Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Coaches For Sale by WOG Members

Coaches For Sale by WOG Members Coaches WOG members have for sale along with a short description. New rules for selling coaches May 1, 2019

Site Search:

Old 05-08-2018

Default 2004 m380 double slide for sale

We've decided to sell our coach for reasons of declining health. We're not using it much now and would like to see someone else have some fun with it. We've owned this smoke free coach since 2014 and have averaged 5,000 miles/year. We've installed a number of upgrades over the years:
-New Uline ice maker
-New Samsung LED TV's front and back with Bluray players and Winegard Directv satellite dish
- Garmin RV 760LMT GPS Navigation
- Cummins ISL400 engine was replaced by Cummins dealer August, 2016. Engine now has 6,100 miles on it and transferrable warranty expires at 96,000 mile or August, 2018.
- Dash mounted EGT and Scangauge meters for engine monitoring
- Samsung 17.5 cu ft residential refrigerator installed September, 2017
- New Alpine Bluetooth radio in dash
- New 11 gallon electric water heater installed January, 2018

Randy has pictures, much more information, and has promised to list it on BuyBuyBluebird soon!
1984 FC35 SB Wanderlodge II (sold)
Old 05-08-2018

We are sorry to hear you are selling your bird. I guess it will happen to all of us eventually. At some point it is just too much to keep these great birds on the road. Hope you and Maryann are doing better. Hope to maybe see you in Texas this winter.
Missouri
Old 06-04-2018

Default M380

Saw your coach listed with Randy (Very nice) and I was wondering why you installed a hot water heater? Doesn't the Hydronic heating system cover all of that with endless hot water?

I'm in the market for a bird but not sure I want the 380 or a 40LX.
Old 06-04-2018
Forum owner

There is not endless hot water with a hurricane,its small,and thats one of the tradeoffs.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 06-04-2018

I don't know if my hurricane is endless, but I do know that I have never ever run out of hot water. With 13 grandkids, we have tried a time or two, but have had all the hot water we need.

I have never seen a late model hurricane heater. Is the heat exchanger internal (smaller) in later model units? My 1999 has an external heater exchanger which is very large and would not fit inside the hurricane unit box itself.
Old 06-04-2018

Interesting..

All I have had are "Aqua Hot" units and they take care of heat and water. Basically endless hot water with them. They do offer two sizes and the difference I'm told is the smaller unit will not produce endless hot water if heat is required at the same time. Larger units can do both simultaneously.
Old 06-04-2018
Forum owner

Theres the aquahot and then theres the Hydrahot,which is smaller than the aquahot.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 06-05-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by tg9656 View Post
Saw your coach listed with Randy (Very nice) and I was wondering why you installed a hot water heater? Doesn't the Hydronic heating system cover all of that with endless hot water? I'm in the market for a bird but not sure I want the 380 or a 40LX.
Quite a few M380 owners have installed electric HW heaters, myself included. Several reasons to do so including gaining the ability to use CG shore cord electricity for HW instead of your $$ diesel. The Hurricane electric part is small and only designed to assist the diesel, not supplant it. If boondocking with a geny you’ll be charging batts at night anyway, so why not heat some water with unused geny electric too? A dedicated electric HW heater has the capacity to do that. For heating the coach in a CG, it has two excellent baseboard electric heaters and I also have a small box heater. A couple have put in small electric fireplaces too. Again, why not use their electricity? I have lots of solar, so sometimes use that to power the electric HW heater via my inverter when the batts are filled during the day (called a dump load). Water heated that way stays hot for hours. And lastly, the H has a heat exchanger but it’s internal and has a small capacity. With a larger electric HW heater, it’s included heat exchanger can be substituted so waste engine heat is used to heat a larger amount of potable water. With it and while traveling, you automatically have a full 6 or 11 gal hot tank. The Hurricane burner puts out allot of BTU’s, and although not “endless” I’ve never run out of HW when boondocking using the H. We do have an Oxygenics shower head because the DW likes the pressure it provides to get soap out of her hair. With allot less hair, I like it because it conserves water and power .

When we were looking, our final decision came down to the same two models you are considering. Then we went to a rally in our SOB and got to tour both models side-by-side. The DW when walking back to our coach said “I like that M380 and I think that’s the model we should get”. The rest is history. I HIGHLY recommend you go to a BB rally. Then on their Open House Day tour both models. That’ll make your decision easier and having the DW decide is always a good thing

Sad to see Eric & Maryann have to sell. They’re good people, as are all BB folks we’ve met these past 4 years. Eric has done allot of work on his coach and it would be a good one to get (new motor!).

Last edited by NoGas; 06-06-2018 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Added link to Oxy shower head
Old 06-06-2018

Thank you Van that was a lot of good information for a new kid.. LOL Actually had a nice talk with Randy yesterday and he mentioned a Rally as well. I didn't realize they had or offered an "Open House" as that would be priceless of course! I noticed they are having one in Hood River July 5-8 that might be one we can attend. Living in ID not much up this way. How do you get details about what days things will be happening as I'm coach-less at the time so only going to attend a day, perhaps two.
Old 06-06-2018

Default Some Newcomer Answers & Guidance

Not to hijack Eric’s thread - I’ve seen his coach and it’s beautiful in-person too!

Tom

Answers & guidance from someone who was in your shoes 5 years ago: 1) Go to the main/first page of WOG site and scroll down to RV Lifestyle; TONS of info there for you including First-Timers/Newcomers thread. 2) Find Rally info, in the next Takin it Easy section. As to Open House Day, bigger rally’s often have a formal one. However, I’ve never met a BBer who isn’t happy to show a newbie his/her coach on a “walk up” basis at a rally or otherwise. 3) Randy is the man and his assistance can be invaluable once you narrow down your wants/needs. 4) Learn to use the WOG search function. This forum has more information available at your fingertips than either of us can imagine. It’s ALL here, you just have to find it. 5) I posted this for another Newcommer back in April:
Welcome Xxxx. Great decision to concentrate on a BB. It’s an awesome coach regardless of which model you get. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve pulled into my CG site next to a brand new 1/2 million+ $$ coach and had its owner drooling over my “ancient” $100K rig wishing he’d bought a Wanderlodge! Some exciting times ahead for you. This Bird Hunting paper might be of interest, written years ago. Only thing I’d add is don’t wait because you’ll blink and years will have passed!
If you’re really serious, start your own thread in the Newcomers section introducing yourself and outlining your BB needs, wants and desires. You never know what will pop up. I post on the WOG as my pay-it-forward for all the information this group (and those who have gone before) has freely provided. Following in the footsteps of others is how we all learn.