Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:

Old 01-26-2020

https://www.mecum.com/lots/RC0215-20...y-convertible/

Need this to be legit.
Germantown, WI/Myrtle ID
www.AutoTransDesign.com

http://s767.photobucket.com/user/mhohnstein/library/
Old 01-26-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Troit View Post
That top center brake light was way ahead of it's time.
Post more pics.
She tells me it had a high speed blinker on the light. She wants a strobe in there now. We found the lenses thanks to one of the sites you guys posted. Before that she had a guy tell her to get a old a Harley lens at ten times the price.

We talking about converting to modern electric brakes maybe. I know I am off the purpose of this forum. I’m glad ( and I’m passing it all on to her) that you guys like it. I’ll post pics soon. Thanks for the links and help. I’ll be the one doing some of the work. She didn’t know about some of the parts houses you guys told me about.

I’ll try to stick to my coach. Getting ready for the prefab garage that’s coming tomorrow. Should be all up late Tuesday! Just wish I ordered the door a foot wider. It’s 14 H by 10 W. Going to have to pull the mirrors in and pull in arrow straight.
I ‘ll be getting a wider door soon. Too late to change it now. Move those mirrors to many times, I’m afraid the wires will brake.
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835
Old 01-26-2020

She needs to tote this silver twinkie over to the rally at USA Luxury Coach in Clearwater next month... we'll need a "show and tell" vehicle.

"Savor the wine of youth, for it is a drink that can be consumed only once”
shanefedeli@gmail.com
717-645-4912
Old 01-26-2020
Forum owner

Please stay and keep us in the loop on it,its an awesome project.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 01-26-2020

Sure Randy. Shane, I let her know. I don’t think so to be honest. She needs to do a bunch of work on it and I know they are working on overflow at that rally. I’m getting a huge laugh, thanks. She did say she like to go to one of our rallies. Just not yet. She will be a while getting it fit. She lost a clearance light pulling out of here the other night. Today the door handle ‘just came off’. I told her she bought a hobby like we did lol. Her boyfriend is head mechanic at Camping World so he might be really busy keeping her happy. She just texted me back, she is taking it on a trip to N Florida to look for some property in a few weeks. She is getting the brakes fixed, new tires, propane tanks, mattresses, instant hot water heater and is talking about a quite generator on the rear bumper. I told her we should make a compartment for it. It don’t need to be 5Kw. We will see it probably in the fall, beware lol.
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835
Old 01-26-2020

If she's not doing solar then one of those really quiet generators will run an A/C if you install a Micro-Air starter in it. I can see not wanting to do solar on there. It's too bad those flexible solar panels are so bad, it would be easy to conceal them on the roof. I looked at a Barth trailer when I was looking for a motorhome. Pretty neat stuff.
Old 01-26-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by badandy View Post
If she's not doing solar then one of those really quiet generators will run an A/C if you install a Micro-Air starter in it. I can see not wanting to do solar on there. It's too bad those flexible solar panels are so bad, it would be easy to conceal them on the roof. I looked at a Barth trailer when I was looking for a motorhome. Pretty neat stuff.
Since I said that (no solar) we talked some more. What she don’t want is holes in the roof. It’s solid and been that way for close to 60 years. So I had the idea of roof racks (sort of ). Aluminum pipe bent to fit the profile of the roof. Mounted to the sides of the trailer. Flat plates on the sides with rivnuts (maybe if I can find them in aluminum or brass etc). Then solar cells on them. She has room in the boot for LiPos and an inverter. This is going to be a long term thing. I got the idea and she wants me to do it lol. I told her in in March and she told me she will have he generator on by then and be gone. I’ll remind her of the Micro Air. She asked me about leaving it here and I told her probably. I was going to go that rout with Micro Air with mine, but I got the overhead to start them one at a time on my coach . I also have a bunch of work to do on my own coach before June. What have I done? I mean have kids lol. I told her about the response here so she asked me about joining the WOG so expect that. I know we have a few SOB owners so I got us a new one lol.
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835
Old 01-26-2020

We welcome all types here
kg4rrx@gmail.com 404-547-1951
Old 01-26-2020
Forum owner

Shes welcome to join,have her use me as a reference and we will speed up the entrance exam!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 01-26-2020

Actually, it wasn't a Spartan in the movie. It was a Redman. From Wikipedia:
The trailer used in the film is the 1953 36-foot Redman New Moon model, which sold for US$5,345 (equivalent to $51,077 in 2019). The new car used to tow the trailer is a 1953 Mercury Monterey convertible with a 125 HP flathead V8 engine.

Very Cool Indeed!!

“Flyin' Low”