Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > LX and LXI (Unique Issues)

LX and LXI (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your LX or LXI model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE ISSUES INVOLVED WITH ANY LAWSUIT.....list your LX and LXI Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 3 Weeks Ago
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellcat View Post
I'd like to better understand this.

Are there pictures some place?
At the top of the page you will find the google search box.
If you put PTO and randy dupree in that box you will likely find more infor than you ever need.
Pics too.

Thats the way i search (your a basic newbie,so you will have to learn o whos name to search).
Like John W is the keeping of the files,if i need to look for a file on wiring i type that in,like this.
step wiring John Wyatt.

All of us have a different thing we like to do,i'm a nuts and blots guy,so air bags,PTOs,engines,stuff like that can be found by searching my name and PTO.

it works really well.
Lots of sharp guys here,figure out who has a WB coach with a PTO,Paul Brown comes to mind.
Hes a great mechanic,does his own work,has an S60 WB coach.
And he can post pics,so hes always a good guy to search.

And,like tires,the PTO has lots of opinions,1'' spline?,oil lubed?grease fitting?

Go for it,lets us know what you find.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
At the top of the page you will find the google search box.
If you put PTO and randy dupree in that box you will likely find more infor than you ever need.
Pics too.

Thats the way i search (your a basic newbie,so you will have to learn o whos name to search).
Like John W is the keeping of the files,if i need to look for a file on wiring i type that in,like this.
step wiring John Wyatt.

All of us have a different thing we like to do,i'm a nuts and blots guy,so air bags,PTOs,engines,stuff like that can be found by searching my name and PTO.

it works really well.
Lots of sharp guys here,figure out who has a WB coach with a PTO,Paul Brown comes to mind.
Hes a great mechanic,does his own work,has an S60 WB coach.
And he can post pics,so hes always a good guy to search.

And,like tires,the PTO has lots of opinions,1'' spline?,oil lubed?grease fitting?

Go for it,lets us know what you find.

Got it and found it. To bad the photo links are broke. But still learned a lot from the read.
Old 4 Days Ago

I am planning to retrofit my PTO and pump this winter. I have the 7/8” 13T greaseable now and plan to upgrade to the 1” 15T greaseable by simply replacing the mating shafts in each the PTO and pump. The PTO output shaft and extended mating housing are available from Drivetrain America and the kit includes all the correct bearings and seals. The pump input shaft is available from CPC and is a simple drop in that will mate with the pump’s driven shaft. I’ve test fit everything already using Lucas’ donor units (I returned the mating shafts to him for show-n-tell with next to zero material left...disaster averted!). The only piece I still need to source is a 1 1/2” suction line due to the fact the new PTO is about 5/8” longer. The price for this retrofit/upgrade is around $550. This may be a quicker solution??
Old 4 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47Driver View Post
I am planning to retrofit my PTO and pump this winter. I have the 7/8” 13T greaseable now and plan to upgrade to the 1” 15T greaseable by simply replacing the mating shafts in each the PTO and pump. The PTO output shaft and extended mating housing are available from Drivetrain America and the kit includes all the correct bearings and seals. The pump input shaft is available from CPC and is a simple drop in that will mate with the pump’s driven shaft. I’ve test fit everything already using Lucas’ donor units (I returned the mating shafts to him for show-n-tell with next to zero material left...disaster averted!). The only piece I still need to source is a 1 1/2” suction line due to the fact the new PTO is about 5/8” longer. The price for this retrofit/upgrade is around $550. This may be a quicker solution??
Great job!! Could you supply us with part numbers of your pump and PTO as well as part #s of what you are using for the retro fit and places ordering from. Would be a great help for future owners.
214-701-3419 cell. Eastern Time
Hilton Head Island SC
Hilton Head Island Motorcoach Resort
Old 4 Days Ago

I wonder if it would be better to change over to a two-stage engine-mounted pump like the 2-strokes used? Maybe not possible on the other engine options I guess.
Old 3 Days Ago

My current setup is the original Sauer Danfoss CPC-1040 030-R-2AA-BC pump with 7/8" 13T greaseable splines driven by a Chelsea 267XDFJP-M5GK PTO.

The PTO after modifications would be a Chelsea 267XDFJP-M5GF. The pump after modifications would be a CPC-1049 030-R-2AF-BC.

Here are the pictures of the parts and the invoices.

Also threw in a picture for comparison of the two sizes...pretty significant!

All the bearing and sealing surfaces on both replacement shafts are identical so that's why all the housings and bearing caps all still work except for those to accommodate the additional shaft length.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PTO parts kit.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	69903   Click image for larger version

Name:	comparison.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	69904   Click image for larger version

Name:	pump driven shaft.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	69905   Click image for larger version

Name:	QCC input shaft.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	69906   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chelsea parts kit.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	69907  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Drivetrain America PTO conversion kit invoice.pdf (79.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: pdf QCC invoice.pdf (255.1 KB, 7 views)
Old 3 Days Ago

Marc, thanks for the info. Much Much appreciated.
214-701-3419 cell. Eastern Time
Hilton Head Island SC
Hilton Head Island Motorcoach Resort