Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Parts Wanted

Parts Wanted Need a certain part for your coach? Post it here to see if someone has what you need or knows where you can find it.

Site Search:

Old 02-06-2020

Default ['83 FC 35] Need Exterior Parts

Hey everyone, I have a 1983 FC 35 that I'm restoring and I'm missing a few exterior parts. The last body shop it was at seemed to "misplace" a lot of the parts so now I'm scrambling. On one side I'm missing all the small metal doors, a light (which I found on CoachParts), awning and all kinds of stuff. If anyone knows what all I'm missing or has anything for sale, please let me know!

I tried embedding the pictures to the post but they were way too large so here's a link to the album:

https://imgur.com/a/yB7EXfi
Old 02-06-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by William48151623 View Post
Hey everyone, I have a 1983 FC 35 that I'm restoring and I'm missing a few exterior parts. The last body shop it was at seemed to "misplace" a lot of the parts so now I'm scrambling. On one side I'm missing all the small metal doors, a light (which I found on CoachParts), awning and all kinds of stuff. If anyone knows what all I'm missing or has anything for sale, please let me know!

I tried embedding the pictures to the post but they were way too large so here's a link to the album:

https://imgur.com/a/yB7EXfi
I have to ask, if the body shop "misplaced" them why aren't you telling them to replace them? Finding those doors might not be too easy. Randy, may come along and have some or an idea of where to find them. The body shop may have to hire a metal shop to make them, if they don't have a metal guy good enough to make them. The light might be easier. Try this https://www.overtons.com/sierra-28v-...RoCclMQAvD_BwE I just noticed this one is 28v but I'm sure you can find a 12v one.

Jim and Michele Walters
2000 LX ME
'93 WLWB (Sold)
Bluebird of Happiness
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
260-224-1278
Old 02-06-2020
Forum owner

I may have a bay door,but i need measurements.
the fridge louvered door is still available new.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 02-06-2020
Forum owner

If i have a door,it will not have the cornering light.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 02-06-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by isp2952 View Post
I have to ask, if the body shop "misplaced" them why aren't you telling them to replace them? Finding those doors might not be too easy. Randy, may come along and have some or an idea of where to find them. The body shop may have to hire a metal shop to make them, if they don't have a metal guy good enough to make them. The light might be easier. Try this https://www.overtons.com/sierra-28v-...RoCclMQAvD_BwE I just noticed this one is 28v but I'm sure you can find a 12v one.

It's the classic scenario where you pay a guy and a year later he skips town. It's my fault for not checking in, but when I finally did a lot of the pieces were missing... either thrown away or sold. It's at a new shop now so I just need these pieces to finish it up.

The guy that has it now says he might be able to fabricate the door towards the front, but the back one he's at a loss for. I'd like to just buy the parts so it saves everyone the headache, but I'm learning it can be difficult to track down.

I found this light and it looks like the right one and for half the price. It doesn't say the voltage though. (https://coachparts.net/blue-bird-wan...ing-light-assy)
Old 02-06-2020
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by William48151623 View Post
It's the classic scenario where you pay a guy and a year later he skips town. It's my fault for not checking in, but when I finally did a lot of the pieces were missing... either thrown away or sold. It's at a new shop now so I just need these pieces to finish it up.

The guy that has it now says he might be able to fabricate the door towards the front, but the back one he's at a loss for. I'd like to just buy the parts so it saves everyone the headache, but I'm learning it can be difficult to track down.

I found this light and it looks like the right one and for half the price. It doesn't say the voltage though. (https://coachparts.net/blue-bird-wan...ing-light-assy)

Dan at coach parts knows whats what,it will be 12v.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 02-06-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
I may have a bay door,but i need measurements.
the fridge louvered door is still available new.
Thank you for this. I will get these measurements tomorrow and let you know!
Old 02-06-2020

Nice coach. Sorry i can't do much to help. My tin knocking days (and equipment) are behind me. I get my hands on a 4 foot brake things might change. My only thought (being from Florida) is that striking dark paint job. Cooling in summer might get a little tough if you come down south (IMHO). Of course, that is the beauty of these things. We can drive them any place we like.
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835
Old 02-07-2020

William, Randy is your best bet for the battery door. If you come up dry there might be alternatives. Randy isn't there someone who had a mid 80's fc that was totaled in a tornado? I think the owner now owns a BMC? I think the insurance wanted to much and have it in some salvage yard. What about Colaws? Just thoughts....

Best Regards,
Dan Leftwich
Somers NY
1987 35FC
"BaBar"
Old 02-07-2020
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlefty View Post
William, Randy is your best bet for the battery door. If you come up dry there might be alternatives. Randy isn't there someone who had a mid 80's fc that was totaled in a tornado? I think the owner now owns a BMC? I think the insurance wanted to much and have it in some salvage yard. What about Colaws? Just thoughts....
That was Dave Hollis's coach that fliped out.
I have no idea where it went,if it was newer it might have rubber hinged doors.
All FC doors are not the same.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com