Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M450 (Unique Issues)

M450 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M450 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M450 Parts here too. NO DISCUSSION OF ANY OF THE M450 LAWSUITS ALLOWED HERE.

Site Search:

Old 09-11-2017

Default 2006 M450 with CAT 525

OK OK...so I posted in an old thread. Anyways, while I'm still pretty Happy with my Vogue, I'm always looking for that one Dream Coach, a BlueBird of course. So as I'm previewing some I came across that M450 in Texas with the Cat engine...low miles but I don't know a thing about the 450...most the ones I'be looked at have been the LX and LXI, so the 450 is a new animal.

What should I know about this one Texas(RV Outlet)...the price seems low??? but what do I know....:-)
Old 09-11-2017

I guess I better bone up on my Blue Bird numbers...sorry it is an LXI 450....I guess this was the predecessor to the M450....maybe??
Old 09-11-2017

Well, well...after posting this I spent the time reading the recall info. WOW...I guess I see why this particular coach may be priced the way it is. Has that weight issue ever been resolved for the owners of these coaches? I mean, were not Full Timers but I tend to over stuff my current coach so I can see where I might not be able to carry so heavy any longer.

Anyways, still open to any comments if your so inclined?
Old 09-11-2017

Dwight,

I think all coaches have issues . Many were heavy and needed larger tiers, or heavier axles , Prevost included . The question is are you up tp the challenge ? I have also been looking at a LXI 450 , and I ask myself , are you man enough for the challenge ,lol . Seriously , we may not have Delamination issues as Prevost and Monaco have had in the Past , but we , all of us coach owner have at one time or another dealt with unique coach issue , have you with your coach ?

It is true that the 450 does offer some issues that older BB did not , but the 450 also offers many upgrades that no other BB offers at a price that if your willing to take the Challenge will be heads and shoulders above any PVC coach out there Me I'm still on the fence

2000 LXI Single Slide
Ormond Beach, Florida
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
www.fastcubes.com
Old 09-11-2017
Just the Driver

Default 2006 m450

We have a 2006 with all recalls completed and we love it. Drives great ! By no means would I allow past issues to prevent looking at a updated coach. It is a learning curve but that is why there is WOG

Bryan and Karen Altier
2006 M450 LXI
2014 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Hard Rock
2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Hard Rock
Greenville, SC
Altierb@bellsouth.net
Old 09-11-2017

I just fired off another E-mail to the dealer who has this coach inquiring about the Recall issues and whether any other modifications ave been made to the coach. I guess I'll see by his answer just how much he know's about this particular model.

As to the issues we all experience...sure, I'm up for a challenge as long as there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I've certainly had my challenges with a '96 Vogue, which I've owned for close to 15 year's, so I'm certainly not immune to issues...LoL :-)
Old 09-11-2017

I have an 05 m450(which by the way is a 450 lxi) no difference,tomato-tomato Lets see, when was the last time that I thought about the overweight issue..... Oh yeh like 7-up and caffeine never have, never will! These coaches are so well built, the weight number is just a CYA. I've never had mine weighed, and when we go on a trip,I leave with full fuel, full water and empty holding tanks and whatever I need for where we are going. Issues, yeh it has em, so does every other coach out there. You learn and work thru them. My coach has never left me sitting on the side of the road and if it does I'll just make an adult beverage and wait to see who Coach-net sends me
Austintown,Ohio
Old 09-11-2017

I like that attitude Mike, it's never a bad time for adult beverages! I suppose I tend to agree, I've never given weight a second thought on my Vogue, if its over weight, I haven't known it for 15+ year's lol
Old 09-11-2017
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by acampingwewillgo View Post
I just fired off another E-mail to the dealer who has this coach inquiring about the Recall issues and whether any other modifications ave been made to the coach. I guess I'll see by his answer just how much he know's about this particular model.

As to the issues we all experience...sure, I'm up for a challenge as long as there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I've certainly had my challenges with a '96 Vogue, which I've owned for close to 15 year's, so I'm certainly not immune to issues...LoL :-)
I said this once in one of your posts.
ALL of the M450s have had ALL recalls done,it was a law,they all had to be fixed?

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 09-11-2017

Discussed previously...

http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...ad.php?t=29061