Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M380 (Unique Issues)

M380 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M380 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M380 Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 11-22-2015

I think there are some threads here about installing a water heater in terms of brand, size and placement. Sounds like a job I need to do.

For those of you who have done this, is there anything, in retrospect, that you would do differently?
2019 Renegade Verona LE 40 LTS Super C
Old 11-22-2015

Ron:
The factory used the switches marked HydroHeat because that is what they had in stock. I had mine done during a visit to the factory and the tech explained the switch markings to me. It is much easier to put in on the dash than the slide. Any switch that will fit the dash will work.

Amateur Radio - KG7V
Old 11-22-2015
Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonC View Post
For those of you who have done this, is there anything, in retrospect, that you would do differently?
I would probably do it the same. So far the only worthless thing for me is that I put in valves that make it possible to use either the Hurricane or the electric heater, but I've never used the Hurricane for hot water since then. The Kuuma holds heat so well that even boondocking the occasional generator run is all that is necessary to have hot water all day, and since I don't have solar, regular generator runs are normal. Still, it preserves the original system if a future owner wants it that way.
Prior: 2004 M380 Double Slide
Prior: 1990 WB40 "Blue Thunder"
My location: www.bbirdmaps.com/user2.cfm?user=1
Old 11-22-2015

We live full time in our coach. The only time I ever turn the 2 switches off on the control board is when I am going to work on it. But then also have to turn off the 2 blanket heater in the 120 volt box in the bedroom, or if there is a fault code. The switch under the stove is the only other switch we turn on and off as we need heat or hot water. We also installed an electric water heater.
Missouri
Old 01-14-2018

My Hurricane is working fine producing both heat and hot water however, the thermostat in the dinning area suddenly will not turn on zone 2 for heating (it goes to off). Zone 1 works fine. (the zone three thermostat is working fine too). All the other settings on the thermostat for both zones work. Hot air is coming out of all the registers except the one under the bed and the one under the refrigerator. Questions: 1. I know how to reach the blower under the bed, but how do you reach the blower under the refrigerator, do you have to take out the refrigerator? Does the problem with zone 2 have to do with the Hurricane itself rather than a register/blower? Thanks
Email DennisTorresMalibu@gmail.com
Old 01-14-2018
Geek

Very unlikely that it is the blowers Both at once would be very odd. The problem is either in the Hurricane controller, or in the rear air conditioner - it is involved rather heavily in the control process.
Old 01-14-2018

Try this
Turn the ON/OFF switch to the "OFF" position. 2. Simultaneously depress and hold the MODE and ZONE push-buttons while turning the ON/OFF switch to "ON". FF should appear in LCD display until the mode and zone push-buttons are released.
"Smooth Ride"
Full Timing with 2 cats
Old 01-14-2018

I think there is a fuse at each blower. The easy one to check would be under the bed. The only way I know to get to the one under the refrigerator is to pull the grill at the foot of the refrigerator. Carefully bending the 4 pieces holding the grill in place.
Missouri
Old 01-14-2018

The carpeted panel under the mirror in the dining area, has screws hidden in the carpet to remove carpeted panel. To get to the blower motor.
Missouri
Old 01-14-2018
Geek

Doc, he said the thermostat was skipping over the Furnace option on Zone 2. I don't that could be a blower.