Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > General Discussion > New Members

New Members New members to the forum are welcomed here.

Site Search:

Old 11-07-2019
Twiisted71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
not to be rude,but the best way to narrow down a search is to tell us how much money you want to spend.
If you only have 20 grand,it narrows the search quite a bit.
If you don't want to post that number in public,we understand.
My email is randy@randydupree.com
LOL, no I get it. The problem with that is just like when we buy a house, our budget varies with the object we're looking at. If its something that ticks all our boxes, has upgrades we want, all the wear items recently replaced, and in excellent condition we would snap up a $60K in a minute. If something extraordinary, we'd reach even deeper. By the same token, we aren't turned off by something needing some sweat equity (NO pink interiors though please!) I've only bought 2 new cars in my life and don't intend to ever do it again. All of our home/land purchases have been short sale, foreclosure, or distressed FSBOs that needed serious attention. I have a screwed up back and if not for that we'd have already bought a ScenicCruiser, VistaLiner, or Eagle project and built it out ourselves. We'd REALLY like a manual transmission but none of Bluebird's pushers came that way, did they? We're not RV snobs at all but by the same token have heard that RV parks have begun to turn away older rigs? So as much as we like the older art deco looking silver sides we figured we'd better stick with a more contemporary look. But if a nice ScenicCruiser came along......
I like the exterior look of the stainless Prevosts, but many of their interiors would put a Bourbon Street whorehouse to shame, not too mention sheer complexity designed into some of them. I'd much prefer to level my own rig than have to depend on a computer for that simple task.
Old 11-07-2019
Twiisted71

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiplamb View Post
4. Aquahot was fitted 1995-03, uses a Webasto diesel boiler
6. SP36 is basically an FC35 with a pusher configuration and a little more headroom. BMC is a BB body on a Spartan chassis with a Cummins ISC 8.3L
Thanks, Chip
4. Am slightly familiar with Webasto as they make awesome heaters for boats as well.
6. So the SP36 is still a low headroom design (FC35-like), or is it significantly taller?

On another note, I know its a strange thing to ask but does anyone have pictures of their PT40s or similar at ride height? I've looked for videos and pictures and all seem to be layed down in camping mode or videos driving shot from inside. Also any pics with airbags fully inflated for ground clearance?
Old 11-07-2019
Gardner

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiplamb View Post
1. SP36 is all mechanical CAT 3208/300 turbo intercooled with ZF Ecomat electronic 5 speed trans
2. All WBs are DDEC 1 or 2
3. PT vs WB - there's an 88 PT40 and an 88 WB40 XXV on eBay right now, you can compare in the photos.
4. Aquahot was fitted 1995-03, uses a Webasto diesel boiler (school bus heater) integral with electric heat coils and electronics in a proprietary system that managed it, big hot water tank et.c.
5. PT35/36/38 were 6V92, PT40 8V92
6. SP36 is basically an FC35 with a pusher configuration and a little more headroom. BMC is a BB body on a Spartan chassis with a Cummins ISC 8.3L.
7. Call Randy, he knows where good coaches are!
5. pt35/36 6v92 5 speed tranny

pt 38/40 6v92 with 5 speed tranny, or optional 8v92. with 4 speed tranny
78 FC 33 Happinest (Sold)
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Old 11-07-2019
Forum owner

Have you even been in a Scenic Cruiser?
If your over 5 feet tall you will not like it!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 11-07-2019
Twiisted71

Quote:
Have you even been in a Scenic Cruiser?
If your over 5 feet tall you will not like it!
Only briefly many moons ago but I thought the "upstairs" area had more headroom? I do recall the forward section being like an older school bus heightwise. Was it just rose colored glasses clouding my memory?
Old 11-07-2019
Forum owner

The upper level has a trough,the walk way down the middle between the seats is dropped down about 12'' or more,you step up to the seats,and you can't stand in the seat area.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 11-07-2019
Twiisted71

Quote:
The upper level has a trough,the walk way down the middle between the seats is dropped down about 12'' or more,you step up to the seats,and you can't stand in the seat area.
Hmmm that could make showering and getting around a centerline bed tough!
See, already helped cross a "what-if" off our list!
Old 11-07-2019
Twiisted71

Its funny, in college I had a 5'er I lived in my senoir year and it was called a WanderLodge (maybe WonderLodge?) and it was a 1971 model! Talk about no headroom! I essentially dove headfirst up into my bed most of the time! But it got me off campus and didn't have to share space with anyone unless I wanted them over!
Old 11-07-2019

SP’s are quite a bit taller than FC’s. I’m 6’2, my shower is tight but a1982 FC solves the problem with a shower floor that is lower than the coach floor. If you consider FC’s I will tell you the advice given to me by a senior Bird owner; turbo CAT, air ride, swing radiator, diesel generator decent paint, all service current. To that list I would add a rebuilt injection pump and a re-core radiator. The SP is a excellent coach, if I had transmission trouble I would consider updating to a Alison 3060. My FC has a mechanical transmission, not even the backup lights are wired to it. FCs can tow anything.
Cape Cod,ma
Old 11-07-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiisted71 View Post
Thanks, Chip
4. Am slightly familiar with Webasto as they make awesome heaters for boats as well.
6. So the SP36 is still a low headroom design (FC35-like), or is it significantly taller?

On another note, I know its a strange thing to ask but does anyone have pictures of their PT40s or similar at ride height? I've looked for videos and pictures and all seem to be layed down in camping mode or videos driving shot from inside. Also any pics with airbags fully inflated for ground clearance?
1986 PT40 aired up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ride height.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	213.7 KB
ID:	65058  
1986 PT40 8v92
"Sturdy Birdy"
http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=352
ce@pinelandplantation.com