Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M380 (Unique Issues)

M380 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M380 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M380 Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 12-21-2019

Don, does that 12v run off the start batteries or the house batteries and what happens when both sets of batteries are switched to the off position?

Additionally, if left outside for an extended period where rain could get into the coach if the seal is deflated how long will the 12v keep the seal inflated before the battery runs down? Thanks
Email DennisTorresMalibu@gmail.com
Old 12-21-2019

I also want to replace the narrow rubber seal (strip) on the outside of both slides open and closed that's under the painted metal trim; I call it a wiper seal not knowing the proper name. My guess is the metal strip is glued on the outside of the coach and has to be lifted, the new rubber strip place under it followed by gluing the metal trim back over the new rubber...do I have that right? Where can I get that new rubber wiper material? Thanks.
Email DennisTorresMalibu@gmail.com
Old 12-21-2019

Thanks Don, glad you’re hanging around to keep us straight . Hope all is well!

IMO - ALL M380 owners would be smart to put in an order on this seal deal. Mine are working fine so will keep the two I get at the ready. Like Lance says - they’re like insurance. If never used, am certain the next owner will appreciate having that unobtainium “policy” at the ready.

Steve - Learn to use the WOG Search function. ALL the answers to your questions are likely already here. For this, search “M380 slide seals” and start clicking/reading. Pay particular attention to efforts some have gone to reduce/eliminate air system leaks. I run my seals with just enough pressure to NOT see daylight around them when they are inflated (slide in or out) and theoretically they’ll last longer that way - that’s in the 15-20’ish PSI range. When off-grid I use my 12V air pump exclusively and it runs maybe a few times a day for < a minute. When the coach is in the Bird House, the air system is not inflated at all because the coach is under cover.

Sorry Dennis, can’t answer that due to my big solar “assist”. As seldom as it runs, I wouldn’t think it’d be a significant draw solely from the 12V air pump. As we all know, leaving the batts on long term when in storage, means the coach phantom loads will draw them down in a matter of days without some form of trickle charge. On a regular coach, if both coach and chassis battery systems are switched off nothing is powered so the 12V pump won’t run. In that case, the slide seal(s) will eventually deflate and that’d permit rain to enter through the slide opening gaps. Have never replaced a seal set, perhaps Doc can answer your question about any inherent wiper function of the existing and new replacement seals we’ll be getting.
Old 12-21-2019
Geek

The 12v pump will be the least of your worries in terms of battery depletion, unless you have a major leak.

Regarding the wiper: It is part of the seal! Docs diagram shows it disassembled, but I've added an assembled version, and he says it comes pre-assembled.

Prior: 2004 M380 Double Slide
Prior: 1990 WB40 "Blue Thunder"
My location: www.bbirdmaps.com/user2.cfm?user=1
Old 12-21-2019

Thank you. I don't believe either of the little compressors up front work. I guess that'll get moved up the list.
Old 12-21-2019
thumbqdm@gmail.com

Default I'm in for front and rear M380 slide seals.

Sorry I'm so late to the party. It's been a couple crazy weeks leading up to my retirement yesterday. I read the entire thread and saw what I needed, which is that this is the original supplier and made to the original specs, but possibly better compounds. When I last read the thread that wasn't yet posted. So I'll gladly join my fellow M380 owners for a front and rear seal.

I sent a separate email message to Doc with my required info. Thanks Doc for leading the charge and thanks Van for the text messages. Better late than never I hope.

Merry Christmas to all my my Bluebird buddies.
2006 Jeep Wrangler
Old 12-27-2019

Smile M380 seals

Hope every body had a wonderful Christmas. We certainly did. Our 18 year old granddaughter flew in to spend Christmas with us. Which is almost unheard of these days. Teen agers are always busy.

We are moving along well with the seal orders. I think we have come to the point, right after the first of the year, I will get in touch with everyone through email and phone calls as to where I will be for your checks to be sent.

Garry Hoover 1 front
Cliff Vaughn 1 front
Doug Wierenga 1 front
Reggie McBride 1 front
Jim Beeson 1 front
Lance Hall 1 front
Shawn Kravitksy 2 fronts
Chris Rogers 1 front and 1 rear
Paul Plantinga 1 front and 1 rear
Jerry Robinson 1 front and 1 rear
Robert Griesel 1 front and 1 rear
Dennis Torres 1 front and 1 rear
Charles Smith 1 front and 1 rear
Steve Florer 1 front and 1 rear
Andre Vincent 1 front and 1 rear
Dan Hunt 1 front and 1 rear
Steve Johnson 1 front and 1 rear
Mike Stewart 1 front and 1 rear
Jim McGinnis 1 front and 1 rear
W (Chip) Lamb 1 front and 1 rear
Van Bentley 1 front and 1 rear
G (Doc) Williams 1 front and 1 rear

LAST CALL !!! Better get on the list!
Everyone have a good New Year. Will be in touch/where to send checks/ Doc
Missouri
Old 12-27-2019

23 fronts and 15 rears, we should get a nice discount from the mfr thanks to your hard work, thanks Doc!! Get on Doc's list if you haven't, if you own an M380 now is the time!!
chip@collectorsco.com / 804-357-4926
2004 M380 101k/22xx hours
1987 FC35 TMU/42xx hours
Former: 90 SP36, 92 WB40, 85 FC35SB & others
Old 12-28-2019

I just happened to stumble across this and fortunately was added to the list. But I can’t help but wonder if there may be other M380 owners that may not be aware of this. And being such an important part of the slides, I wonder if it would be possible to email inform any other M380 owners in case they haven’t been on the forum recently? Is there a quick easy way for make an email list of M380 owners according to their WOG profiles?
Old 12-28-2019

I would be interested in a set. Let me know if it happens