Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > 'Bird Projects & Modifications

'Bird Projects & Modifications Share with us that latest project or modification that you have done to your 'Bird right here.

Site Search:

Old 11-18-2008
jcoop0001

Default Quick and Easy Air Tank Drain Mod

When I got my Bird I went to drain the air tanks and got a face full of water. Don't think they where ever drained.

So,,,,,

When I was under the bus chasing air leaks I installed the cable pull drains from Napa.

Here is what is needed for my mod.

The Valve Napa P/N N401047 $10.00

It includes the lanyard,

I made the Handle and found a longer 3/8" bolt.

Here is the valve installed

I removed one bolt from the plate that holds up my Cruise Air Condensors and replace it with a longer bolt and added my handle.

Now instead of crawling under the bus I just reach under from either side and give a quick pull on the lever and swooosh... no more water build up.
I feel this will let me drain the tanks on a much more regular basis. I wanted to route them to the same place, but didn't want to cross the driveline. Figure if I am doing a walk around anyway, it doesn't matter where there located.

I have one set up for the rear tank also, but have not had a chance to do it yet.

Hope this helps someone.

thanks
Old 11-18-2008
Gardner

John,
I did the same to both of my coaches. Definitely a low-cost high-value upgrade.
I like the levers!
78 FC 33 Happinest (Sold)
Ridgewood, New Jersey