Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > General Discussion > New Members

New Members New members to the forum are welcomed here.

Site Search:

Old 09-04-2014

Default Flying to become a Bird Owner.

Hey folks, my name is Jon, my wife is Adri and we have 3 kids (Eden 7, Weston 5, and Cali 4). We have been full timing about 19 months and we have been all across America and all through Florida. We just dropped a deposit on our First WL and we are SO excited to upgrade to a 8 year older unit! LOL. I have already got some great advice on this forum and dodged a couple of bullets on bad birds.

I believe we got a great deal on our 83 FC33' it has been absolutely babied for the past 15 years (even garage kept) and had darn near everything rebuilt or replaced. Here is a walk through from the owners son: http://youtu.be/pKESiug1iHU

We are flying to NYC next Tue spending the night in the city and taking a train to CT to pick her up and bring her back to TN. When we get here we will be installing Solar and possibly a SVO system.

Here is our blog with a nice little video of our travels: www.thehypnoticfamily.com.

We look forward to making lots of new friends with fellow WL owners.
Old 09-04-2014

Welcome and Congratulations. I hope that you have many years of safe fun travels.
AA3RA
1986 PT40
Silver 6V92 DD (Breathing Wide Open)
Old 09-04-2014
Can't re-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonDee View Post
Hey folks, my name is Jon, my wife is Adri and we have 3 kids (Eden 7, Weston 5, and Cali 4). We have been full timing about 19 months and we have been all across America and all through Florida. We just dropped a deposit on our First WL and we are SO excited to upgrade to a 8 year older unit! LOL. I have already got some great advice on this forum and dodged a couple of bullets on bad birds.

I believe we got a great deal on our 83 FC33' it has been absolutely babied for the past 15 years (even garage kept) and had darn near everything rebuilt or replaced. Here is a walk through from the owners son: http://youtu.be/pKESiug1iHU

We are flying to NYC next Tue spending the night in the city and taking a train to CT to pick her up and bring her back to TN. When we get here we will be installing Solar and possibly a SVO system.

Here is our blog with a nice little video of our travels: www.thehypnoticfamily.com.

Come to the WOG rally in October and learn more than you can remember about your new bird.

John Stiles
1980 33FC
"My Navion". SOLD
Stockbridge, GA
Old 09-04-2014

Where can I find the rally info?
Old 09-04-2014

Hey Jon,

Welcome to the goup. If you need a place to stay in while near Baltimore I have a driveway you can use. I have power and water, but no sewer hookup yet.
281-546-2445
Old 09-04-2014

Jon,
Congradulations and nice buy on that FC. Not sure how much time you'll have but we're having a few Wanderlodge mini-rallies Sept. 10-Sept.19 or so. There will be about 12 to 15 birds there with a lot of FC expertise on hand. If there's any way you could stop in for a day or two I can guarntee it will help with your learning curve on the new coach, plus we always have fun and eat well! We're starting in New Paltz, NY and then moving to Croton Point, NY. Either one is not very far from New Haven, Ct. Also if the rallies don't work out your welcome to parking available at our shop or home. Free 30amp and water. Dump station near by. Conveniently located off of I-95 or I-84. Good Luck
Westchester Sandblast
Old 09-04-2014

Quote:

Congratulations on your new to you WL. Do yourself a really really big favor and research the SVO conversions. They cost a lot of $ and have very little if any return. Unless you own someplace to obtain the oil you will compete with commercial company's that are buying the oil to recycle. Please find several folks that are not trying to sell you a system, which takes up valuable storage space, and get their first hand experience after the "honey moon". Be sure you talk about pump problems, injector problems, waxing, spills, reaching storage tanks behind the business etc, etc.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 09-04-2014

Congratulations on your new coach. I suggest getting CoachNet coverage prior to picking up the bird. http://www.coach-net.com/

2000 LX40 Millennium Limited Edition #4 of 6
1987 PT38 8V92 "MacAttack Racing" SOLD
1974 FC31 534 gas engine, air brakes (sold)
Anaheim Hills, Calif.
714 269-6187

Do Not Send PM (Private Messages) Please
curtsprenger@gmail.com
Old 09-04-2014

Quote:
Where can I find the rally info?
Congratulations on your new coach.
The WOG rally info is under Rally Happenings and Schedules. Right now there are 132 coaches, more or less, signed up. Come, you will have the time of your life and learn more than you ever thought. Oh, bring an empty stomach, as food is #1 on the schedule. I think it is #2 on the schedule also.
Old 09-11-2014
'83 FC35 SB in Gary, IN

Default Jon & Adri: Another Welcome

Yaaaaaaay, someone with kids!

I just turned 80, and have only my dog and cat to ride along.
Consider yourselves fortunate - not only for having gotten a Bluebird, but also for one another (+ children)!

Your recent post is what got me started writing once again, and I hope to learn how to sort all posts so that the most recent is on top, and so on....

Otherwise, it's like reading newspapers from years and years ago. LOL! (Well, unless you are after specific 'how to' information . . .)

I may get to a rally which is closer to Gary, as long trips are daunting anymore.

Note to Webmaster: Hope I didn't mess up the Title box.... lj
1983 FC35 SB