Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Craigs List, Ebay, Coaches and other Finds

Craigs List, Ebay, Coaches and other Finds Other Coaches or anything else you have found for sale that others here might want to know about.

Site Search:

Old 07-08-2013

Default 1982 "Wonderlodge" named "Witch Doctor" on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1982-...&vxp=mtr#v4-40

It's in New York....an unfortunately long way away from New Mexico, else I'd go look.....<sigh>
Old 07-08-2013
Timberlake Products Group

Tim it looks like it needs to stay in NY 12MPG is a hoot though...

Seriously, I bet the green/cream/gold paint was really sharp when new

Ryan and Michelle Saari
Timberlake Products Group, Inc.
1985 PT36
1983 FC35RB Left me for Atlanta!
Clearwater, Florida
https://www.timberlakeproductsgroup.com/
https://www.ebay.com/str/timberlakeproductsgroup

Last edited by Turbokitty; 07-08-2013 at 05:05 PM.
Old 07-08-2013

Interesting. That's a perfect example of what we debate on the WOG forum. Some think because it has a low price it's a candidate. I don't think much of that one at all. Looks like a money pit that would never end.

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold
Old 07-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblerboy64 View Post
Interesting. That's a perfect example of what we debate on the WOG forum. Some think because it has a low price it's a candidate. I don't think much of that one at all. Looks like a money pit that would never end.
You may well be right....just would add that there's a big difference between "worth a look" and "gotta have it."
Old 07-08-2013
Timberlake Products Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblerboy64 View Post
That's just it John, I guess you can't buy love but love sure can get expensive

Ryan and Michelle Saari
Timberlake Products Group, Inc.
1985 PT36
1983 FC35RB Left me for Atlanta!
Clearwater, Florida
https://www.timberlakeproductsgroup.com/
https://www.ebay.com/str/timberlakeproductsgroup
Old 07-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokitty View Post
Tim it looks like it needs to stay in NY 12MPG is a hoot though
Yeah, in the pictures it looks fairly rough...and who knows how long it has been sitting?
Old 07-08-2013

From the other side of the half empty half full glass... are they not all money pits in some way or another? I thought part of the general RV understanding was they are not "investments" in a monetary sense.

Then again, maybe anything under $20k, devoid a solid WOG history, and/or otherwise deemed "unfit" should just be scrapped outright eh? Might raise the prices of those that remain, no? Then what would we debate though? Just tires, batteries, oil, and where the cheap camp sites are?

Sorry, I'd look at if it wasn't so far away! 12 mpg is clearly rubbish but it does appear to be running in the dash pic, presuming the pics are fresh that is a good sign to me. What can be seen of the walls and ceiling they appear dry and spot free though no pics of the mechanicals. That said, it clearly needs an exterior and interior make over. If I wasn't already up to here (hand way above head) with the one I have now, I'd certainly consider a road trip to look at this one. First asking for more details, pics, and a video if they would be so helpful of course.

Besides, it's a Bird, at $6k it's still better rough, which it surely is, than a newer trashed out SOB at the same price is it not? The traditional $10k first year would likely go a long way on this Bird, I'd think.
3208T 250hp
Allison MT-643
Rear End 5.29
Old 07-08-2013
1995 WB 42’ Series 60

It may well be the right coach for someone. If you could buy it right, you could afford to put a little money in it. Coming from up north I would want to know it did not have a rust problem.
Please use e mail instead of Private Message
Mallie@EuLake.com
Old 07-08-2013

At 30 years old, and many having sat in salt water states at least for a time, I'd imagine very few do not have at least some rust issues. Around the front cap seam, chassis AC scoop for those that have one, anywhere there are metal mismatches... Mirrors, grab handles, etc., and exposed under carriage metal appear to be pretty common on the steel Birds I've seen.
3208T 250hp
Allison MT-643
Rear End 5.29
Old 07-08-2013
Slow Learner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bene View Post
From the other side of the half empty half full glass... are they not all money pits in some way or another? I thought part of the general RV understanding was they are not "investments" in a monetary sense.
Amen, Bene. As the owner of an 83 with extremely well known WOG previous owners, things happen over those 30 years. It is what it is.

Even with a $20K investment, this would be the best $26K motorhome on the planet! IMHO, of course.

Mike
2007 Coachmen Mirada 300QB