Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:

Old 09-14-2018

Default Converting an FC

The wife and I have been playing with the idea of opening a Cigar place. The other day I seen a gutted FC posted for sale and thought about turning one in to a mobile cigar lounge....

Most of the interior would be removed or modified. We'd keep the bathroom and probably turn the shower into storage. I'd keep the gen and all environmental stuff. Leveling system would be nice. I think side entry would be beneficial and a rear bath ideal.

You guys are pretty darn resourceful so I wanted to ask here if I'm to far in left field with this idea or it seems reasonable.
Old 09-14-2018

There's a very rough PT40WB in Autaugaville, Alabama abandoned in a field... making it mobile again might be a challenge... I like the idea!
chip@collectorsco.com / 804-357-4926
2004 M380 101k/22xx hours
1987 FC35 TMU/42xx hours
Former: 90 SP36, 92 WB40, 85 FC35SB & others
Old 09-14-2018

What an interesting idea! You could always rent it out (with you driving it) to take folks to the Georgia games! I know a few that would jump at the opportunity not to drive AND get to smoke their cigars!
(678) 438-3184
georgiacorvette@outlook.com
WOG Service Center Database (replaces WOG Maps)
MeWe: https://mewe.com/i/karengulrich
Old 09-14-2018

I want a side entry so looking at the FC's. Longer would be better but not sure it would make up for not having a side entry. To a point, simpler is better and I won't need any real HP. FC's are are cheaper for decent examples. Part of me whats to find something that doesn't have a high chance of being refurb'd and use that while the other part wants to find the best example for the money and use it. I have never liked parting nice older stuff out so I'll struggle with the latter.
Old 09-14-2018
RV Appraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcaidy View Post
The wife and I have been playing with the idea of opening a Cigar place. The other day I seen a gutted FC posted for sale and thought about turning one in to a mobile cigar lounge....

Most of the interior would be removed or modified. We'd keep the bathroom and probably turn the shower into storage. I'd keep the gen and all environmental stuff. Leveling system would be nice. I think side entry would be beneficial and a rear bath ideal.

You guys are pretty darn resourceful so I wanted to ask here if I'm to far in left field with this idea or it seems reasonable.
I'd be looking for a old blood mobile, same features your looking for and easy to gut. Why take a salvageable Wanderlodge and gut it? JMO
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_
Old 09-14-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by birds_first View Post
I'd be looking for a old blood mobile, same features your looking for and easy to gut. Why take a salvageable Wanderlodge and gut it? JMO

That is one reason I was looking at a gutted or "very unloved" WL's. Really though, doing what I am planning wouldn't modify things all that much if the interior was already gone or bad. (I don't think...)

I would want all the features and comforts of a motor home. Lots of cooling and heat, bath room, water and one of the things I want is a leveling system to make it stable while parked. If there are other options I'd be open to them. Very open if they are cheaper!
Old 09-14-2018
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcaidy View Post
That is one reason I was looking at a gutted or "very unloved" WL's. Really though, doing what I am planning wouldn't modify things all that much if the interior was already gone or bad. (I don't think...)

I would want all the features and comforts of a motor home. Lots of cooling and heat, bath room, water and one of the things I want is a leveling system to make it stable while parked. If there are other options I'd be open to them. Very open if they are cheaper!
blood buses have all of that.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com