Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:

Old 10-05-2011
davidmbrady

Default Steve Jobs

Here's to the crazy ones.
The misfits.
The rebels.
The troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.
The ones who see things differently.

They're not fond of rules.
And they have no respect for the status quo.

You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them,
disbelieve them, glorify them or vilify them.
About the only thing you can't do is ignore them.

Because they change things.
They invent. They imagine. They heal.
They explore. They create. They inspire.
They push the human race forward.

Maybe they have to be crazy.
How else can you stare at an empty canvas and see a work of art?
Or sit in silence and hear a song that's never been written?
Or gaze at a red planet and see a laboratory on wheels?

We make tools for these kinds of people.
Because while some see them as the crazy ones, we see genius.

And it's the people who are crazy enough to think they can
change the world who actually do.
Old 10-05-2011
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Steve Jobs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 10-05-2011
1983 FC 35 "Casa Billisa"

Thank you Steve Jobs. RIP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyGT2...eature=related

NH Bill
St. Petersburg, Florida
Wanderlodge Social: https://mewe.com/profile/5bfc750ae760be22b1797898

Last edited by NH Bill; 10-06-2011 at 02:58 AM. Reason: corrected link
Old 10-05-2011
Former Bird Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH Bill View Post
Thank you Steve Jobs. RIP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USn5t5nQWU8

NH Bill
Above link was a messed up video. Here's a link that has a video that works as expected:

I heard the news while driving home from a post office run ... and I found myself amazingly moved by a sense of grief and loss.

I've been using Apple products since October 1987 when I got my first Mac SE. I'd used an Apple II a few years earlier, but had spent most of my initial computer experience with various CP/M computers -- Osborne I, Osborne Vixen, then a variety of IBM-PCs and PC-Clones.

After owning a print shop with MS-DOS and Apple computers side-by-side, I soon learned that the Apple was far better in that environment than any of the DOS computers. By 1993, I'd completely converted my home operations to Apple computer(s) -- and I've owned more Apple computers over the years than I can even count (I'm in the graphic design and publishing business). (Indeed, I have 4 Macs operating in my home-office everyday -- and there's a couple old ones stored in the attic.)

I've only seen Steve Jobs in person as an attendee at the annual MacWorld conference in San Francisco (I've attended every one since January 1988) -- but, I never met him in person. But using the tools he provided and working with the interface he designed (with the help of his many engineers), I've had a sense of his artistic design philosophy and engineering excellence.

Today, I feel like I've lost a good friend. It is an odd feeling for someone I didn't know in person.

Pete Masterson
(former) 95 WBDA 42'
(now) 2011 Roadtrek RS-Adventerous
Ridgefield, WA
aeonix1@me.com
Old 10-05-2011
Sandwichs de Glace

DMB - VERY nice. Thanks for the post.

THANK YOU, Steve Jobs. You will be missed BIG TIME.

MnM
2008 Subaru Outback 2.5XT
Old 10-05-2011

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.”
George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman
Old 10-05-2011

Like others here, I heard this news and was impacted by the gravity of a great man passing. I also wondered if he had found a chance to stop an smell the roses. As a driven man, was he ever able to truly relax and enjoy the trappings of his success?

I really don't know much about Steve Job's personal life, but if he never got to wake up to the smell of campfires with mist rising off the river, if he never got to run laughing through the pouring rain while camping in a Walmart parking lot, or visited by the Armadillos at Ft Wilderness Campground, or watched the sun rise on the edge of the Maine coast while trying to keep warm from a steaming cup of coffee........I'm not sure I would trade lives.

Each of us here live better than Kings of a century ago. We have found our passion and are likely not slaves to the world order, but have made it our slave. I would like to think I would honor your lives as an equal, or perhaps surpassing, Mr. Jobs. While I admire his successes, Steve Job's life is a good reminder that we have precious little time to enjoy our success and no amount of money can help when your number comes up.

Corey Noble
Spring Hill, FL.
2000 43 LXI Millennium Edition
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”
Old 10-05-2011

Unhappy Nicely Said

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbeam express View Post
Like others here, I heard this news and was impacted by the gravity of a great man passing. I also wondered if he had found a chance to stop an smell the roses. As a driven man, was he ever able to truly relax and enjoy the trappings of his success?

