Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Electrical

Electrical Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's electrical system.

Site Search:

Old 12-16-2014

Default Rear Landing Lights

Both the rear landing lights are out. Switch on dash working. Found relay, which is also functioning properly and sending out the 12 volts. Haven't checked to see if there is voltage yet directly at the lights, which is my next step, but was wondering if the wires from the relay go directly to them or is there another fuse somewhere? Also, is there a ground wire I need to be concerned with or are the lights grounded by just being in the housing?
Old 12-16-2014

Michael,
My m380 must be in reverse gear in order for the rear landing lights to work.
Old 12-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Crocker View Post
Michael,
My m380 must be in reverse gear in order for the rear landing lights to work.
Joe,
Rear landing or rear parking (backup) lights?
My coach has 4 landing lights on the sides and 2 parking lights on the rear. The rear parking lights are switched from the dash and need to be in reverse to operate. The side landing lights are also switched and operate independent of the rear lights and trans.
Michael - I have replaced several landing lights. If I recall correctly there is a separate ground wire. You can use 4411 lamps in place of the expensive, short life (25 hours) originals.
"Bordering On Adequate"
Old 12-16-2014
John Wyatt – Administrator/Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Both the rear landing lights are out. Switch on dash working. Found relay, which is also functioning properly and sending out the 12 volts. Haven't checked to see if there is voltage yet directly at the lights, which is my next step, but was wondering if the wires from the relay go directly to them or is there another fuse somewhere? Also, is there a ground wire I need to be concerned with or are the lights grounded by just being in the housing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCSS View Post
Joe,
Rear landing or rear parking (backup) lights?
My coach has 4 landing lights on the sides and 2 parking lights on the rear. The rear parking lights are switched from the dash and need to be in reverse to operate. The side landing lights are also switched and operate independent of the rear lights and trans.
Michael - I have replaced several landing lights. If I recall correctly there is a separate ground wire. You can use 4411 lamps in place of the expensive, short life (25 hours) originals.
And to complicate things even more, I think the Rear Landing Lights are up by the front tires and the Front Landing Lights are back by the rear tires.
Body Number F095567
My Location: http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=4

1991 40' WB ...From 2008 - Present
1984 ½ PT-36 .From 2000 - 2008
1973 FC-31 .....From 1991 - 2001
Old 12-16-2014

On the 450 , the rear landing lights work only with the key "On". The right and left work with the key off.
Old 12-17-2014
Goat rails in the sunset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselbird01 View Post
And to complicate things even more, I think the Rear Landing Lights are up by the front tires and the Front Landing Lights are back by the rear tires.
Uh oh.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...82001339,d.cGU

Full-time in 2019
Old 12-17-2014

Its the landing lights, the ones that come on with the key switch but doesn't have to be in reverse. My front ones both come on. Thanks for all the responses.
Old 12-17-2014
John Wyatt – Administrator/Moderator

Hi Michael,

For the record, I was being serious when I said I think the Rear Landing Lights are up by the front tires and the Front Landing Lights are back by the rear tires”.

REAR LANDING Light Switch - At the ON position this switch turns ON the landing lights in the front right and left panels just behind the front tires. These lights shine toward the rear of the coach so are called Rear Landing Lights.

FRONT LANDING Light Switch - To turn on the front Landing lights, located in the rear side panels just in front of the rear wheels, push this switch to the ON position.

REAR PARKING Light Switch - This switch controls the on-off operation of the rear parking
lights (rectangular halogen lights above the rear bumper) when transmission selector lever is in R.

Quote:

Quote:
Its the landing lights, the ones that come on with the key switch but doesn't have to be in reverse. My front ones both come on. Thanks for all the responses.
I might be the only one that’s confused but from your posts, I still don’t know which of your lights are working and which aren't.

What is the actual physical location of the lights you're having a problem with?

By the front tires? (Rear landing lights)
By the rear tires? (Front landing lights)
On the rear of the caoch? (Rear Parking lights)
Body Number F095567
My Location: http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=4

1991 40' WB ...From 2008 - Present
1984 ½ PT-36 .From 2000 - 2008
1973 FC-31 .....From 1991 - 2001
Old 12-17-2014

It is the rear landing lights, not parking lights. These lights are located at the front tires. They come on whenever there is 12 volt power to the coach and the switch is turned on.
Old 12-17-2014
RV Appraiser

Quote:
It is the rear landing lights, not parking lights. These lights are located at the front tires. They come on whenever there is 12 volt power to the coach and the switch is turned on.
I think it might be time for a volt meter on the wiring at the light fixture to see if you have current. Once I had both bulbs to blow I assume at the same time, it could have been days apart but either case both were out. I replaced both bulbs and all was well.
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_