs continuously. The fix was replacing the HW switch and turning it off. Eventually, I'll install one inside the coach.

The wire to control the engine preheat has not been found inside the coach, yet. I may put both the preheat switch and the hot water switch under the sink with the diesel master control panel.

I may also add a master off switch and a service switch, and mark them carefully. It depends on how much drain the HH pulls when on, but not in use, and I haven't measured that yet.

Finally, the heat exchanger under the bed in zone 2 never ran. I fixed that ... now zone 1 AND zone 2 don't work. The reason is the settings of DIP switches in the A/C and I have to get on the roof to fix that. It's raining now.

My dealer didn't set the front A/C DIP switches correctly. He turned on the furnace DIP switch, but not the heat pump in the front. I believe he turned on the heat pump DIP dwitch on the rear A/C, but not furnace, but I haven't opened it up.

The manual isn't clear, so I wasn't sure if it was OK to turn on two DIP switches for two different types of heat. Apparently it is. I turned on the heat pump switch and turned off the heater switch. That caused the HH in zone 1 to stop working, and the heat pump to start working (previously, the CCC2 did not recognize that the A/C had HP functionality).

So next time on the roof, I will open both A/Cs and set both to signal heat pump and heater/hydronic functions to the CCC2 thermostat. Then it should all work.

I'm close, but was waiting to finish up and confirm it all worked before responding here.
Old 10-02-2018

WOW - what a super pain in the bootie created by the friendly dealer. I find this all hard to believe that they'd create such a series of messes for you.

Sounds like you are rounding the curve!