Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:

Old 12-28-2012
Adult??

Exclamation Insurance?

Somehow as I have turned 65 my insurance carrier has decided to raise my premium A BUNCH!!

I have a clean record. Not even a parking ticket!!!

Who do you all use? Whats the best company for us ''Old Guys''?

Thank you. We wish you the very best 2013

1981 FC-35

Poland
Old 12-28-2012
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEE View Post
Somehow as I have turned 65 my insurance carrier has decided to raise my premium A BUNCH!!

JH you want insurance for a vehicle that is located where?
Old 12-28-2012
Adult??

Smile

California

1981 FC-35

Poland
Old 12-29-2012
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEE View Post

I'm 69 and I'm very satisfied with Wanderlodge Owners Group > RV Lifestyle > Insurance, Vehicle & Towing, Taxes, and Lifestyle Costs > Blue Sky RV Insurance

Quote:
I'm a Happy Camper

I had John McGinnis do an appraisal on my 1982 FC35RB Wanderlodge and the Enclosed Autocarrier trailer that I always pull, which I was highly satisfied with and was hoping to get an Agreed Value Insurance Policy and I kept on running into problems due to my 'Bird being older than 25 years old. I even tried the insurance company that I have my 'Bird insured with currently as they are one of the largest and they do a lot of advertising on the TV and in print and which I had read here on the forum has written Agreed Value Insurance policies for other members, only to find out that they would not write a similar policy here in South Carolina, needless to say I was getting very frustrated.

I decided to give a call to Blue Sky RV Insurance and I was lucky enough to talk with Eric Rautins and we had a lengthy conversation about Blue Bird Wanderlodges and the quality of construction, he even took the time to look over the WOG forum to see how active our members are and how many members we had, we then took a look at my photo web site so that I could show and explain to him how much work I have put into restoring and updating my 'Bird. I also told him that I felt that they were missing the boat, by not including our older than 25 years old Wanderlodge's on their insurable list.

Eric told me that he would have to talk it over with his partner and would get back to me by email later that day and when I got the email it was great news, he included an Agreed Value Insurance quote for both my 'Bird and trailer at the appraised price that John McGinnis had appraised as a pair and to my surprise this quote was for more insurance than I presently had and for LESS MONEY, needless to say I accepted and paid for the new policy and now Blue Sky RV Insurance will be my insurer when my present policy runs out on June 26. He also informed me that Blue Sky would now look at Wanderlodge models as far back as 1970 but reserve the right to decline for underwriting reasons based upon their condition.

So if you are looking for Insurance for your 'Bird, give Blue Sky RV Insurance a chance, just go to their website at http://www.blueskyrvinsurance.com and click on the Request a RV Insurance Quote link.

Don't forget if you are going to request an Agreed Value Insurance you will need an appraisal and we have one of the best appraiser's of 'Birds right there on the WOG, check out Protect Your RV Investment. Have it Appraised!

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 12-29-2012
Thomas Rembert

I now have Blue Sky for the bird. Big savings compared to others. I let them quote my 5 cars/trucks and they came back about 30 % higher than my current insurance. It just shows you have to shop it all.
2018 Allegro Bus 45ft 4 slide
Alachua, FL/Blackhawk, CO.