Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Parts and Other Items For Sale

Parts and Other Items For Sale Have a part or other item that you want to sell? List it here.

Site Search:

Old 10-08-2011

Thumbs up Center Light Bar Cover FOR SALE

Fellow Blue Birders:

In my quest to keep my 1996 Mid Door Blue Bird Wanderlodge coach original as possible and make improvements to enhance appearance and performance, I have elected to improve the Center Light Bar (after many years of service) and replace the damaged lenses with an original type Blue Bird lenses part. With Blue Bird Wanderlodge being out of business now, I began to realize this was an in house part made by them as needed (No inventory of this item to be found any where!!).

Upon a day that I should of bought a Lottery Ticket, I got lucky to come upon an old inventory Blue Bird lenses part @ Holland Motors (Blue Bird's oldest dealer) in Holland, Michigan. No questions ask, about price, just quickly instructed them to ship the item right out to me. Just lucky to find an original replacement made by the factory in Fort Valley, Georgia.

After thinking about the situation of none of these items in production any more, I began my quest to set out to replicate this item for a backup, in the event the newly purchased Center Light Bar part was to become damaged in my future travels (future time of use, debris, flying rocks, etc.) during my ownership of this coach . Looking at the part, thinking this could not be that big of a deal; go to Home Depot and get the material and replicate. Wow!! Education, learned in my endeavor to replicate this item. Various grades, qualities, thickness, etc. of this prismatic material, in addition to the process & procedure in forming this material to replicate this Blue Bird item lead me to also thinking it might not be for me to do myself (many friends advised me of this in my research of doing so). Thus, I gave up the idea of me doing this on my own, real quick!!

Being from the Indianapolis, Indiana area, (Home of the Racing Capitol of the World), I set out to see if I could come across, someone, or some manufacturing Racing business to assist me in this item being replicated. Bingo, I got lucky again and come upon a company that made a form and has the process & technique (heating & bending) in producing this item for us.

I now have this item for sale @ $100.00 (shipping & handling cost from Indiana to any lower 48 state location included). You might want to do as I wanted and did, in having a spare backup to cover that sometime incident, in the future, of needing one quickly (flying rocks from road travel, will damage about anything you would elect to go with, for this area of the coach + the daily bug cleaning chores, etc.).

Finally, this keeps the coach as engineered & designed in appearance. Trust me, we tried various types and designs of material, but always came back with night & day appearances, hands down, the winner's choice.. Blue Bird did their home work on this item & it was used for the '91 to '97 era of production of Wanderlodge without changes.

Below is what I did to enhance my Center Light Bar area:

BEFORE: This was the area after losing Center Light Bar cover.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-05-22_17-50-22_467.jpg
Views:	695
Size:	505.6 KB
ID:	12811

AFTER: Covering area with aluminum tape for light reflection effect.

Name:	2011-06-18_20-59-05_241.jpg
Views:	644
Size:	519.8 KB
ID:	12812

New Center Light Bar Cover with lights on (aluminum tape/reflection).

Name:	2011-06-18_21-19-13_410.jpg
Views:	715
Size:	654.2 KB
ID:	12813

I now have this Center Light Bar replacement cover item, as made by Blue Bird Wanderlodge, for sale @ $100.00 total (shipping & handling cost included to any lower 48 state location). This is a direct replacement for the original lens as sold by the Wanderlodge factory.

Yes! I will be at the 2011 RATS rally in Georgia... or Contact me via kb9bg@arrl.net

Regards,

Gregg Kizer
Pan & Tilt rear Camera System/12 cams/Security System
New Castle, Indiana (summer)
Bradenton, Florida (winter)
kb9bg@arrl.net
Old 10-08-2011

Looks nice!
1999, Jeep Cherokee, Toad
1970, VW Baja Bug, Alternate Toad
Old 10-08-2011
Can't re-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Kizer View Post
Fellow Blue Birders:

In my quest to keep my 1996 Mid Door Blue Bird Wanderlodge coach original as possible and make improvements to enhance appearance and performance, I have elected to improve the Center Light Bar (after many years of service) and replace the damaged lenses with an original type Blue Bird lenses part. With Blue Bird Wanderlodge being out of business now, I began to realize this was an in house part made by them as needed (No inventory of this item to be found any where!!).

