Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues)

PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your PT or WB model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it....list your PT Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 03-01-2018
Black Sheep Division

Question How to mount TV to wall?

I want to mount a 20" TV to the sidewall in my PT. How can I find something substantial to attach the mount to? I have never had any of the side walls apart so I don't know what's in there.

TOM
Old 03-01-2018

If I had the extra $$, I'd install a motorized up/down against the curb wall behind the passenger seat. Bolt to the floor, out of sight while driving, something like this.....

https://www.wallmountworld.com/Motor...-lift-3660.htm

Back to wanna be status
Old 03-01-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmansax View Post
I want to mount a 20" TV to the sidewall in my PT. How can I find something substantial to attach the mount to? I have never had any of the side walls apart so I don't know what's in there.

TOM
Tom,
Get yourself a bag of these. Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010002 (6).jpg
Views:	136
Size:	199.5 KB
ID:	54188

This is what is holding my 65" TV and huge and very heavy rotatable mount on my wall above my fireplace in the house and that only has 1/2 drywall. I didn't mount it, but the guys from Best Buy did when I got the TV. The mounting came free with the purchase plus I didn't want to mess with that big of one, by myself. Given the fact that my bus and I'd guess yours too, has 3/4 plywood on the walls, you should not have an issue, with these. Each one is rated to hold 143#. They can be purchased at any Lowes, HD, Menards etc. Be sure to get the bag for the thickness of your wall you are hanging it on. These are for 3/8-1/2" They have them for all kinds of thicknesses and applications, clearly labeled on the bag. You may need the 3/4" thickness ones. You may also need to clear out some of the foam insulation around the inside of the hole to allow the hanger to expand as it should. You could take an icepick and bend the end to 90° about 3/4" or so to remove the foam on the back side of the plywood to let the "wings" spread on the Toggle. By the way, put these in with a manual screwdriver. It would be to easy to strip out using a driver or a drill. You will feel the resistance and can stop before it gets stripped, using a manual screwdriver.

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 03-01-2018
Gardner

There are wires in the walls for things like outlets/switches/etc. Drilling holes is risky unless you know where where the wires are.

On your PT there are vertical steel members behind the plastic strips that hold the material in place. That would make a good starting point.
78 FC 33 Happinest (Sold)
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Old 03-01-2018

I’d install rivnuts in the vertical support members.

These are like threaded rivets. I installed a pair for a large shower bar type handle adjacent to the entry stairs.
They handle is very strong. It was initially installed with sheet metal screws which oblonged their holes quickly.

Another option is to the cabinetry. I’d in that case use bolts and nuts and fender washers on the back side or a fleet (much redundancy) of plywood / wood screws (not drywall) . If machine screws or bolts Use a nyloc nut so it doesn’t vibrate loose.

When I installed the rivnuts I had to remove the channel on the cabin side of the vertical member so the rivnut would sit flush. I cut those off with a sharp chisel and just enough to clear the rivnut head.

Doug
Ex-PT36
Old 03-01-2018

I just bought a wall swivel mount and mounted a 24-inch tv on the flat portion of my dash.
We raise it up and stand it on end when parked for tv watching.
Lay it flat for travel and had a small table made to just fit over the tv so we have a place for drinks, food and the cats when traveling.
No problems with this setup going on 10 years now.
Old 03-01-2018
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaaksma View Post
If I had the extra $$, I'd install a motorized up/down against the curb wall behind the passenger seat. Bolt to the floor, out of sight while driving, something like this.....

https://www.wallmountworld.com/Motor...-lift-3660.htm
700 bucks? no way! you can build that for way cheaper.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 03-01-2018
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebird Bob View Post
I just bought a wall swivel mount and mounted a 24-inch tv on the flat portion of my dash.
We raise it up and stand it on end when parked for tv watching.
Lay it flat for travel and had a small table made to just fit over the tv so we have a place for drinks, food and the cats when traveling.
No problems with this setup going on 10 years now.
Great idea!!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 03-01-2018
Black Sheep Division

I don't want to mount the TV on the dash. I don't want to hang it and fold it down. I just want it mounted to the side wall out of the way. We watch TV about 30 minutes a day, 3/4 days a week. If it wasn't a pain to setup I'd stick it in the closet and get it out when I wanted to watch it.

What I need to know is how to locate something in the wall to screw the base to. Is it square tube? Can I use self drilling metal screws? How thick is it? How close are they together?

TOM
Old 03-01-2018

I'm putting my new television in the overhead above the driver but I don't want to loose all of the storage space behind it for components so I bought a coffee table lift mechanism to lower the tv and access everything behind it. I'm putting in a 12v linear actuator with a couple of cables to move it up and down.

https://www.amazon.com/Rockler-Lift-...LIFT+MECHANISM

Sky Cheney
1998 43' LXi #F119728
Lansing, Michigan