Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Coaches For Sale by WOG Members

Coaches For Sale by WOG Members Coaches WOG members have for sale along with a short description. New rules for selling coaches May 1, 2019

Site Search:

Old 12-06-2018

Default Bella Mia News

Ethel and I have decided it's time. For a number of reasons we've elected to pass the Bella on to younger hands. It's sold and to be picked up in the next week or so. It was a difficult decision to make. We've owner her for ten years and are attached. BUT there is good news it's going to be in good hands and local (Baltimore) so I'll be able to visit her. The new owner will do right by her I am confident and my dear friends who own a 94 BMC have offered to allow us the use there of. SO you're not necessarily rid of us yet. This may just work out well for all involved.

As some of you know Ethel and I have been occupied helping our daughter (and grandchildren). Laura is going thru a divorce and all that goes with that. It's taking up a lot of Ethel's time and we aren't getting any younger.

I am committed to retiring in or around March and we are hopeful that Laura's situation will continue to improve.

So for right now the option of sharing a coach with another couple is ideal. At 72 years of age it's doubtful that we will buy another but that door is not nailed shut either.

I'm traveling with Shane to Quartzite this January. And I hope to keep my hand in this if I can. Neither of the wives too interested in Q. Shane's going to tuff it out with me and I'm going to try to be on my best behavior.

Life? You have to bend not break. Ethel and I hope to see our friends down the road. We just need to get the cats to stand still. Not giving up just yet just adjusting.

Thought ya should know

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold
Old 12-06-2018

of all the news I was expecting, this was not on the list. Sad day John.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 12-06-2018
Administrator

Wow this is a surprise, but wish you & family well in your future plan.
Old 12-06-2018

Sad day indeed! But I know where you are coming from John. I made a similar decision this summer. I sold my Harley I knew there would come a time when I just felt like it was the right thing to do. All my friends quit riding and since I lost Squirt I had nobody to ride with anymore. Then my bus had it's hiccup and the money came in handy to pay for that. So, I understand completely, that life leads us down a certain path and sometimes you come to a fork in the road, which forces decisions. I'm sure this is the right decision for you and you have thought it out completely. I will miss you as will many others here. Should you ever pass through my area, always feel free to stop and visit. You and Ethel will be provided with you own guest suite in the form of a Wanderlodge Hope to see you on the road to someplace sometime soon and best of luck

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 12-06-2018
Still Lookin

Default Say it isn't so John!

I wanted to buy Bella Mia, but surely not the only one.
There comes a time for each to pass the helm along to the next operator.
We all hope you'will continue to post your witty commentaries on the forum.
Wishing you the best in the next chapters of your life.
Old 12-06-2018
Forum owner

I will miss you for sure,dangitman!!
Why don't you and shane come here on the way to Q?
On the farewell tour!
stop and have dinner,at the least!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 12-06-2018

John, we will miss you but I know you won't be gone completely. You've got your hands full and like you said you haven't nailed that door shut for a Bird in your future.... Good luck to you and Ethel!!

Best Regards,
Dan Leftwich
Somers NY
1987 35FC
"BaBar"
Old 12-06-2018

Guys don't give up on me. This is just a bump in the road not a crash. You know Randy . Roof blows off the house ya pick up the pieces. I've just got to get things in order. Most importantly I need to loose some weight. I'm just too fat to be doing what needs to be done to keep up with the coach. Ethel's tied up with Laura BUT these things can be fixed and I've got options. It's a day at a time. I'm doing what I think best for the next year and we'll see what happens.

Don't any one if you feel badly about any of this. I've had that bus and enjoyed it for 10 years. I hope and expect to have more but if it works out that I don't that's still 10 years that only a very few of could have ever had. I OFTEN told Ethel while traveling how privileged I felt to be able to do this. I may be able to continue. I have what's important. Reasonable health. My family and MY FRIENDS. I am determined to make this work.

I'd love to be able to stop on the way Randy. Only thing Shane said was we were going down 81 so it may work. I live close to 81 and we were talking about starting points . Planning to leave on or around Jan 10

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold
Old 12-06-2018
Forum owner

I never gave you up!
And i get it,pick it up and run!
Lifes short,do't miss a minute!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 12-06-2018

Sorry to hear John , enjoyed talking to you on phone and thanks for advice sorry we never met up with the birds. Yours was why I jumped on a plane flew across the country to look at at ours cause we loved how yours looked in pictures.

Tony Welch
Madison, Virginia
1986 PT 36
1983 FC 31
1986 23ft Travelmaster
mctireman@gmail.com
540-718-3392