Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Rallies

Rallies Some of the rallies listed here are closed to posting by other than rally masters. Some old rallies are closed do to their being old rallies.

Site Search:

Old 08-11-2008

Default Which rally to attend??

Since Blue Bird decided to move RITV to Branson this year, it appears there may be somewhat of a split, between people attending RITV, versus RATS.

This will be my first BB Rally, and as such, I want to know the pros and cons of each.

Anyone have any thoughts on the subject??

Thanks.
Linden, Michigan
Old 08-11-2008
Grand Curmudgeon

Robert,

I don't know if asking about pros & cons is the way to decide which rally to attend as it isn't about pros & cons but subjectively what you want.

If you have not attended any rally before, I would suggest you attend RIV as it will be a chance to meet many of the factory people you *may* have to deal with in the future. Also, it is a great chance to get an infusion of "rah-rah" feel good factory stuff.

If you have never been to Branson before, you will most likely have a good time if for no other reason than Branson is unique and you should at least see it once.

IMHO, the RATS rally is more of a chance to get together with friends old and new to enjoy the fellowship and shared commonalities as well as eating far better food then would be catered at RIV. Far more low key and more about *us* and learning about our coaches than RIV.

I doubt if I have made your decision any easier, but can definately say it's a win-win situation and no bad choice can be made. In the "for what it's worth" department, I'll be at RATS.

Another thought that might sway your decision, if you have any interest in fast cars, land speed records and good fellowship, you could come to Maxton, NC for the land speed races there in Oct and caravan with us from there to the RATS the following weekend. This way you get two great rallys for your trip "south".

Paul LaZar
St. Augustine, FL
Former owner of Ziggy
97 wb43
Old 08-11-2008
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Robert,

I don't know if asking about pros & cons is the way to decide which rally to attend as it isn't about pros & cons but subjectively what you want.

If you have not attended any rally before, I would suggest you attend RIV as it will be a chance to meet many of the factory people you *may* have to deal with in the future. Also, it is a great chance to get an infusion of "rah-rah" feel good factory stuff.

If you have never been to Branson before, you will most likely have a good time if for no other reason than Branson is unique and you should at least see it once.

IMHO, the RATS rally is more of a chance to get together with friends old and new to enjoy the fellowship and shared commonalities as well as eating far better food then would be catered at RIV. Far more low key and more about *us* and learning about our coaches than RIV.

I doubt if I have made your decision any easier, but can definately say it's a win-win situation and no bad choice can be made. In the "for what it's worth" department, I'll be at RATS.

Another thought that might sway your decision, if you have any interest in fast cars, land speed records and good fellowship, you could come to Maxton, NC for the land speed races there in Oct and caravan with us from there to the RATS the following weekend. This way you get two great rallys for your trip "south".

Robert,

There is another factor involved in the difference between RITV and RATS and that is cost. At RITV you have a registration fee to pay for all of the stuff, I believe it will be $375.00 this year, whereas at RATS you a rally registration fee and you pay only for your camping fee and then the food is potluck with the exception of one afternoon the guys cook hot dogs or hamburgers for lunch, so while there is the food expense involved at RATS, like Paul said we eat REEEAAALLL GOOOOOOD!! To see some photos of last years RATS rally go to;
http://www.pbase.com/iamflagman/image/82671844 then click on NEXT at the right of each page to see more.

For photos of last years RITV go to;
http://www.pbase.com/iamflagman/image/88279148

Check out Fall Maxton Blue Bird Mini-Rally for some information about the Maxton race mini rally that Paul is talking about, check post #1 for more links to the area we use at maxton and directions to it. To see some photos of past Maxton Blue Bird Mini-rallies go to:
http://www.pbase.com/iamflagman/image/93797898 then follow the same procedure.

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 08-19-2008
Forum owner

has anyone gotten any info on the RIV yet?
i have not.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 08-19-2008

Randy,

I requested information from BB at least 3 months ago on RIV, and so far, haven't received a thing.
Linden, Michigan
Old 08-19-2008
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGloverii View Post
Randy,

I requested information from BB at least 3 months ago on RIV, and so far, haven't received a thing.
If you are waiting for a personal information packet to be mailed to you, all of the spaces at the KOA in Branson will probably be taken and you won't get in. I posted the information with links to the PDF entry form and flyer five days ago at RITV info right here on the forum, check it out.

If you plan on attending you had better just download that registration form and mail it in.

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 08-19-2008

It doesn't appear anything is getting directly mailed. I know I was on the "interested party" list in Georgia. I was #8 in line. I haven't gotten anything by mail, but downloaded it and mailed it in.

don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- poor products with poor support