Upon a day that I should of bought a Lottery Ticket, I got lucky to come upon an old inventory Blue Bird lenses part @ Holland Motors (Blue Bird's oldest dealer) in Holland, Michigan. No questions ask, about price, just quickly instructed them to ship the item right out to me. Just lucky to find an original replacement made by the factory in Fort Valley, Georgia.

After thinking about the situation of none of these items in production any more, I began my quest to set out to replicate this item for a backup, in the event the newly purchased Center Light Bar part was to become damaged in my future travels (future time of use, debris, flying rocks, etc.) during my ownership of this coach . Looking at the part, thinking this could not be that big of a deal; go to Home Depot and get the material and replicate. Wow!! Education, learned in my endeavor to replicate this item. Various grades, qualities, thickness, etc. of this prismatic material, in addition to the process & procedure in forming this material to replicate this Blue Bird item lead me to also thinking it might not be for me to do myself (many friends advised me of this in my research of doing so). Thus, I gave up the idea of me doing this on my own, real quick!!

Being from the Indianapolis, Indiana area, (Home of the Racing Capitol of the World), I set out to see if I could come across, someone, or some manufacturing Racing business to assist me in this item being replicated. Bingo, I got lucky again and come upon a company that made a form and has the process & technique (heating & bending) in producing this item for us.

I now have this item for sale @ $100.00 (shipping & handling cost from Indiana to any lower 48 state location included). You might want to do as I wanted and did, in having a spare backup to cover that sometime incident, in the future, of needing one quickly (flying rocks from road travel, will damage about anything you would elect to go with, for this area of the coach + the daily bug cleaning chores, etc.).

Finally, this keeps the coach as engineered & designed in appearance. Trust me, we tried various types and designs of material, but always came back with night & day appearances, hands down, the winner's choice.. Blue Bird did their home work on this item & it was used for the '91 to '97 era of production of Wanderlodge without changes.

Below is what I did to enhance my Center Light Bar area:

BEFORE: This was the area after losing Center Light Bar cover.

Attachment 12811

AFTER: Covering area with aluminum tape for light reflection effect.

Attachment 12812

New Center Light Bar Cover with lights on (aluminum tape/reflection).

Attachment 12813

I now have this Center Light Bar replacement cover item, as made by Blue Bird Wanderlodge, for sale @ $100.00 total (shipping & handling cost included to any lower 48 state location). This is a direct replacement for the original lens as sold by the Wanderlodge factory.

Yes! I will be at the 2011 RATS rally in Georgia... or Contact me via kb9bg@arrl.net

Regards,

Gregg Kizer

Way to go Greg!

John Stiles
1980 33FC
"My Navion". SOLD
Stockbridge, GA
Old 10-08-2011

Is this a true copy of the OEM cover, thickness, shape, etc?

don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- poor products with poor support
Old 10-09-2011

John, Yep! This is a true copy of the OEM cover, thicness, shape, etc.. In fact, the photo I posted was what we had made for us (Center Light Bar cover)!

In fact, this might be the very last one that Blue Bird Wonderlodge made (Center Light Bar ) while the factory was open, which I had replicated for a backup for myself.

How every, I thought I would help some fellow Birders out after all my efforts and troubles getting the mold and process obtained. This way we will have a source for those wanting to replace & retain the factory orginal item & look, when it comes their turn of having a damage unit and needing to replace theirs. Not trying to make my $ Living by selling these items.....

Thanks!

Gregg
kb9bg@arrl.net
Old 10-09-2011

Default Center light bar

Gregg, I've been looking for one for my 91 WB. Could you bring one to RATS with you? I don't think it will get here before we leave. Thanks, Paul.
W Peoria, Illinois
Old 10-09-2011

Paul:

We will have some at the Rally & I will save you one.

Thanks!

Gregg
kb9bg@arrl.net
Old 10-16-2011

Have had many inquires and we are on our way to RATS now!.

We have these Center Light Bar units with us For Sale. I just installed one of these on my coach, so you can see final install results.

See U ALL @ the RATS!!
kb9bg@arrl.net
Old 10-16-2011

For those that may ask
the light bar lens is a reproduction of the original lens sold by BB factory.
I have received my inventory from Gregg and I can assure you that the quality is unsurpassed by any others that have been copied.
The best I have seen.
Great Stuff!!
Old 09-11-2012

can"t wait to get to get one of these grills
dc@elliottstire.com