Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues)

PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your PT or WB model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it....list your PT Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 10-26-2018

Default Frumpy Bumper

Silver Shadow has a frumpy smile. The driver side bumper is out of alignment with the rest of the bumper. I figured (optimistically) that I would probably have to loosen some big hardware and slide the bumper back into alignment easy-peasy. Not So Fast, Jimbo!

Looking underneath I can see that a hmmmm what the **** is that thing? Lets call it a bumper support cross-member, which attaches to the generator slide support frame (I think) hit something that caused it to bend backward an inch or two, pulling the front edge of the horizontal member down from the genny support rail. This makes the outer side of the bumper - which is attached to a forward going member attached to the vertical support for the cross member ( just look at the pictures folks, I am word challenged ) droop down.

In other words, Shadow needs a bit of a facelift.

Some options sprang to mind, such as using a hydraulic jack to push the bumper support arm up, or possibly a longer jack like thing to push from some big-heavy duty framey thing behind the vertical support pushing it forward, or pulling from the front with a come-a-long or something ****, I don't know. Or maybe I need to pull the whole thing off and use a press of some kind ? Or get a new sub assembly made ?

Anyway, you folks that have done these chassis level repairs, please share your hard-won wisdom with me. What kind of strategy is most likely to work and not mess something else up ?

Thanks for any help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Front-Bumper.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	202.8 KB
ID:	58577   Click image for larger version

Name:	bump-subframe.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	191.6 KB
ID:	58578   Click image for larger version

Name:	BumpSub-GenSub.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	189.6 KB
ID:	58580  
1988 PT 40 "Silver Shadow"
88 Jeep Cherokee "Indy"
Old 10-26-2018

Try hydraulic jack with 4x4” extension (cut to size), come along or using chain to pull against a big tree or 4x4 against the tree to push.
Ex-PT36
Old 10-26-2018
tintent

JIM work with the supports you may have to remove the face bar save that chrome .