Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Frequently Asked Questions > Blue Bird Models and Blue Bird History

Blue Bird Models and Blue Bird History Here's where you can find information related to Blue Bird history. If you have Historical information such as brochures, pictures, advertisements, etc. this is the place to upload them.

Site Search:

Old 04-16-2012
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbeam express View Post
Very cool!

I put in my VIN and found the basics on my rig.

Interestingly, it shows Alpin Haus in Amsterdam NY as the distributor and Customer as Holland RV in Michigan. A search on the Internet showed nothing, but I put in Miller (the name engraved on the entry handle) and Holland and got Dick and Peg Miller of Jacksonville, Fl. Not sure if these were the Millers that owned my LXi. It appears Dick passed away in 2000 according to an older post by Randy. Anyone know any more?
Peg is known fondly as "Mouse",dick had a Rolls Royce and a big compound on the river in Jax,he was in the insurance business and his sons still run the business,Dick played the french horn and he went to New Orleans and played in the clubs there for fun.
He was known to take a drink!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 04-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
Peg is known fondly as "Mouse",dick had a Rolls Royce and a big compound on the river in Jax,he was in the insurance business and his sons still run the business,Dick played the french horn and he went to New Orleans and played in the clubs there for fun.
He was known to take a drink!
Any chance they were the past owners of my bird?

Corey Noble
Spring Hill, FL.
2000 43 LXI Millennium Edition
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”
Old 04-16-2012

Too bad the database doesn't go back further into history.

Paul & Janice Olson
Morrison, Colorado
Mi-Vida-Loca
1984 PT40
KoWSU
Old 04-17-2012
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbeam express View Post
Any chance they were the past owners of my bird?
I'm not sure,but i can find out.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 04-17-2012
davidmbrady

I'm surprised to see on my body and chassis parts list all the raw materials for the slide body: aluminum skin, many feet of 1.5"x2.0"x0.25" aluminum tubing, and lots of other assorted aluminum bits. I always thought that BB bought the slide bodies from HWH. There is an HWH slide body 'kit' in the parts list, but I think this is only the actuating parts. Does anyone remember seeing BB weld together the slide bodies on the factory floor?

Last edited by davidmbrady; 04-17-2012 at 08:35 AM.
Old 04-17-2012
Can't re-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmbrady View Post
I'm surprised to see in my body and chassis parts list all the raw materials for the slide body, aluminum skin, many feet of 1.5"x2.0"x0.25" aluminum tubing, and lots of other assorted aluminum bits. I always thought that BB bought the slide bodies from HWH. There is an HWH slide body 'kit' in the parts list, but I think this is only the actuating parts. Does anyone remember seeing BB weld together the slide bodies on the factory floor?
I don't recall for sure but I believe I remember them building the slide body there at the factory. In fact I had seen a couple outside in various stages of build.....

John Stiles
1980 33FC
"My Navion". SOLD
Stockbridge, GA
Old 04-17-2012
pgchd

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmbrady View Post
I'm surprised to see in my body and chassis parts list all the raw materials for the slide body, aluminum skin, many feet of 1.5"x2.0"x0.25" aluminum tubing, and lots of other assorted aluminum bits. I always thought that BB bought the slide bodies from HWH. There is an HWH slide body 'kit' in the parts list, but I think this is only the actuating parts. Does anyone remember seeing BB weld together the slide bodies on the factory floor?
I have, I walked the floor for both yours, m380's, and m450's. BB built the "cages/slides"..HWH or other vendors supplied the mechanisms, seals, etc.......
Old 04-17-2012
Forum owner

I have seen them as well,for the 380,never for the LX-LXI

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 04-17-2012
davidmbrady

Quote:
Thanks Guys,

It's interesting Randy, some of the LXi 'parts lists' don't list the many feet of 1.5"x2.0"x0.25" aluminum slide tubing and slide skin, but some do. Could it be that BB bought the slide bodies from HWH for the earlier coaches and built them for the later LXi's? Maybe since they were building them for the M380, some of the last LXi's were also home built? Or, is it definitely an impossibility?
Old 04-17-2012
pgchd

Quote:
David,
I forgot to add CCW did their own as well with double wipe seals, M450's, single wipe...... Concerning Randy's comment, when I saw the LXI and cage I asked the "tour guide", he told me BB made them........whether or not he was "selling" BB and masking a 3rd party vendor, who knows.......but it was a privilege to walk the floor and I wasn't going to challenge him.......so I guess the bottom line is who knows!