I really don't know much about Steve Job's personal life, but if he never got to wake up to the smell of campfires with mist rising off the river, if he never got to run laughing through the pouring rain while camping in a Walmart parking lot, or visited by the Armadillos at Ft Wilderness Campground, or watched the sun rise on the edge of the Maine coast while trying to keep warm from a steaming cup of coffee........I'm not sure I would trade lives.

Each of us here live better than Kings of a century ago. We have found our passion and are likely not slaves to the world order, but have made it our slave. I would like to think I would honor your lives as an equal, or perhaps surpassing, Mr. Jobs. While I admire his successes, Steve Job's life is a good reminder that we have precious little time to enjoy our success and no amount of money can help when your number comes up.
Corey:
WOW, I LOVE how you said it. I am going to cut and paste your comments and keep them by my bed here in Iraq. That is why I love RV'ing and will be coming back to it when I return in a year. I miss those things, so very much. When I go to chow and hear a tree full of birds, chirping and playing, I remember what it is like camping by a lake and seeing deer in the morning mist while I enjoy the first cup of coffee of the day.
As for Mr. Jobs..thank you Sir for your vision and ability to "think out of the box". We are all richer for that. R.I.P. Sir.
(Typed from a MacBook)
Padre (Dennie)
Republic of Texas
Amateur Radio (KC4QNW) - General Class
"When you change yourself, others will change"
Old 10-06-2011
Consistently clueless

In 1967 I moved to Boulder Colorado to go to school. My brother and sister-in-law lived there and I roomed with them. The sister-in-law worked at a local bank as a punch card operator. The bank's computers filled a 1,400 SqFt glassed-in clean-room that could be accessed only by technicians wearing surgical garb.

Fast forward 10 years and I found myself entered in a raffle to be able to purchase one of the first five Apple II PC's to be sold to the public. I was the 5th name drawn and I gladly shelled out $1,600 for a box with 16K of memory and an I/O that only accepted cassette tapes. There was no such thing as mass storage other than those tapes. It came with a single program and I was expected to write any others I might need. I learned Basic and did exactly that.

Today as I reflect on the death of Steve Jobs and type this message on my Macbook with more processing speed and storage capacity than several thousand of those old Apple II's, all I can do is lift a glass and toast those unconventional kids that gave painful birth to the reality that is the modern world.

That was less than 40 years ago. Can you even imagine where the world will be 40 years from now?

1990 WB-40 Royal Conversion
GS 810327023 -- FMCA 421581 -- SKP 109591

"[I][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]We are confronted with insurmountable opportunities... [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/I]"
Walt Kelly, 08/25/1913 - 10/18/1973
Old 10-06-2011
1983 FC 35 "Casa Billisa"

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteaeonix View Post
Above link was a messed up video. Here's a link that has a video that works as expected:

I heard the news while driving home from a post office run ... and I found myself amazingly moved by a sense of grief and loss.

I've been using Apple products since October 1987 when I got my first Mac SE. I'd used an Apple II a few years earlier, but had spent most of my initial computer experience with various CP/M computers -- Osborne I, Osborne Vixen, then a variety of IBM-PCs and PC-Clones.

After owning a print shop with MS-DOS and Apple computers side-by-side, I soon learned that the Apple was far better in that environment than any of the DOS computers. By 1993, I'd completely converted my home operations to Apple computer(s) -- and I've owned more Apple computers over the years than I can even count (I'm in the graphic design and publishing business). (Indeed, I have 4 Macs operating in my home-office everyday -- and there's a couple old ones stored in the attic.)

I've only seen Steve Jobs in person as an attendee at the annual MacWorld conference in San Francisco (I've attended every one since January 1988) -- but, I never met him in person. But using the tools he provided and working with the interface he designed (with the help of his many engineers), I've had a sense of his artistic design philosophy and engineering excellence.

Today, I feel like I've lost a good friend. It is an odd feeling for someone I didn't know in person.
Thank you Pete
St. Petersburg, Florida
Wanderlodge Social: https://mewe.com/profile/5bfc750ae760be22b1797898