Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M450 (Unique Issues)

M450 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M450 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M450 Parts here too. NO DISCUSSION OF ANY OF THE M450 LAWSUITS ALLOWED HERE.

Site Search:

Old 3 Days Ago
Forum owner

I have never owned a 450 but its just a bus.
Once you get a little info on whats what its not so bad.
One thing at a time.
Electronics?
Not my string suit,but thats easy stuff for lots of the guys here.
If it gets you dirty and has gears or oil in it,i'm right at home.

The electronics i'm speaking of is TVs,sat systems,fancy radios,all of that.
To tell the truth i'm just not interested in that stuff,never was.
If the tv comes on when i push the button,cool.
If it does not,i read a book or watch youtubes.

The multiplex stuff is not my real cup of tea,but i do have a good understanding od it and how it works,kinda cool really,and i can see the advantages.

Seeing a coach partly built,with the wires run and the computer where you can see the wires coming in and out sure helps to understand that stuff.

If you think about it the wanderlodges have been using a multiplex (basic system) system for years.
Multipule switchs turning relays on and off,heck,we all know about that stuff,but the 450 stuff is just a store bought system.
Ready made,so to speak.
Theres no system on a 450 that the guys here cannot fix,don't count us out.
And we never sleep,somebodys always up and ready to help.
Splitting the groups is a bad thing...

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 3 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
I have never owned a 450 but its just a bus.
Once you get a little info on whats what its not so bad.
One thing at a time.
Electronics?
Not my string suit,but thats easy stuff for lots of the guys here.
If it gets you dirty and has gears or oil in it,i'm right at home.

The electronics i'm speaking of is TVs,sat systems,fancy radios,all of that.
To tell the truth i'm just not interested in that stuff,never was.
If the tv comes on when i push the button,cool.
If it does not,i read a book or watch youtubes.

The multiplex stuff is not my real cup of tea,but i do have a good understanding od it and how it works,kinda cool really,and i can see the advantages.

Seeing a coach partly built,with the wires run and the computer where you can see the wires coming in and out sure helps to understand that stuff.

If you think about it the wanderlodges have been using a multiplex (basic system) system for years.
Multipule switchs turning relays on and off,heck,we all know about that stuff,but the 450 stuff is just a store bought system.
Ready made,so to speak.
Theres no system on a 450 that the guys here cannot fix,don't count us out.
And we never sleep,somebodys always up and ready to help.
Splitting the groups is a bad thing...
Thanks Randy and all the others that have replied. WOG has wealth of knowledge about all things BB. I’ve started with the small easy projects first, like the six inch split in the back of the washer fluid bottle. Bondo with chopped glass in it seems to have solved problem and saved $125.
Several members have added phone# which will come in handy (like when the boss says “isn’t there someone you can call NOW?”)

Rich & JoEllen
2006 450 lxi
Lansdale, PA
Old 3 Days Ago
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by richpip View Post
Thanks Randy and all the others that have replied. WOG has wealth of knowledge about all things BB. I’ve started with the small easy projects first, like the six inch split in the back of the washer fluid bottle. Bondo with chopped glass in it seems to have solved problem and saved $125.
Several members have added phone# which will come in handy (like when the boss says “isn’t there someone you can call NOW?”)
You will learn soon enough as to who you can call,and get the right answers,and you will learn to ask about parts here on wog,i have a dozen of those washer fluid tanks.
I have lots of parts for 450's,the 450 guys don't know i have them because they play in a different sandbox.

The really sharp guys are the quiet guys,(that leaves me out!).

The WOG mission is to keep all birds on the road,to find parts and fixes for them and to make the owners family.
WE do a good job at all of that.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 3 Days Ago

JoEllen & Rich welcome to the Zoo weather its a joke, harsh criticism or straight up sarcasm the ladies & gentleman of WOG and the Wanderlodge communities are a wonderful bunch that I am grateful for. Randy is correct the 450 is another bird with different systems & I think has the best ride for the money. I had just got comfortable with our 43LXi when a 2006 M450 caught our eye which started another learning curve mainly with the Intellitec system which was longer than it should have been due to operator error. We just came off a 9 day trip on the MS Gulf Coast with both our coaches and another 450. 3 birds & 110 degree heat index without any issues is a success in my book, however I had my laptop ready to login if needed. I am a beginner on the 450 but started prying around after an initial trip to Coach Craft and I was able to fix the washer dryer combo, an issue with the cable reel, sorted out some Intellitec issues & continue to build a nice punch list to keep us busy. Hope to see you on the road
2003 43 LXi
Old 2 Days Ago

450 roof are a one piece alumnium sheet. 45 foot x 8.5 foot. Could be the material cause earlywr clearcoat issue . I have not seen any clearcoat issue on the glass or stainless skin parts of the 450s here but all 3 have some alumnium roof top clear peeling. I just did the roku thing too. Had to cut 5 inch access holes to get to the front tv input ports.