Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > RV Lifestyle > Highway, Road and Weather Forecast and Radar Conditions

Highway, Road and Weather Forecast and Radar Conditions Sometimes as we travel throughout the country it may help to know what the current Highway, Road and Weather conditions are. Here is a good place to list current conditions and also good and bad roads that you have found in your travels You will also find here links to all of the USA road conditions and Weather Forecast and Radar condition web sites.

Site Search:

Old 08-30-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
The big questions is,where is Jim Cantore going?

He's in Palm Beach as it is currently targeting Jupiter, 25 miles south of us.
Body #F92929
brhodes51@yahoo.com
Old 08-30-2019
Timberlake Products Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
The big questions is,where is Jim Cantore going?
Bainbridge

Ryan and Michelle Saari
Timberlake Products Group, Inc.
1985 PT36
1983 FC35RB Left me for Atlanta!
Clearwater, Florida
https://www.timberlakeproductsgroup.com/
https://www.ebay.com/str/timberlakeproductsgroup
Old 08-30-2019
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokitty View Post
Bainbridge
Naa,we would take him to the county line and kick his butt out!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 08-30-2019

I volunteer for the Lee County emergency management office as a radio operator. (I know I said this before). So I invited myself to a situational meeting this AM. Its still way early. The cone covers both sides of the state and even a little out to the Gulf and the Atlantic. Their is a tiny chance it will miss land, but that is not what they are betting on. It supposed to hit Palm Beach or thereabout, but last thing the state told us was its 'trending' north.

As it looks right now, its coming in a CAT 4. Its small, but its going to rip up somebody on the east coast. The 'turn' is the big thing for us. If it turns like they think, early, it will turn and head north over Orlando as a CAT1. We won't get more then a tropical storm here. If it takes it time turning, it could turn right over us as a CAT1. If it is late turning, we could get 80/90 mph winds and 4-6 feet of rain. I am not boarding up as we have weathered lots of CAT1 storms in the past no problem. Watch it come across the Everglades and come up the west coast, I will eating my words. Big thing is, it wont be till Sunday that they will know what its really going to do. I took the coach out this AM and filled it. If I get called into the EOC, I am bringing it. This storm is slow too. Its going to start on the east coast Sunday and we won't feel the last of it till early Wednesday.

Last thing, I am in the EOC and I bring up tropic weather on my phone. A brand new storm just came off Africa. I showed my boss and he snorted. The state hasn't even noticed yet. They will probably have it in the next briefing tonight. That is Hurricane Ally and the next 3 or 4 weeks is the worse.
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835
Old 08-30-2019

Where is Jim Nichols aka "Cookie Boy" heading with all of the stuff?? Jupiter? I bet that Bird is weighed down to the gills with all of his emergency equipment. This might be right up his ally

Hospitality Coach

Best Regards,
Dan Leftwich
Somers NY
1987 35FC
"BaBar"
Old 08-30-2019

Thanks for the update Chris!
We started getting the bus ready to move tomorrow morning, to a safer location...away from tall sickly looking pine trees...and the batteries are DEAD! They have been on the charger ever since we parked it, like always. In fact the charger fan was running when I unplugged it from shore power. Fine time to realize we might need new batteries. :roll eyes:

And Chris, please keep the updates coming, as long as you can. I'll listen to what you have to say over the over sensationalized media.

Lee County, Florida

1983 FC35 3208T "Gen X Express"
1991 Toyota 4Runner TOAD or
1980 Camaro TOAD

danahcks@aol.com
Old 08-30-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorgrl View Post
Thanks for the update Chris!
We started getting the bus ready to move tomorrow morning, to a safer location...away from tall sickly looking pine trees...and the batteries are DEAD! They have been on the charger ever since we parked it, like always. In fact the charger fan was running when I unplugged it from shore power. Fine time to realize we might need new batteries. :roll eyes:

And Chris, please keep the updates coming, as long as you can. I'll listen to what you have to say over the over sensationalized media.
Thanks, Word I just got is only a few special needs shelters opening because some folks have electrical powered medical equipment their lives depend on. County is not going on full alert.

My boss at the EOC just backed up what the news is saying. At 5PM NOAA put out that Dorian is (doing what we were told this AM) coming in further north. SW FL is almost out of the cone. Tuesday will be the worse here with gusts to 50MPH. That nothing. Still keep your own eye on the news. By tomorrow night they should have it nailed down. East coast is in trouble. Still a small chance it might turn north while out to sea and ride up the coast.

I started my bus mid week. Today I go to start it and its dead too?? I just put 1500$ in it for a new alternator and start battries. I may have a hung solenoid because the switch on the dash that can tie the house to the start battries, the light wont go out. I should have shut off the batteries with the kill switches in the back (I did that today). Then I run home to get my big truck to jump it. I got to get a look at it when all this weather calms down.

Good news too, we should not get much rain at all. We are on the west side of the storm. That is the dry side.
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835
Old 08-30-2019

Awesome, thanks!
I am more worried about the wind gusts due to the pine trees. here's a picture of where my bus is sitting currently and the towering trees in front of it. if the winds hit us from the West, they will be coming thru these trees straight at our bus and house. Can't move the house but hopefully we can move the bus.
Click image for larger version

Name:	bus and trees.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	207.7 KB
ID:	63796
Click it to enlarge the image.

Lee County, Florida

1980 Camaro TOAD

danahcks@aol.com
Old 08-30-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorgrl View Post
Awesome, thanks!
I am more worried about the wind gusts due to the pine trees. here's a picture of where my bus is sitting currently and the towering trees in front of it. if the winds hit us from the West, they will be coming thru these trees straight at our bus and house. Can't move the house but hopefully we can move the bus.
Attachment 63796
Click it to enlarge the image.

I got a 200 amp starter charger (from the trucking days) that will start that thing right now if you want help. I can come over now if you like.
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835
Old 08-30-2019

Thanks, we got it started but now we can't get the drivers side to air up. We traced it down to a valve or something that was clicking, hammered on it, its stopped clicking but still hasn't aired up.

Lee County, Florida

1980 Camaro TOAD

danahcks@aol.com