Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > General Discussion > New Members

New Members New members to the forum are welcomed here.

Site Search:

Old 3 Days Ago

Default 2001 lx

I didn't mean to diminish your experience. What I meant is that I am not familiar with the construction, models etc from bluebird and I felt I needed to learn more to make a decision about purchase or repair. As far as a project I would tinker with say 98 up with a good prospect of rejuvenation and being g worth the time and money at the end id be more comfortable with a lower initial cost just in case I tire of the project before completion. So if you have something in. Mind surprise me.
Old 3 Days Ago

I think a budget is the first place you should start. The second thing to consider is what size you want, and third what engine. Don't shy away from older coaches just because of their age. They hold up incredibly well and you'll find similarities in just about every model. The newest bus is still going to be going on 15 years old and all of them will be a "project" one way or another.
kg4rrx@gmail.com 404-547-1951
Old 3 Days Ago
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlagooty67 View Post
I didn't mean to diminish your experience. What I meant is that I am not familiar with the construction, models etc from bluebird and I felt I needed to learn more to make a decision about purchase or repair. As far as a project I would tinker with say 98 up with a good prospect of rejuvenation and being g worth the time and money at the end id be more comfortable with a lower initial cost just in case I tire of the project before completion. So if you have something in. Mind surprise me.
Theres no way we can explain to you all of the options and differences between models and years and sizes.
Not in a year,maybe not in 10 years.
Like Chris said,we have to narrow down the search,and the best way to narrow it down is to put a budget out there for us.
Like if you have 50k to spend,and 50k to use for renovations and stuff.
Tools will be included in that "stuff",unless you have a fully equipped shop you will need to buy a tool or 2.
Even if you have a fully equipped shop you will need something.
Most of my tools are worn out,the newer things i have been buying are the cordless stuff,and that stuff is handy.

Back to the bus,are you looking for a classic bus?
chrome bumpers?
or later models,lets say your not into the look more than you want a series 60 engine,now we have a place to start.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 1 Day Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
Theres no way we can explain to you all of the options and differences between models and years and sizes.
Not in a year,maybe not in 10 years.
<SNIP>
Amen to that!! We just purchased a 1980 FC35, and I'm finding a LOT of variability between different examples of 1980 FC35's!! And that's all before interim owners added their 'marks' to them!!